Which tool to unlock bootloader POCO M5

Search This thread

alecxs

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
Unlocking bootloader forces factory reset.

allow permissions for Mi Cloud Sync, SMS and remote access, create Mi account, enable developer options in phone settings, enable OEM unlocking, in Mi account settings bond with Mi account, register SIM card, then wait for 7 days.

in developer options, enable OEM unlocking then reboot into fastboot mode right after (repeat this every time you enter fastboot mode)

connect phone to PC, install Android Bootloader Interface drivers, install platform-tools and double check (cmd.exe) device is visible in 'fastboot devices'

Now you are ready to unlock bootloader with official Mi Unlock Tool. if you need linux or mac version use unofficial XiaoMiTool V2.

Remember your Mi account credentials! After successful unlocking bootloader, WiFi network is required for FRP unlocking (mi account).

After finishing initial setup, remove bonded Mi account in order to disable FRP and revoke permissions for Mi cloud.

Last edited:

noobie2022

Dec 15, 2022
Like TS, I've also been scouring this forum for a reliable guide to root Poco M5 but have yet to find any. Would be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

players02

Feb 24, 2021
What about a simple guide to debloat Poco M5 too?

Edit: Figured two things out, can use normal de-bloat guides and there is NO custom ROM probably due to the chip not being Snapdragon type.

Last edited:

Paulotko

Mar 29, 2017
Boa Noite pessoas TWRP compativel com Poco M5, conseguiram achar?

Mod translation: Good night people TWRP compatible with Poco M5, did you find it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Paulotko

Mar 29, 2017
Me arrependo de ter comprado esse aparelho. MIUI é muito ruim.
Eu também, inclusive ele está nesse momento em Hard bricked rsrs , levei na assistência técnica, me arrependo amargamente desde o primeiro erro dia que peguei esse aparelho, e paguei caro por ele.

Mod translation: Me too, even he is at this moment in Hard bricked hehehe, I took it to the technical assistance, I bitterly regret it since the first mistake on the day I got this device, and I paid dearly for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
@Paulotko and @eunaofizisso

Greetings. As a friendly remider, we ask all members to please post in English as stipulated by XDA Rule #4:

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Thank you for your cooperation, and have a pleasant day.

-Regards: Badger50

Paulotko

Mar 29, 2017
Hello successful people I'm with my Poco M5 bricado and i do not co igo install any room and just gets in fastboot mode and miflash only gives errors. Could someone help a desperate friend?:cry:o_O

Paulotko

Mar 29, 2017
Good afternoon guys, after taking the Poco M5 to the assistance and being told that there is no server for this model, I managed to leave Brick alone using MiUnlock and Miflash, the secret is to remove the Mi account on the Xiaomi website and do the procedures because Xiaomi blocks the bootloader automatically, I'll wait for the TWRP that looks like it's the same as the Redimi 11 prime 4G, I'll try again and I'll make a tutorial, hugs to all.

Screenshot_2023-02-01-17-39-11-734_com.mi.android.globallauncher.jpg

elt03

Mar 16, 2022
Good afternoon guys, after taking the Poco M5 to the assistance and being told that there is no server for this model, I managed to leave Brick alone using MiUnlock and Miflash, the secret is to remove the Mi account on the Xiaomi website and do the procedures because Xiaomi blocks the bootloader automatically, I'll wait for the TWRP that looks like it's the same as the Redimi 11 prime 4G, I'll try again and I'll make a tutorial, hugs to all.

View attachment 5825507
hi custom rom link ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking bootloader forces factory reset.

allow permissions for Mi Cloud Sync, SMS and remote access, create Mi account, enable developer options in phone settings, enable OEM unlocking, in Mi account settings bond with Mi account, register SIM card, then wait for 7 days.

in developer options, enable OEM unlocking then reboot into fastboot mode right after (repeat this every time you enter fastboot mode)

connect phone to PC, install Android Bootloader Interface drivers, install platform-tools and double check (cmd.exe) device is visible in 'fastboot devices'

Now you are ready to unlock bootloader with official Mi Unlock Tool. if you need linux or mac version use unofficial XiaoMiTool V2.

Remember your Mi account credentials! After successful unlocking bootloader, WiFi network is required for FRP unlocking (mi account).

After finishing initial setup, remove bonded Mi account in order to disable FRP and revoke permissions for Mi cloud.
    @Paulotko and @eunaofizisso

Greetings. As a friendly remider, we ask all members to please post in English as stipulated by XDA Rule #4:

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Thank you for your cooperation, and have a pleasant day.

-Regards: Badger50
    I search poco m5 but no thread there so please give a tips for this new launched #sorry my bad English

need without reset data