Which screen protector to get?

Search This thread

josephcsible

Nov 3, 2016
I'm looking for a new screen protector for my 3T. Here's my requirements:
Are there any screen protectors that meet all of these criteria?

Attachments

• CoverEntireDisplayArea.jpg
    CoverEntireDisplayArea.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 8,454

B3501

Mar 4, 2015
Yeah,there's no good tempered glass protector. The only option is a plastic protector.

zanderswigan

Sep 7, 2016
OPPO Find X5 Pro
I bought a couple of cheap ones off eBay that go around the home button and speaker. Don't even notice it's on most of the time. I get a little oil spill type effect but that's only when the screens off and not noticeable unless I look for it. Think the key is getting it really stuck down. When I first put it on I ended up with tobacco underneath it from my pocket but carefully took it off and reapplied it and so far it's been fine. Had it on about 2 months maybe 6 weeks and it's been great

exb0

Oct 24, 2010
PNW
freshair.farm
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I'm having the same issue as you. I'm not sure which tempered glass screen protector to use..

After a little search, it seems like the issue with the official curved screen protector from OnePlus has been fixed. I'm gonna bite the bullet and just go for that once, since it's "official". Will report back with images.

josephcsible

Nov 3, 2016
After a little search, it seems like the issue with the official curved screen protector from OnePlus has been fixed.
Where'd you see that? I'm under the impression that they said they were going to fix it, but all they ended up doing was adding a disclaimer about the problem to the description page.

ivoricardo

Jan 15, 2012
Hey everyone,

I bought the curved tempered glass and it was so so so bad I removed it 1 minute after using it.
When you put your finger on the fingerprint sensor, I get the feeling that i'm putting my finger into a hole.
The feeling I get when I look at the screen, its the same as if my phone was outside a window...
It was expensive and I'm not using it. Tried to refund it and the support didnt allowed it.

The curved tempered glass does protect the whole phone into a point that it kills the whole feeling you get when
the phone is naked.

Please do not buy it!

I bought recently the normal tempered glass but I still didnt received it.
When it arrives I'll give some news.

Phone_Junkie

Jul 21, 2010
Chicago Area
I received these today and applied the first one perfectly. I can't tell there is anything on the screen. They do not attract smudges anymore than the phone's glass which is good.

I am more so trying to protect against micro scratches so do not necessarily need the better protection of glass.

OnePlus 3 / OnePlus 3T Screen Protectors, Multi-Pack of 5 Orzly Transparent Screen Guards Sheets for the ONE PLUS THREE SmartPhone (Original 2016 Mode https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H7BTSM0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_8PbcRUUQS3tVw

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Saamyo

chokzgaming

May 16, 2012
Using the orzly v2 glass and its cool. Yes you can see the dot matrix in direct sunlight, yes you get random rainbow in in hot/humid places. But overall its usually clear and perfect. If you use a case it just blends in and although the extra height is daunting on the home button at first, after a month I can say I can't even tell anymore, not obtrusive at all.

Reactions: GalaxyFan88

fixios

Feb 8, 2017
Experience with official tempered glass protector

So just to share my experience with the official curved tempered glass protector from oneplus after using it for some weeks.

I'm using it with the Otterbox case and it does work well together overall. It did happen very rarely that an edge was pushed off by the case when the phone was in my pocket. The visibility of the edges of the screen is impaired, but not to the point that I find it disturbing in every day usage.

So my point is, overall this combination works well and provides good protection while adding reasonable bulk. I think it's a very solid choice as of now.

maddler

I have the Orzly tempered glass protector, no issues here... Recommend it

Yup, quite happy with that. But I'm not 100% persuaded that's actually tempered glass. I managed to get it chipped just by holding it in my pocket with some coins (I assume, as I never dropped it). Nothing major, but never happened with any other glass screen protector before. So, guess that's still going to provide some level of protection but wouldn't trust it too much for major protection.

Apart from that, that's ok for the price.
IMHO

B3501

Mar 4, 2015
I'm on my 2nd Orzly V2 now and it's not too bad. I have limited rainbow affect which is only visible under fluorescent lights and the touch sensitivity is generally OK. It's not great by any means but it's adequate, will protect the screen and is the best out of a poor lot.

Top Liked Posts