White balance and saturation issues on Custom ROMs

Search This thread

Behenate

Sep 26, 2015
Hi! I have tried a couple of ROMs on my RN8T, mainly CrDroid, Paranoid Android, Bliss ROM and the custom MIUI from xiaomi.eu. For me crDrdroid and xiaomi.eu are the best because Bliss ROM and Paranoid Android like to eat battery a lot more than stock. With all of these ROMs (a bit less on xiaomi.eu one but still) i have faced some camera issues. Notably there are some serious white balance issues and photos from the main sensor often come out very yellow, and greens are extremely saturated, I think the saturation also has something to do with the white balance, because when I turn on Google AWB in Gcam the photos don't have yellow tint and greens become more acceptable.
Problem is I don't always have enough time to take a photo on Gcam and wait for the processing to finish.
I tried flashing ANX camera 190, but there are two files and after flashing both the phone bootlooped (is there a specific way in which they need to be flashed?), ANX camera 185 made no difference.
Also the videos come out a bit blurry, especially when shot inside. They still look quite bad when shot outside but not as bad.
Is there any way to fix these issues or can you recommend aby ROMs with good battery life and no such issues?

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
@loopypalm Can you clarify please -
MSM Ext - is it this one - MSM Xtended XQ Release v12.5?
AEX - this one 10.0.0_r40] AospExtended ROM V7.3 [UNOFFICIAL]?

Any of the 3 solve the call log issue?
Thanks

yes those are the names
call log issue is present in all roms exept :
AospExtended/Superior/CesiumOS/aicp/AncientOS/AOSiP/CARBON/TitaniumOS/RRos

-RRos is the best currently (customisation/performance/battery)

-AEX 7.3 has good ram usage (1.4gb out of 6gb in my RN8) good customisation (but no gesture anywhere)
it's the most stable

-Superior have higher ram usage (1.8gb in ver 20200817 and 2.2gb in ver 20200915)
has gesture anywhere no call log bug but can't hide the X when u disable mobile data and the launcher has wired permissions that can't be revoked (also xposed module are not very stable like gravitybox ...)

-MSM have good ram managment (1.4gb out of 6gb) very good customisation
but has the call log issue (you can fix that by instaling True Phone ,just don't give it internet access)

Last edited:
Reactions: pnin
yes those are the names
AospExtended/Superior/CesiumOS/aicp/AncientOS/AOSiP/CARBON/TitaniumOS

-AEX is the best with good ram usage (1.4gb out of 6gb in my RN8) good customisation (but no gesture anywhere)
it's the most stable

-Superior have higher ram usage (1.8gb in ver 20200817 and 2.2gb in ver 20200915)
has gesture anywhere no call log bug but can't hide the X when u disable mobile data and the launcher has wired permissions that can't be revoked (also xposed module are not very stable like gravitybox ...)

-MSM have good ram managment (1.4gb out of 6gb) very good customisation (anything you can think of)
but has the call log issue (you can fix that by instaling google dialer but it has no call record or True Phone if u want call rec ,just don't give them internet access)

Which is the best one with call recording? (stability and battery life being the main issues)

Thx

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
I tried Lineage OS 17.1 but it didnt have the call recording.... anyway download the AEX ROM and flash it but it keeps going back to TWRP. Is it not compatible with Redmi Note 8T / Willow??

Thx

Flash Disables dm-verity after flashing the rom
https://zackptg5.com/android.php#disverfe

if didn't work you need to "FORMAT" data (not wipe)
(copy all your data before formating,it will erase everything on int storage)

1-wipe system/vendor/data/cache/dalvik
2-flash rom
3-flash Disables dm-verity
4-clear cache/dalvik
5-reboot to system

Flash Disables dm-verity after flashing the rom
https://zackptg5.com/android.php#disverfe

if didn't work you need to "FORMAT" data (not wipe)
(copy all your data before formating,it will erase everything on int storage)

1-wipe system/vendor/data/cache/dalvik
2-flash rom
3-flash Disables dm-verity
4-clear cache/dalvik
5-reboot to system

Maybe it doesnt like Redmi Note 8T (willow). followed the steps... now the ROM is in a boot loop.

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
What are your thoughts on the Ressurection Remix 8.6.0?

ram usage is little higher (1.9gb out of 6) and some feature didn't work for me like brightness gesture and vol+- to skip songs

those bugs can be fixed with gravitybox or xposed edge

right now all RRos above 8.6.6 are good

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @loopypalm Can you clarify please -
    MSM Ext - is it this one - MSM Xtended XQ Release v12.5?
    AEX - this one 10.0.0_r40] AospExtended ROM V7.3 [UNOFFICIAL]?

Any of the 3 solve the call log issue?
    Thanks

yes those are the names
    AospExtended/Superior/CesiumOS/aicp/AncientOS/AOSiP/CARBON/TitaniumOS/RRos

-RRos is the best currently (customisation/performance/battery)

-AEX 7.3 has good ram usage (1.4gb out of 6gb in my RN8) good customisation (but no gesture anywhere)
    it's the most stable

-MSM have good ram managment (1.4gb out of 6gb) very good customisation
    but has the call log issue (you can fix that by instaling True Phone ,just don't give it internet access)