• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Who is satisfied with the Oneplus 5 ?

Are you satisfied with the Oneplus 5 ?

• I am

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • I am too

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

lopmig1

Sep 16, 2010
Overpriced and design is horrible. Bezels killed the phone. Got the op5. Performance on par. Do t care about camera. As far as looks and feels. Op5 hands down better. Pixel was $1000 plus for.me on launch. Op5 $500 and change and couldn't be happier.

I came from the XL too, i didnt sell it tho passed it to my girl. I loved the Pixel just didnt like the huge bezels.. from a performance standpoint i do not see a difference from the OP5 to the Pixel. Camera - Video is the only killer coming from the Pixel. Photos look the same to me.

vtec_screamer

Sep 14, 2009
Reactions: Vangelis13

ReyTheBoss

Jan 2, 2017
To understand if those issues are really affecting a lot of people, we must understand how many users don't have any issue as well. so your poll, to be effective, should include the option "None". As that option doesn't exist, I can't take part on it... ;)

Just have to point out here that i might be the biggest fan of that phone but i certainly don't think it's perfect
but you are right maybe u do find this this phone perfect , so even though you can't vote in the poll ... leave a comment to let everybody know that your phone is perfect and your experience is flawless , you will help many people ;)

vtec_screamer

Sep 14, 2009
Just have to point out here that i might be the biggest fan of that phone but i certainly don't think it's perfect
but you are right maybe u do find this this phone perfect , so even though you can't vote in the poll ... leave a comment to let everybody know that your phone is perfect and your experience is flawless , you will help many people ;)

Sorry if I lead you to this misunderstanding... I don't think the phone is perfect... It's far from it, actually. But you mentioned bugs and that's completely different than general quality.

It's like, for cars, to have a reliability survey and a satisfaction survey. They're totally different and there is only a small correlation between them.

So, to be clear, my OP5 is free from bugs, but it has a lot of things that could be better, just like every other device.

Reactions: ReyTheBoss

Vangelis13

Feb 11, 2011
300 meters from the Rhein
Having moved from the xl and using Oxygen for the first time, it is a very refreshing experience to use this phone. Snappy, well thought after implementation of the extras, all in all a great package.

True, there are a couple of hiccups with the camera but they will hopefully be ironed out by the - admittedly very busy! - software team of OnePlus.

ReyTheBoss

Jan 2, 2017
Sorry if I lead you to this misunderstanding... I don't think the phone is perfect... It's far from it, actually. But you mentioned bugs and that's completely different than general quality.

It's like, for cars, to have a reliability survey and a satisfaction survey. They're totally different and there is only a small correlation between them.

So, to be clear, my OP5 is free from bugs, but it has a lot of things that could be better, just like every other device.

i am sorry bro , but aren't you the one confused ? i made a poll only about bugs , because general quality is something you look for before buying the device , so technically people who will take part in the poll already know that the phone is of good quality and that's because they paid money for it !
but you were right about including a "none" option ... and i officially appologyzed in my poll ! so thank you :angel:

LeKeiser

Oct 23, 2016
Boulogne Billancourt
Years ago I got the O+ and I still have it. And I still love it. I would still use it if I weren't such a geek... Got an Axon 7 after a sweet deal on the net. Fell in love with the phone... And I still love it. Great phone, really. Great display, great sound, great CPU, great... great many things.
And then there was this sale last week, found out the day before, the O+5 would be available one week before the launch, at this shop in Paris, so be there early. I went, and I got mine :) I'm a such a geek...
And I fell again in love with the phone.
It's all that I wanted, minus the speakers of the A7 though. But the rest is so good, that... how can you not love this phone??
I love its design. I don't care if it looks like another phone in some way, I don't expect to shine in society with my O+5. Eventhough I think it looks good :)
I love its built. It feels solid, yet so light. I have Midnight one, and it's a jewel!
I love its speed. It's so fast! No lag no matter what I throw at it. And it doesn't burn my hand when it's under strain...
I love the DashCharge. Well, ok, I would have prefered if it used QC3, I have 3 QC3 chargers at home already... But well... DC is so fast!
I love its display. It's sharp, the colours are great, and when I compare my A7 with it, I don't see that many differences, if I see any. There must be some, the A7 has a QHD display, but we're talking about phones here, not TVs...
I love its RAM. It's FAST, it's huge, and it's FAST! It has 8GB, I have so many open apps and not a single lag...
I love its OS. I love OxygenOS, simple. No bloatware, so many things that I can configure... This phone is letting me use it the way I want to, not the other way around.
I don't give a s...t that it's not water resistant. I don't shower with my phones, I don't swim with my phones, I don't wash the dishes with my phones, I don't... Well, I care about my phones.

I'm not a OnePlus fanboy. I just love the O+ and the O+5 because those phones gave me and are giving me exactly what I want, what I need. And it didn't cost me a kidney.
I'm keeping it, and I don't think I'll sell it at all. I still have the O+ because I still love it. But I told you that already ;)

vtec_screamer

Sep 14, 2009
i am sorry bro , but aren't you the one confused ? i made a poll only about bugs , because general quality is something you look for before buying the device , so technically people who will take part in the poll already know that the phone is of good quality and that's because they paid money for it !
but you were right about including a "none" option ... and i officially appologyzed in my poll ! so thank you :angel:

No, I was talking about bugs until you mentioned that I should consider the phone perfect. So I don't know where that idea came from and that's why you were the confused one. But everything is fine and we already agree with each other, I think. So, peace and love, dude!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Years ago I got the O+ and I still have it. And I still love it. I would still use it if I weren't such a geek... Got an Axon 7 after a sweet deal on the net. Fell in love with the phone... And I still love it. Great phone, really. Great display, great sound, great CPU, great... great many things.
    And then there was this sale last week, found out the day before, the O+5 would be available one week before the launch, at this shop in Paris, so be there early. I went, and I got mine :) I'm a such a geek...
    And I fell again in love with the phone.
    It's all that I wanted, minus the speakers of the A7 though. But the rest is so good, that... how can you not love this phone??
    I love its design. I don't care if it looks like another phone in some way, I don't expect to shine in society with my O+5. Eventhough I think it looks good :)
    I love its built. It feels solid, yet so light. I have Midnight one, and it's a jewel!
    I love its speed. It's so fast! No lag no matter what I throw at it. And it doesn't burn my hand when it's under strain...
    I love the DashCharge. Well, ok, I would have prefered if it used QC3, I have 3 QC3 chargers at home already... But well... DC is so fast!
    I love its display. It's sharp, the colours are great, and when I compare my A7 with it, I don't see that many differences, if I see any. There must be some, the A7 has a QHD display, but we're talking about phones here, not TVs...
    I love its RAM. It's FAST, it's huge, and it's FAST! It has 8GB, I have so many open apps and not a single lag...
    I love its OS. I love OxygenOS, simple. No bloatware, so many things that I can configure... This phone is letting me use it the way I want to, not the other way around.
    I don't give a s...t that it's not water resistant. I don't shower with my phones, I don't swim with my phones, I don't wash the dishes with my phones, I don't... Well, I care about my phones.

I'm not a OnePlus fanboy. I just love the O+ and the O+5 because those phones gave me and are giving me exactly what I want, what I need. And it didn't cost me a kidney.
    I'm keeping it, and I don't think I'll sell it at all. I still have the O+ because I still love it. But I told you that already ;)
    in regard to the "Who is returning their OnePlus 5?" thread. lets try it the other way around :D

Who is keeping their Op5 and why ? :)
    in regard to the "Who is returning their OnePlus 5?" thread. lets try it the other way around :D

xD. You cracked me up dude. But I won't return it. And if a better phones comes I can just sell it with the same price. I've done that with the Oneplus 2 and Oneplus 3t.
    I'm in love with this phone. I have the 8Gb version and it's so damn snappy. I'm new to oxygen os, but love all the features available, even without root (although I'm rooted). My favorite thing about the phone is how easy it was to root and of course the awesome battery life. First phone ever that I've not had to charge every day.
    I currently have an XL and ordered the 5 just today. Is there anything you miss from the XL? Or are you fully happy moving to the 5?
    Im fully happy. Waiting for some better roms and I'm all set. I'm a flashaholic so the xl fell short for me in that aspect.