• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Which Web Browser do u use ? How would u compare it to chrome on a touch chromebook ?

Search This thread

pierro78

Jan 3, 2006
www.facebook.com
LG V20
LG G8
Hey folks,

I have a chromebook flip c100 and I like to use the chrome web browser on it because chrome has a vertical scrollbar I can use with the mouse and also, when chrome is fullscreen, the url/bookmarks/tabs bar appears when my mouse goes to the top of the screen.

I like the the z4 tablet because its light weight would make it a better pdf reader than my flip ... and it's also waterproof ;) ... but I am wondering :
which web browser do you use on the Z4 tablet ? how would you compare it to chrome on a touch chromebook like the flip c100 ?

Thanks for feedback !
Pierre

Last edited:

pierro78

Jan 3, 2006
www.facebook.com
LG V20
LG G8
One option is to use a remote desktop application (chrome remote desktop, windows remote desktop, ...) to use a PC web browser on a remote PC from the z4 ...
(but this probably implies loosing touch features like pinch to zoom, etc ...)

Last edited:

pierro78

Jan 3, 2006
www.facebook.com
LG V20
LG G8
I ve been trying a lot of android browsers on my flip c100 in the last day and so far the one that seems to use the screen estate the most efficiently in my use cases is Opera in phone layout mode.

Opera in phone layout mode is able to display the 25 conversations in my google inbox like the chromeos chrome web browser does (so I don t have to scroll to view all of them)

Last edited:

pierro78

Jan 3, 2006
www.facebook.com
LG V20
LG G8
I ve just received my z4 with its bkb50 keyboard but I didn't find a nice way to get opera in fullscreen mode, so I have asked another question here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/z4-tablet/help/apps-fullscreen-immersive-mode-t3660546

pierro78

Jan 3, 2006
www.facebook.com
LG V20
LG G8
I found that "Free adblock browser" is also good in my use cases on the z4. It seems to be based on chrome/chromium 54 (not new) but this doesn t seem to impact my browsing. It can force user agent to desktop (which you can't do with chrome/chromium except with some hacks : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1811101&page=14 ) and the adblocker seems to work better than the one in opera ...

pierro78

Jan 3, 2006
www.facebook.com
LG V20
LG G8
I tried XBrowser, it's fullscreen immersive experience is perfect on our z4 with keyboard and touchpad in desktop mode BUT it doesn't display enough content (for example it displays only 19 conversations in desktop gmail, whereas apps like chrome can display the 25 conversations I have in a desktop gmail page), that's a real pity and I am contacting the developer ...

pierro78

Jan 3, 2006
www.facebook.com
LG V20
LG G8
Last edited: