Question Who got the OnePlus Warp Charge 50 Wireless Charger

Search This thread

jprattnu

Aug 4, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have to take the supplied case off to get it to work.... Waste of money to me, "ain't nobody got time for that".... 🤷

It is fast tho I just wish I didnt have to risk dropping my phone with no case on it to use it... 😔

Apr 2, 2021
I have to take the supplied case off to get it to work.... Waste of money to me, "ain't nobody got time for that".... 🤷

It is fast tho I just wish I didnt have to risk dropping my phone with no case on it to use it... 😔

Thats very weird, I've no issues using the supplied case for it to work.

I got both the wireless charger and the OnePlus Buds as Three UK were offering both as a pre-order bonus rather than having to choose one of the other.

Reactions: null0seven

jprattnu

Aug 4, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
That's so weird... Maybe I should return the base unit? :confused:

Edit - it seems to connect for a second, then when I rest it fully in the cradle it starts blinking red and doesn't charge.
:(

NEVER MIND!!! I figured it out from this thread - https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/warp-30-wireless-charger-flashing-red.1228344/#post-21730493

I had stuck a metal plate on the back for attaching to my car mount. Apparently any metal on the back interferes with the charging. I took it off and now it works fine. Super face palm, thanks and sorry guys! 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Bongzerker

May 14, 2019
Am I the only person that thinks 50w wireless charging kinda defeats the whole point of wireless charging? For me, wireless charging is a hardware-sympathetic way to charge your battery slower without fatigue on the charging port, or to keep a phone topped off so you don't have to plug it in as often.

50w wireless charging is horribly inefficient because of wasted energy and will likely heat the phone's battery to a crisp. It would also charge way too fast to keep a phone in the 70%-90% sweet spot of charge while sitting at a desk.

I wish OnePlus would put out a 15w wireless charger, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Technically the OnePlus 9 Pro should work with 15w Qi chargers but I haven't seen any advertised as compatible so I'm wary (all I've seen claim to only charge LG phones at 15w).

Apr 2, 2021
Am I the only person that thinks 50w wireless charging kinda defeats the whole point of wireless charging? For me, wireless charging is a hardware-sympathetic way to charge your battery slower without fatigue on the charging port, or to keep a phone topped off so you don't have to plug it in as often.

50w wireless charging is horribly inefficient because of wasted energy and will likely heat the phone's battery to a crisp. It would also charge way too fast to keep a phone in the 70%-90% sweet spot of charge while sitting at a desk.

I wish OnePlus would put out a 15w wireless charger, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Technically the OnePlus 9 Pro should work with 15w Qi chargers but I haven't seen any advertised as compatible so I'm wary (all I've seen claim to only charge LG phones at 15w).

I can see how some people may view it at pointless but to me the idea of wireless charging is to drop wear and tear on the port. So whilst most of us do charge overnight where high speeds aren't needed. I also like to put on charge if I'm not doing anything for 10-15 minutes (grabbing shower, mowing grass etc) this ensures that I've zero issues with battery being dead later in the day.

Regarding other QI chargers, I also have this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Qi-Certified-Compatible-Fast-Charging-PowerWave/dp/B07DBXZZN3 on my desk which works just fine, haven't really taken note of the speeds it achieves but it certainly charges lol

TAMARETTE

Mar 24, 2011
Belton
I just received mine yesterday and it is AMAZING. If anything I could swear its even FASTER than the 65 watt charger that comes with the phone. Today I was going to top it off while I did my morning ablutions. I came back and It had gone from 58% to 100 in barely 20 mins, more like 15 mins. From what Ive read the phone battery stays cooler with this unit as well.

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
Pro tip.. you can use the 30w wireless charger from the OnePlus 8 pro and get the same charging speeds! My OnePlus 9 pro charged from 0% to 100% in 43 minutes with the warp 30 wireless...
Aw damn, I bought the new charger. But now I have a fast charger in my bedroom and living room. Funnily enough, the 30w charger refuses to charge any of my samsung phones while the new 50w does. It doesn't charge my daughter's iphone either. But I could care less about anything apple and just tell her to get a real phone all the time. Whoa, that went off topic quickly.

zoman7663

• May 23, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Who got the OnePlus Warp Charge 50 Wireless Charger ?

I am impressed. This thing charges very fast.

Just wish it came in black :confused:
    Not just the speed charging the 9 Pro, but the versatility at charging other devices as fast as they will allow as well. Same for the brick, charges my S21 Ultra at it's max speed also. Very nice this time around the chargers are useful for more than just OnePlus devices. (I wish it came in black also).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thats very weird, I've no issues using the supplied case for it to work.

I got both the wireless charger and the OnePlus Buds as Three UK were offering both as a pre-order bonus rather than having to choose one of the other.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone