• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Which unlocked firmware have native call recording

Search This thread

farehmani

Apr 19, 2006
Lahore
Yes works fine Native Call Recording with Open China CSC (CHC).

No code necessary, it´s native in rom.
Great and what about Samsung pass and Google services, all present in full and does this tomorrow updates aswell. Like if I shift from TGY, will I be left deprived of anything?

Also can I only update home_csc of CHC instead of all rom? I don't want to setuon my phone again.

Sent from my SM-N9860 using Tapatalk

fjorger

Jun 10, 2008
Lisbon
Great and what about Samsung pass and Google services, all present in full and does this tomorrow updates aswell. Like if I shift from TGY, will I be left deprived of anything?

Also can I only update home_csc of CHC instead of all rom? I don't want to setuon my phone again.

Hi,

Good question, going thru the whole ordeal of using a CHC rom, and then manually adding Google services, it's probably not worth it.

But more important, what about the SIM swap trick (reset needed) on the native Hong-Kong rom, but instead of using a Thailand local SIM (code that doesn't have any ROM available - that's why it works on Exynos not Snapdragon), using a CHC (Open Main Land China) local SIM card?
That might do the trick.
The only problem, is sourcing out a low cost (CHC sim) on ebay (most say Hong Kong - kind do defeating the purpose) just to try on.

If successful, we might end up with TGY/CHC , and call recording. Who knows?

Anyone using a TGY SM-N9860 and also possessing a CHC SIM card? Feedback would be wonderful...

Regards

Last edited:

fjorger

Jun 10, 2008
Lisbon
On Note 9 and Note 10+ I had no problems to get the native call recorder by doing a simple factory reset with a thai sim in the phone. But this method doesn't work with Note 20 Ultra.
Hi Behemot24,

Can you please confirm if both note 9 and 10+ you were able to successfully to activate ”call recording” using your Thai SIM and reset trick, were Exynos variants?

Just wondering, because I was also able to use ”call record feature” on both my old Note9 and note10, but there were both Exynos models (Dual SIM Europe type - XXU - International version) thus having THL (Thailand) available/acceptable CSC option.

So this Swap trick limitation (using Thai SIM card) and our Note Ultra SM-N9860 maybe related to the fact that there are no firmwares for Snapdragon models in Thailand (only Exynos), so CSC swap will not trigger anything within the ROM code.

Just a theory.

Regards.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Could anyone confirm if boldbeast recording still working? With the latest update mine stopped working.
Hi,

Now that you mentioned that, I went and checked it, and guess what? Well, not working anymore [emoji19].

Now, it's even worse (before it was just the low incoming voice volume, no Bluetooth recording and poor integration), now nothing works.

Maybe the developer will look into it soon.

Regards.

Last edited:

android-incredible

Apr 23, 2011
Hi Behemot24,

Can you please confirm if both note 9 and 10+ you were able to successfully to activate ”call recording” using your Thai SIM and reset trick, were Exynos variants?

Just wondering, because I was also able to use ”call record feature” on both my old Note9 and note10, but there were both Exynos models (Dual SIM Europe type - XXU - International version) thus having THL (Thailand) available/acceptable CSC option.

So this Swap trick limitation (using Thai SIM card) and our Note Ultra SM-N9860 maybe related to the fact that there are no firmwares for Snapdragon models in Thailand (only Exynos), so CSC swap will not trigger anything within the ROM code.

Just a theory.

Regards.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Hi,

Now that you mentioned that, I went and checked it, and guess what? Well, not working anymore [emoji19].

Now, it's even worse (before it was just the low incoming voice volume, no Bluetooth recording and poor integration), now nothing works.

Maybe the developer will look into it soon.

Regards.

I just downloaded call recorder from the play store, works but I can't here the other person loud.

behemot24

Oct 3, 2010
Yes, my Note 9+ and 10+ were both Exynos and it worked. And so was my Note 20 Ultra 5G but it didn't work on this one :(
Then without call recording and with a crappy processor not dealing well with the battery, I decided to change the Exynos for a Snapdragon. I still have no call recording on the Snapdragon (TGY), but at least the battery behaves better...

