Question Which screen protector (not glass)!

Search This thread

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Keep the factory one until it wears out.
I been using Gorilla IQ Sheild for over 3 years on my N10+. Wet apply so that placement is fairly easy, inexpensive, long lived and holds up to spen use (self healing). Fairly good feel but not as good as the Samsung one when new (the Samsung's surface coating eventually wears out).
It's sucked up some nasty scrapes with no damage to the display; provides limited impact protection and excellent scratch protection.

A Zizo Bolt case provides the primary display protection. Without this the N10+ would be damaged or destroyed by the first year. These are heavy phones that love to corner hit and face plant.

I been using Gorilla IQ Sheild for over 3 years on my N10+. Wet apply so that placement is fairly easy, inexpensive, long lived and holds up to spen use (self healing). Fairly good feel but not as good as the Samsung one when new (the Samsung's surface coating eventually wears out).
It's sucked up some nasty scrapes with no damage to the display; provides limited impact protection and excellent scratch protection.

A Zizo Bolt case provides the primary display protection. Without this the N10+ would be damaged or destroyed by the first year. These are heavy phones that love to corner hit and face plant.
Your Note 10+ was about the last with factory SP. No one on S23U
Usually I use Whitestone Dome Glass, but they were not yet available (in NL)
I now used Dome UV Gen Film, designed by Whitestone. Is film but with uv-curing glue. Perfect fit around egdes, easy install and works nice with S Pen.
Together with Sammy's Smart View Wallet Case, I feel my new toy is well protection.

2 pc for 32 euro.

I'll see how long they hold and if I will switch to Dome Glass this time.

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I now used Dome UV Gen Film, designed by Whitestone. Is film but with uv-curing glue. Perfect fit around egdes, easy install and works nice with S Pen.
Together with Sammy's Smart View Wallet Case, I feel my new toy is wellington protection.

2 pc for 32 euro.

Samsung just gets worse by the year. That's why I'm still running two N10+'s that were bought new. How much trouble is it to put a screen protector on it for Samsung?
Both good cases and screen protectors are hard to source for a newly released model.

Whitestone is offshore junk. Their support is wretched. Dealt with those malakas once, never again.

volcolm

Jan 20, 2013
Zagg do some fab 1s. I get 1 each year and never had a blemish on my screen
Here also, though do it at a mall kiosk because my house isn't a clean room (animals bad) and they have a curing caddy er whatever to properly bond it (no bubbles then lifting edges). As expensive as online but replacements are cheap, "lifetime" (whatever that means).

Joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
UK
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Together with Sammy's Smart View Wallet Case, I feel my new toy is well protection.

2 pc for 32 euro.

No chance thay I would pay 30gbp for 2 pieces.

I am going with tauri or egv, 2/3 screen protectors for about 10gbp, should last year easily

Reactions: gnasher666

Kinsman-UK

Sep 4, 2008
I've ordered a RIngke Dual Easy Film 'Wing' protector. It wraps around the sides of the phone so that the edges shouldn't lift. Thought it looked like an interesting design, so will give it a go when the phone arrives. Got the Onyx case to go with it too for now.

highlightshadow

Reactions: Canard caché
I've ordered a RIngke Dual Easy Film 'Wing' protector. It wraps around the sides of the phone so that the edges shouldn't lift. Thought it looked like an interesting design, so will give it a go when the phone arrives. Got the Onyx case to go with it too for now.

I have it and it's fine :)

Are
Samsung just gets worse by the year. That's why I'm still running two N10+'s that were bought new. How much trouble is it to put a screen protector on it for Samsung?
Both good cases and screen protectors are hard to source for a newly released model.

Whitestone is offshore junk. Their support is wretched. Dealt with those malakas once, never again.

Are you greek...or Cypriot file mou?

Reactions: blackhawk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2 pc for 32 euro.

there is no factory one sadly
    This is what I wanted to know. Wow. Every cost cutting saving measure possible

I have it and it's fine :)

Does the black boarder cover the actual screen?
    I would be lying if I say not at all. it's not that I can tell from top and bottom, but there it does cover the left and right for about 0.3mm. I can only tell that if I take a screenshoot and compare the width difference of the Chrome scroll bar from that to what I can see. It's not something you will notice

Update: found a better way to test this. I just zoom in a black thing to where I barely see white light on the edge and took a screen shot, now you can see how much is covered
    Screenshot_20230224_125235_Chrome.png