• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Which Screen Protector Will You Be Getting For Your OnePlus 6T ?

Search This thread

Haz3

Jan 24, 2016
LG G7 ThinQ
OnePlus 6T
Update?
I'm sold by their 'Invincible' claim. The official tempered glass screen protector from OnePlus shattered from a side after hitting my laptop's edge and developed a crack from top to bottom overnight.
This prism thing looks promising. How well does it fit?
With the Spigen case there's a significant gap between the protector and case lip. It covers from just above the camera to just inside the lower black bar on the screen. Edges I would say you need to be pretty precise on as there may be room for a line or 2 of pixels to be exposed. I have dropped it a few times and had no issues with crack's.

thisguy159

Nov 28, 2011
So is there a consensus on what is the best tempered glass for the 6t, one that doesn't take up screen and one that covers the entire screen. I find it frustrating that Samsung can get screen protectors that are really curved and 6t continues to see gaps etc. Also wtf is everybody that install a screen protector on amazon and decides to then share pictures take such **** pictures of what it looks like, looking at the phone from 4 ft away doesn't help.

Is the OPO protector the way to go or is that one also ****.

cannothas

Jan 22, 2011
Durango
Is the OPO protector the way to go or is that one also ****.

I really can't steer you away from the official OnePlus TGSP strongly enough. It's $30, AND you pay shipping (for me another $10), so it's a very premium price-tag, and in my experience a very non-premium product, and a very non-premium support team when it has problems. Keep in mind, for the same price, the competition is miles ahead in both areas (such as dbrand).

I had bubbling under my OP TGSP from the first moment I put it on. I thought I just effed it up. But today (2 months later) I got so annoyed with it I finally took it off. What I found is the bubbling was between the TGSP and the glue - NOT between the glue and the phone's screen, but between the protector and glue layer. Everyone who has issues like mine appear to be the same issue, the edges of the glue layer do not adhere to the glass protector well enough. In my attempts to fix this I kept getting more and more dust between the phone and glue, but it never got any better in the area where the glue wasn't adhered to the TGSP properly.

Not sure what I'm going to get, but after 3 weeks of convoluted and confusing emails back and forth from OnePlus support (between real people and automated responses), two weeks waiting on them to decide my TGSP is faulty, and 1 week of waiting for them to transfer the money, I finally have the $30 refund I asked for. It will not be spent on another OnePlus TGSP.

So, yeah, mine was **** for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,197

thisguy159

Nov 28, 2011
I really can't steer you away from the official OnePlus TGSP strongly enough. It's $30, AND you pay shipping (for me another $10), so it's a very premium price-tag, and in my experience a very non-premium product, and a very non-premium support team when it has problems. Keep in mind, for the same price, the competition is miles ahead in both areas (such as dbrand).

I had bubbling under my OP TGSP from the first moment I put it on. I thought I just effed it up. But today (2 months later) I got so annoyed with it I finally took it off. What I found is the bubbling was between the TGSP and the glue - NOT between the glue and the phone's screen, but between the protector and glue layer. Everyone who has issues like mine appear to be the same issue, the edges of the glue layer do not adhere to the glass protector well enough. In my attempts to fix this I kept getting more and more dust between the phone and glue, but it never got any better in the area where the glue wasn't adhered to the TGSP properly.

Not sure what I'm going to get, but after 3 weeks of convoluted and confusing emails back and forth from OnePlus support (between real people and automated responses), two weeks waiting on them to decide my TGSP is faulty, and 1 week of waiting for them to transfer the money, I finally have the $30 refund I asked for. It will not be spent on another OnePlus TGSP.

So, yeah, mine was **** for sure.

Thanks for the detail feedback. I also get the 30 dollar barrier of entry but like I said what is better, you named of some brands but I do not know if any of them cover the entire screen fit and/or do not intrude on the actual screen. I am more then happy to take a chance on OPO product if there is the chance of it working properly.

Elloco305

May 28, 2008
Miami
Good evening guys. Just chiming in as I bought this screen protector ((9D)) a few weeks ago and finally asked my wife to apply it.
It's horrible - the width is off, it's very noticeable and annoying. The height is damn near perfect but if your a hairline off it's going to be a noticeable difference.
So much for full screen as advertised

So I just bought this TGSP ((YERSAN)) I've read so much negative comments here but it's the only good looking option.
If anyone has finally found the perfect screen protector please advise!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190321-002248__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20190321-002248__01.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 867
  • Screenshot_20190321-002248__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20190321-002248__01.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 853
  • Screenshot_20190321-002059__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20190321-002059__01.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 865

imrock0

Jul 10, 2015
With the Spigen case there's a significant gap between the protector and case lip. It covers from just above the camera to just inside the lower black bar on the screen. Edges I would say you need to be pretty precise on as there may be room for a line or 2 of pixels to be exposed. I have dropped it a few times and had no issues with crack's.