Hi Behemot24,

fjorger

Jun 10, 2008
Lisbon
Yes, my Note 9+ and 10+ were both Exynos and it worked. And so was my Note 20 Ultra 5G but it didn't work on this one :(

Then without call recording and with a crappy processor not dealing well with the battery, I decided to change the Exynos for a Snapdragon. I still have no call recording on the Snapdragon (TGY), but at least the battery behaves better...
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback (appreciated).

So, you were using an Exynos Note 20 Ultra and the "SIM trick using a Thai operator card", no longer works?

That's too bad, I thought the problem was only "Snapdragon" region related.
This is not good at all, that means Samsung patched the code to avoid this type of trickery.
So my theory of trying the same trick using instead a "Local China SIM" was/is probably doomed from the start.

Apparently the only solution "without root and/or external recoder's" is loading the CHC rom, then remove/disabling all unwanted China stuff, and finally adding Google Play store services.
There is a user on XDA that is already using a SM-N9860 with CHC rom and Google services.

Maybe we can share, how difficult is the procedure.

For now (with the third ROM release/installation build, BoldBeast if completely silent), we are all silent (no more call recording).

Regards.

behemot24

Oct 3, 2010
Exactly... I was unpleasantly surprised to notice this :(
And I don't want to flash the CHC firmware because it seems that I would lose Samsung Pass and possibly Samsung Pay (a french user published a very detailed report here after flashing CHC on a Note 10+ - I think you can get a pretty decent translation with google translate if you want to have a look at it)

This is not good at all, that means Samsung patched the code to avoid this type of trickery.

fjorger

Jun 10, 2008
Lisbon
Exactly... I was unpleasantly surprised to notice this :(

And I don't want to flash the CHC firmware because it seems that I would lose Samsung Pass and possibly Samsung Pay (a french user published a very detailed report here after flashing CHC on a Note 10+ - I think you can get a pretty decent translation with google translate if you want to have a look at it)
Hi behemot24,

Thank you very much for the link (very useful indeed), I don't think it's worthy (in my humble opinion).

And I'm glad you shared the useful post (I was consedering trying the CHC rom), but now, don't think so...

Too many changes and restrictions, now I understand why it's more than 1GB in size (compared to the HK TGY rom), it's full of crap ;).

I will continue to use ACR ;), until a "non-root" method of adding "native recording" to the Hong Kong firmware arises.

Regards,

farehmani

Apr 19, 2006
Lahore
I converted my Note20 Ultra 5g 9860 ROM from TGY Hong-Kong to CHC Open China and it was a very unsatisfying experience. Native call recording was there already and quality was obviously matchless but it was horrible to be restricted to Chinese only stuff like search and apps etc. Also there was no Samsung pass and Even Netflix was not available in downloaded playstore so it was very horrifying. I kept the ROM for 24 hours and reverted back to TGY and now it feels like home.

Will be waiting until some non-root method of perfect all recording comes out.

inningsdefeat500

Oct 30, 2010
Vancouver
I converted my Note20 Ultra 5g 9860 ROM from TGY Hong-Kong to CHC Open China and it was a very unsatisfying experience. Native call recording was there already and quality was obviously matchless but it was horrible to be restricted to Chinese only stuff like search and apps etc. Also there was no Samsung pass and Even Netflix was not available in downloaded playstore so it was very horrifying. I kept the ROM for 24 hours and reverted back to TGY and now it feels like home.

Will be waiting until some non-root method of perfect all recording comes out.

Awesome info - ACR works with I dont think it does with BT - I have boldbeast pro from like 5-6 years, their forum helps with settings. Once I get to know the right combo and test it, will post here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone using UK BTU firmware who can confirm about the native stock call recording please. I did flash with the firmware. Only CSC file I didn't use. I used Home.CSC