Question Who Else Goes Naked?

Search This thread

San Diego

Jun 25, 2016
the thing with the ZF4 is the narrowness and many cases have a high ridge on front,, so that it's a challenge to type the "side letters" on the keyboard (A, Q, etc). Nevertheless I don't have the stones to go naked; some of the many cases I have/have tried and like: Supcase Unicorn Beetle, Ghostek gray with leather (beautiful! but a little tough to type on), Samsung's cases, etc etc

Bigmille

May 23, 2008
London
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
same here. device withouth a case is too slippery, i've read here about skateboard griptape, but not sure about this solution...so I'm using the back kevlar slim case from this pack, front naked: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0BG2723M4/

Hi do you have this case? If so can you tell me if the case have costing that is non Slippery? Also is the lip around the outside screen too high to make swiping from the edge difficult like Samsung silicon case?

Thanks

kban2000

Nov 26, 2010
madrid
Hi do you have this case? If so can you tell me if the case have costing that is non Slippery? Also is the lip around the outside screen too high to make swiping from the edge difficult like Samsung silicon case?

Thanks
ey @Bigmille , yes, I have this case, but just the back part and it is not slippery at all, is not like a rubber or silicone case...but enough and a hundred times better than the phone material itself. Altouhg this is a rellay thin case, i guess that about 1mm, it will be dificulting swiping from the edge for sure, that's the reaseon i'm not using the front part.

Reactions: Bigmille

Bigmille

May 23, 2008
London
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Thank you, ordered it. Looking forward to have a more secure grip and not add much weight. Been using the phone naked last 2 weeks, but only in closed position in public for better grip. The Samsung silicone case just added too much bulk and weight for my trousers pocket.

kban2000

Nov 26, 2010
madrid
Thank you, ordered it. Looking forward to have a more secure grip and not add much weight. Been using the phone naked last 2 weeks, but only in closed position in public for better grip. The Samsung silicone case just added too much bulk and weight for my trousers pocket.
hope you like it! i'm also interted in the Samsung leather case, but I want to have a look at it in persion to check if it is bulky or not, and how about the grip.

strikey17

Feb 5, 2011
Riga
Nothing Phone 2
Using this phone without a case is a whole another level of enjoyment (weird): 1) Swiping on the external screen mush easier; 2) less bulk, much less; (3) thin, it's actually thin! (4) feels lighter in hands.

I did put on a back and front screen protector.

jettie1767

Feb 11, 2006
I used to have the Spigen case but it's too bulky. Over the weekend, I bought the leather case from Samsung. Much better but the hinge is exposed. I remember dropping my ZF3 on tile and it's scratched the hinge. But, I figured, I like the thinner profile with the leather case so taking the risk again.

kban2000

Nov 26, 2010
madrid
I used to have the Spigen case but it's too bulky. Over the weekend, I bought the leather case from Samsung. Much better but the hinge is exposed. I remember dropping my ZF3 on tile and it's scratched the hinge. But, I figured, I like the thinner profile with the leather case so taking the risk again.
are you using back and front cases ? Is this leather case thin ? would you please add some pictures ? Thank you! enjoy the case and the phone!

viperz22

Apr 30, 2012
I've gone naked and can't look back again. How do you Ball-out with an ugly-chunky looking tablet thing.
Gotta let it shine in it's true form! 👌👀

😎😎😎😎😎

Last edited:
Reactions: ric69
Joined the crazy 'naked' people. I am fed up with the bulkiness of the cover. I use the Fold since August 2022 and never dropped the phone... It is soooo thin removing all covers. I hope I will not be sorry for doing it but I honestly forgot how thin the phone is, even folded when it has no covers... Another funny comment - for weeks I tried 5-6 different covers , insisting to have the pen attached. Guess what... I barely use it.

device too slippery if no case is on it...............I do like it better w/out one, but don't want the chance to damage it
Yes, it is a concern. ordered a back skin from dbrand : https://dbrand.com/shop/samsung-galaxy-z-fold-4-skins

Chose the 0.5mm leather back for two reasons. First to reduce the chances I send the phone flying , and the second, I plan not to put the camera piece and have the phone sit flat on the table (cameras facing down). I have used covers since August (with and without a pen) and hated how bulky the phone becomes. Much nicer going 'naked' ..

Fatmonk8

Yes, it is a concern. ordered a back skin from dbrand : https://dbrand.com/shop/samsung-galaxy-z-fold-4-skins

Chose the 0.5mm leather back for two reasons. First to reduce the chances I send the phone flying , and the second, I plan not to put the camera piece and have the phone sit flat on the table (cameras facing down). I have used covers since August (with and without a pen) and hated how bulky the phone becomes. Much nicer going 'naked' ..
Is the leather skin thick enough to reduce the camera bump? I've been thinking of doing the same thing.

Is the leather skin thick enough to reduce the camera bump? I've been thinking of doing the same thing.
Nope, it's barely 1/3 of the camera height.. I was hoping to have it thicker, and no, I am not going to put three to get it even. However, it is both nice looking, feel great in hand, and I went full board with leather.. and ordered hand made pouch on ETSY. This way I do go 'naked' still have the phone padded when not in use... and the nicest part is I put the phone on it when I work with it, and the camera bump does not bother me., not to mention I can have the phone in the pouch in my pocket and not worry about keys scratching, and the oversized, stitched area do give it some fair protection. The one thing that kinda not working well is carry the pen.

Attachments

• 2023-03-24_18-12-41.jpg
    2023-03-24_18-12-41.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: _GRIZZLY_

n311.dunkle

I've attached a link to the case I use. It also carries my s-pen, but I find that I don't really use the S-Pen. I suppose I'll miss it, the first time I have a need for it.

Its been naked since I bought it and it makes me nervous. I want a case with a stand but they all look bulky or cheap... I've been eyeballing the case you linked but not sure about it. What's your personal rank on it out of 10?

ric69

Jan 3, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I've gone naked and can't look back again. How do you Ball-out with an ugly-chunky looking tablet thing.
Gotta let it shine in it's true form! 👌👀

😎😎😎😎😎
Same here but only at home, it is so light to use without any case ... but I dress it when I'm going out lol

I was apprehensive about the 2 screens but it's the edges that take the hits 😩

I'm using those 2 cases (first one ruined edges in my pocket grrrr. Second one is really light but really too light. I'm waiting for 3rd one / all comes from ebay China)

Attachments

• 20230326_095559.jpg
    20230326_095559.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20230326_094157_035.jpg
    IMG_20230326_094157_035.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20230326_100205_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230326_100205_eBay.jpg
    593.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts