Question Who is pre ordering?

Search This thread

donc

I was on the fence about ordering. With the trade in offer on my Note 20, plus an extra $100 (total 300) for preordering, and finally Samsung gave military discount on top of all that, it made sense to switch to a fold. This will be my first after having notes all the way back to the note 2. Hopefully it will be delivered on the 26th with my Watch 5 pro.

eswar539

Dec 8, 2012
Z Fold 4
still using fold 3, main screen got dead pixels after 10months, they asked me to pay 80$ as i had ADLD and got it replaced and the side finger print paint got scratched off on its own, but it was also changed while changing the screen

after 2 weeks the front display went completly blank and they repiared under warranty, in 20 days the warranty will be over and i dont want to hold this phone while the warranty is gone lol

yes, im upgrading to fold 4 even though its not perfect yet. since they are giving free ADLD im fine with all the problem.

i cant go back to normal phones anymore after using fold 3 cause of the massive display even though the cams are ****

preordered fold 4 after all discount im getting it for 400 to 500$ in india

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
still using fold 3, main screen got dead pixels after 10months, they asked me to pay 80$ as i had ADLD and got it replaced and the side finger print paint got scratched off on its own, but it was also changed while changing the screen

after 2 weeks the front display went completly blank and they repiared under warranty, in 20 days the warranty will be over and i dont want to hold this phone while the warranty is gone lol

yes, im upgrading to fold 4 even though its not perfect yet. since they are giving free ADLD im fine with all the problem.

i cant go back to normal phones anymore after using fold 3 cause of the massive display even though the cams are ****

preordered fold 4 after all discount im getting it for 400 to 500$ in india
Their weakness is the fold. The materials are barely up to the task. The analogy is Telsa trying to build a disk turbine without the advent of titanium. Steel worked but not well.

This heavily used N10+ will be 3 yo in October, it's display is still perfect showing no signs of degradation with no dead pixels. The Folds will never be capable of this unless the materials and assembly techniques improve dramatically. They pushed the materials too close to their limits. The result is more failures.

• Haha
Reactions: ggrant3876

94b20gsr

Sep 4, 2008
Alpharetta, GA
Their weakness is the fold. The materials are barely up to the task. The analogy is Telsa trying to build a disk turbine without the advent of titanium. Steel worked but not well.

This heavily used N10+ will be 3 yo in October, it's display is still perfect showing no signs of degradation with no dead pixels. The Folds will never be capable of this unless the materials and assembly techniques improve dramatically. They pushed the materials too close to their limits. The result is more failures.
Samsung sells an S22 you can upgrade to if you are intimidated by the Fold. I envision one of my two devices always being a foldable at this point. These Samsung devices are definitely ready for prime-time in their 4th revision.

• Haha
Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Samsung sells an S22 you can upgrade to if you are intimidated by the Fold. I envision one of my two devices always being a foldable at this point. These Samsung devices are definitely ready for prime-time in their 4th revision.
I run two stock N10+'s for good reasons. Samsung has been dropping balls for nearly 3 years straight otherwise I would have a new flagship. The last N10+ was purchased new about 9 months ago. It has a better display (color rendering) , slimmer, weighs 30 gm less with a better display/bezel ratio and in spite of its smaller battery gets better SOT than the S22U.

Samsung's same tired story; it's all been fixed.
Not. The plastics and adhesive systems are still barely up to the task. Might last a year or two in heavy use without repair. Samsung would love for you to buy a new phone every year.
Samsung's and Google Android's* ongoing lack luster performance convinced me otherwise.

*I run Android 9 and 10, these will not be upgraded. Android 9 was Android's zenith, the N10+ was Samsung's to date. In 11 and 12 cpu cycle sucking scoped storage is fully active. I don't want a limping iPhone wannabe... with no expandable storage.

Bigmille

May 23, 2008
London
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Getting the 256GB with 1 year free insurance for £1150 after trading in a very old Sony Xperia phone on Samsung EPP site. Coming from Z flip 3, which I can sell to bring the cost of the Fold 4 down further.
Now the early review shows the battery life is solid unlike my current Flip 3.
Only the crease down the middle I don't like.
Only decision is to spend money for the extra year of insurance or not, I normally don't buy insurance for the phone but want to use the Fold 4 for 2 years.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Forget this. The xiaomi mi mix fold "2" is the one! How slim is this phone!? Damn.

In comparison the fold 4 looks prehistoric. I want to like Samsung again, but they're boring lately
    I run two stock N10+'s for good reasons. Samsung has been dropping balls for nearly 3 years straight otherwise I would have a new flagship. The last N10+ was purchased new about 9 months ago. It has a better display (color rendering) , slimmer, weighs 30 gm less with a better display/bezel ratio and in spite of its smaller battery gets better SOT than the S22U.

Samsung's same tired story; it's all been fixed.
    Not. The plastics and adhesive systems are still barely up to the task. Might last a year or two in heavy use without repair. Samsung would love for you to buy a new phone every year.
    Samsung's and Google Android's* ongoing lack luster performance convinced me otherwise.

*I run Android 9 and 10, these will not be upgraded. Android 9 was Android's zenith, the N10+ was Samsung's to date. In 11 and 12 cpu cycle sucking scoped storage is fully active. I don't want a limping iPhone wannabe... with no expandable storage.
    Im coming from a z fold 3/ S22 ultra, wasnt planning on getting the 4 since the upgrades seemed very minor but i had some play time with it at Samsung and was surprised how much i liked it. Cameras are much improved especially the zoom (which was my big complaint on the 3 coming from the S21 ultra and 22 ultra).

Felt the decrease in weight and could actually notice the 3mm increase on the front screen. Figured im running out of storage on the 512gb fold 3 anyway so got the 1tb version.
    Against my better judgement, I bit even though the differences were minor and since the deals last year were better through Samsung. Hope I don't regret it.

I was really considering the Vivo Xfold instead but I could not pull the trigger on that one because of lack of Volte support here in the US on my carriers.
    Forget this. The xiaomi mi mix fold "2" is the one! How slim is this phone!? Damn.

In comparison the fold 4 looks prehistoric. I want to like Samsung again, but they're boring lately
    Yeap. Samsung's been a dull knife for almost 3 years straight now. A lot of dropped balls.

No SD card expandable storage makes this device a no sale right off the get go.
    If you have a 1tb one reloads will very time consuming if have a large database. Worse there's nothing to prevent data loss on the device if the OS crashes or if the phone gets mangled.
    Samsung knew better... screw em.