Which roms trjgger custom padlock bootscreen?

Search This thread

mixlex

Jul 16, 2011
Jeffersonville, in
I just flashed infamous s4 and got the custom padlock bootscreen. Went back t o stock and used triangle away then restored goldeneye with kt kernel.now no padlock bootscreen again. How about you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
That will popup randomly, there is not a certain thing that triggers it, I have seen roms, kernels, recoveries trigger that screen.

Please use the Thanks Button!

Aou

Aug 4, 2008
Arizona
I just flashed infamous s4 and got the custom padlock bootscreen. Went back t o stock and used triangle away then restored goldeneye with kt kernel.now no padlock bootscreen again. How about you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It's a matter of the following:
- If SysScope (included in stock roms, and some stock-based roms) is allowed to run on startup and detects root or other System modifications, it'll flag your boot screen for the next boot-up.
- If SysScope is removed from the rom, but SecSettings is still original, it will do the same (flag the next boot).
- If a rom is built without SysScope and without the stock SecSettings, it will not flag the boot.
- If your boot screen is flagged for "Custom", it will stay custom until SysScope can tell it otherwise (or you run Triangle-Away, or otherwise remove it).

So, it's really a matter of what order you do things, and what ROMs you use. There are some more crazy methods to removing SysScope from the stock rom, if you're interested.