Seems nice enough. I'm on a skin, so I shouldn't need to worry about any case compatibility.

On the "dropped it a few times" though, I hope you didn't intentionally drop the phone just for "testing". I can't imagine dropping my phone just to test the durability of a new screen protector.:laugh:

strictlyphat

Jan 19, 2008
Thanks for the detail feedback. I also get the 30 dollar barrier of entry but like I said what is better, you named of some brands but I do not know if any of them cover the entire screen fit and/or do not intrude on the actual screen. I am more then happy to take a chance on OPO product if there is the chance of it working properly.
I'm ordering the puregear one(TMobile sells it for 40$, on eBay someone has them for 17$) and it has 2 YouTube videos from people I normally look at for accessory reviews tk bay and big unbox. Both give it a good recommendation. I'll report back once I have it.

Elloco305

May 28, 2008
Miami
I'm ordering the puregear one(TMobile sells it for 40$, on eBay someone has them for 17$) and it has 2 YouTube videos from people I normally look at for accessory reviews tk bay and big unbox. Both give it a good recommendation. I'll report back once I have it.
My greatest concern must be if it's case friendly! Please report back. Found them on eBay as well and I'm interested but just spent money on two different protectors and none of them were worth it, (pics of protectors applied in earlier post)

thisguy159

Nov 28, 2011

So I sucked it up and went to.tmobile and paid full price which is fing ridiculous. But it works it is exactly the width of the screen so looking from and angle u see it but it's been the best of the 5 I have gotten.

molitar

Mar 10, 2009
So do we have any general consensus on what is a good screen protector.
1. Does not block pixels
2. Case friendly for bumper type cases
3. Has smooth buttery feel of glass even if not glass
4. Not easily shattered
5. No lightbleed
6. Not easily scratched

So do we have a general consensus on what brands and models provide these qualifications?

Reactions: kitcostantino

formicae

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
There's no protector that's going to check all of those boxes, not a single one (and I'd add '1b. Covers entire visible screen,' making it even more difficult). I'd rather lose a column of pixels on the left and right edges than see unprotected visible display area, so I've stuck with ******* for three months.

Edit: Wasn't expecting the name to get censored, it's the one that ends with 'wind'

Reactions: kitcostantino

ma678

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto, ON
There's no protector that's going to check all of those boxes, not a single one (and I'd add '1b. Covers entire visible screen,' making it even more difficult). I'd rather lose a column of pixels on the left and right edges than see unprotected visible display area, so I've stuck with ******* for three months.

Edit: Wasn't expecting the name to get censored, it's the one that ends with 'wind'
It looks like I bought this one, too. Not perfect but not worst, either. Why is it blocked? Is it because it gave away samples for review?

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T using Tapatalk

kitcostantino

Mar 21, 2011
Mayberry
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8
after two weeks with the dbrand one, i can say it does hold up to falls, spins, drops out of ones hand, etc, but also gets scratches on the surface pf the SP itself. i just re-read these posts. i can confirm the sizing issue. there is a solid 1/4" space around the entire screen protector. Skinomi actually covers more, but 2/$30 is still not bad for the dbrand. it still is not a perfect solution, but decent. my phone has taken a few face down drops like a champ (no, i wasnt trying...i hear ya)
id love if they made this an fit with no gap to my Spigen Liquid Air case, but thats unlikely. still a good sp. (plaatic/glass hybrid)

Last edited:

astrosp4c3

May 28, 2012
Moon
Hello. I've been reading this topic for a while but i still can't decide what to choose.
What would you guys suggest as screen protector combined with either the one included by OnePlus or Spigen case?

Possibly i would like to buy it on Amazon since i'll be getting the phone from there too.

Last edited:

mgdking

Nov 6, 2007

Is there anyway you could post up some pictures of the puregear installed? I have been looking for a tempered glass screen protector and wanted to know your overall thoughts on this? Iam still using the one it came with pre-installed until I can find a good glass one to replace it. Its driving me nuts though because its a very bad lint collector!

