Question Which S22 Ultra available in Canada is EASILY Rootable? ‎SM-S908BZKGEUB or ‎SM-S908EZKGINU or other?

Search This thread

newuxtreme

May 4, 2013
So TL;DR.

I bought the S22 Ultra from Fido previously and it came out to be SM908W something... Turns out that wasn't rootable.

Now I have the options of E & B above.

The E is from India, someone will get me that phone, or the B I can get from Amazon Canada itself.

This is the B version available to us in Canada btw : https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09NRV6WZD/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Trying to not make this mistake again!

gav83collins

So TL;DR.

I bought the S22 Ultra from Fido previously and it came out to be SM908W something... Turns out that wasn't rootable.

Now I have the options of E & B above.

The E is from India, someone will get me that phone, or the B I can get from Amazon Canada itself.

This is the B version available to us in Canada btw : https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09NRV6WZD/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Trying to not make this mistake again!
its possible to unlock and root the b but its not exactly simple, took me a few attempts

airwebber

Nov 15, 2011
From another post here:

SM-S908B (Europe) - Exynos (unlockable)
SM-S908E and /DS (Asia/Africa) - Snapdragon (unlockable)
SM-S908U (US carriers) - Snapdragon (locked, except T-mobile unlock by request)
SM-S908U1 (US openline) - Snapdragon (locked)
SM-S908W (Canada) - Snapdragon (locked)
SM-S9080 (China) - Snapdragon (unlockable)
SM-S908N (Korea) - Snapdragon (unlockable)

The question I am trying to figure out, is which of the unlockable versions have the bands to work in the USA.

gav83collins

From another post here:

The question I am trying to figure out, is which of the unlockable versions have the bands to work in the USA.
Capture.PNG

hese are the same bands as a north american device can access (sm-s908u)

Last edited:
Reactions: airwebber

airwebber

Nov 15, 2011
Being on Cricket Wireless in the USA, doesn't look like any of the unlockable versions will work on 5G. Damn.

airwebber

Nov 15, 2011
My suggestion to the OP, is get the SM-S908E. The Exynos version doesn't do as well on the tests as the Snapdragon and also, the SM-S908E's seem to be a few hundred cheaper than the SM-S908B's.

gav83collins

My suggestion to the OP, is get the SM-S908E. The Exynos version doesn't do as well on the tests as the Snapdragon and also, the SM-S908E's seem to be a few hundred cheaper than the SM-S908B's.
lol thats funny i didnt pay enough attention to notice you wasnt the op, my bad, a lot of people are complaining about the exynos, but mine has no issues others are reporting, but saying that i dont own a sd variant to compare, but i am happy with mine esp now its rooted

airwebber

Nov 15, 2011
lol thats funny i didnt pay enough attention to notice you wasnt the op, my bad, a lot of people are complaining about the exynos, but mine has no issues others are reporting, but saying that i dont own a sd variant to compare, but i am happy with mine esp now its rooted

The benchmarks are just not up to the usual PAR for exynos vs the Snapdragon for this version. But, the main reason for the OP, I would suggest the SM-S908E, is the price.

gav83collins

The benchmarks are just not up to the usual PAR for exynos vs the Snapdragon for this version. But, the main reason for the OP, I would suggest the SM-S908E, is the price.
i did do a geek bench comparison thread, and with everything on my device, i was a little sower than a sd device who also did a test, but wheni turned off a few things mine was much faster

airwebber

Nov 15, 2011
i did do a geek bench comparison thread, and with everything on my device, i was a little sower than a sd device who also did a test, but wheni turned off a few things mine was much faster
At this point, I would have been happy with either, but they just don't have the bands for my carrier in da USA.

newuxtreme

May 4, 2013

So guys just to clarigy then the Indian model (SM 908E) will be rootable AND will be able to work in Canada yes?

This website linked showed me nothing for SM-908E in the dropdown list below, so I am a little confused about that!

1652794062934.png

airwebber

Nov 15, 2011
So guys just to clarigy then the Indian model (SM 908E) will be rootable AND will be able to work in Canada yes?

This website linked showed me nothing for SM-908E in the dropdown list below, so I am a little confused about that!
We both used this for Canada:

airwebber

Nov 15, 2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From another post here:

From another post here:

Capture.PNG

hese are the same bands as a north american device can access (sm-s908u)
    wait im confused, are you in the usa or canada ?
    go here to check what bands operate for who and where https://www.frequencycheck.com/countries/canada
    The OP is in Canada, I am in US. lol
    One another side note, if you go with the E, chances are you may wanna use the rom below, so other than for the sake of maybe rooting the phone, you wont remain on it's version of firmware.