• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Which roms trjgger custom padlock bootscreen?

Search This thread

mixlex

Jul 16, 2011
Jeffersonville, in
I just flashed infamous s4 and got the custom padlock bootscreen. Went back t o stock and used triangle away then restored goldeneye with kt kernel.now no padlock bootscreen again. How about you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
That will popup randomly, there is not a certain thing that triggers it, I have seen roms, kernels, recoveries trigger that screen.

Please use the Thanks Button!

Aou

Aug 4, 2008
Arizona
I just flashed infamous s4 and got the custom padlock bootscreen. Went back t o stock and used triangle away then restored goldeneye with kt kernel.now no padlock bootscreen again. How about you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It's a matter of the following:
- If SysScope (included in stock roms, and some stock-based roms) is allowed to run on startup and detects root or other System modifications, it'll flag your boot screen for the next boot-up.
- If SysScope is removed from the rom, but SecSettings is still original, it will do the same (flag the next boot).
- If a rom is built without SysScope and without the stock SecSettings, it will not flag the boot.
- If your boot screen is flagged for "Custom", it will stay custom until SysScope can tell it otherwise (or you run Triangle-Away, or otherwise remove it).

So, it's really a matter of what order you do things, and what ROMs you use. There are some more crazy methods to removing SysScope from the stock rom, if you're interested.