Prof. Yaffle

Mar 19, 2008
I've had an official OnePlus tempered glass protector on for a couple of months. My daughter just dropped a coin on it from less than 6 inches and it chipped a corner section of the protector off and put two cracks across and up the protector. Annoying as it was such a light drop/tap and I had it fitted perfectly with no bubbles/flaws. :(

Reactions: jukyO

slime340

Jun 11, 2015
Despite no consensus on a TGSP, has anyone considered using LOCA to bind the protector to the screen, so that you can use a full coverage case, i.e., unicorn beetle pro with the device. I've heard using LOCA 2500 will give the best way to get the protection and make it easy to remove the glass and you get a Whitestone type install DIY, since they won't give it to us.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried before Ferlinso tempered glass from Amazon but have the black borders not completely attached to the edges and cut some parts all around the internal screen, expecially at the bottom, in app like Whatsapp is very bad but fingerprint work very well, so i want to try Ultimate Shield, this cover less inside the display respect the other but have more bad fingerprint response.
    Finally i ordered the Amazing H+ Pro Tempered Glass 0.2 mm 2.5 D from Nillkin that is perfect for me, is very good with the touch and the fingerprint scanner, how you can see from the photos cover pratically all the display leaving a very little space because like we know the edges of the phone are curved but no air on the borders, it stay perfectly attached in all the surface.
    Ok here are the pics from the nillkin. I got it as perfect as you could without a guide or jig. I used duck tape and applied it in a steam filled bathroom. Also shut off heater while installation. Didn't want any dust to screw up the whole thing. I used duck tape as as a hinge for the glass. Duck tape still sticks when bathroom steams up. It looks great and has no bubbles or Halo around the edges. For 10 bucks you can beat it unless you want to pay 40 bucks for Puregear. Hopefully that's enough pics! [emoji23]image1.jpegimage18.jpegimage2.jpegimage4.jpegimage3.jpegimage5.jpegimage6.jpegimage8.jpegimage7.jpegimage9.jpegimage10.jpegimage11.jpegimage12.jpegimage13.jpegimage14.jpegimage15.jpegimage16.jpegimage17.jpegView attachment 1image19.jpegAttach622_20181211_153642.jpegIMG_20181211_154037.jpeg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    I just installed a PureGear tempered glass protector with my Spigen Liquid Armour case. I have to say it is worth the money to spend to get a protector that won't bubble, lift or collect finger prints. Just make sure you align it as best as you can with the edges before it reaches the black border and you're good.

Luckily with PureGear, they have the whole tray and set/press installation instead of having to align it yourself. I had the stock one on for a few days but you have to understand that it's a scratch resistant protector, not glass that will help with impact to the screen.

Yup, i have the EXACT same setup (bit the bullet and bought the PurGear as well from T-mobile a few weeks ago) And i must say, its perfect. And the pictures you posted are exactly what mine looks like too. Well worth it.

This whole time I've been waiting on Xtremeguard to produce theirs (been using their Spartan Glass protectors for years on all my phones) and they finally released their version. Their cut outs always been perfect, and I'm 99% sure it will come without the black boarder. So in other words, it will act and lay exactly how the PurGear is. Meaning, it will only cover the 'lit up' portion of the screen, not the rounded edges. (My P2XL is like that)

With the discounts they give me (up to 94% off every month) I see no other reason NOT to buy them.. I buy 3-5 at a time only spend $3-$7 (shipped).
    I JUST bought 3 (for backups) and the total came out to $6.30 shipped.

Oh, and heres the discount ;) apply 'Cyber93' at checkout (this code can be used site wide as well -- not only for protectors.) Merry Christmas :silly:
    I finally found the time to install the Official OnePlus Tempered Glass protector (with black bands).
    I thought it was going to be difficult to install but I didn't had any complications or issues. I also followed the suggestion of using the OnePlus case as a guide. The black bands does not impede viewing things on screen. I can still see sliders from webpages. I also didn't had issues with bubbles. I took the time and care when I placed the glass making sure I didn't put any pressure yet. I started at the middle of the screen and slowly used the squeegee from middle to the edges on both ends.
    In one day I have not noticed any bubbles pop up. I was able to completely remove them from the install.

I like the feel and it does not leave any finger prints!
    The glass also fit with the case I got from Amazon and rests right up to the edge of the glass. The great thing too is that having the glass, it made the screen closer to the raised edge of the case.