• I am

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • I am too

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Hastaloego

Sep 14, 2014
in regard to the "Who is returning their OnePlus 5?" thread. lets try it the other way around :D

Who is keeping their Op5 and why ? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: LeKeiser

Binary Assault

May 25, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9
I'm in love with this phone. I have the 8Gb version and it's so damn snappy. I'm new to oxygen os, but love all the features available, even without root (although I'm rooted). My favorite thing about the phone is how easy it was to root and of course the awesome battery life. First phone ever that I've not had to charge every day.

Reactions: mercurymod

sodomanaz

Oct 14, 2008
I'm quite satisfied. I keep trying to find the stuff that seems to drive a lot of you crazy but I can't replicate it with my own device. Came from a OnePlus 3 which I almost regretted handing down as I really came to like it.

If I can get the hang of this camera pro mode thing I think I'll be satisfied for the rest of the year.

Garoto1973

Dec 29, 2010
Heredia, Costa Rica
I'm still on the fence whether to stick with Pixel XL or OP5. Camera is a big deal for me. I have kids and take lots of pictures.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Then by all means stick with the Pixel XL. I have the OP3T and love its camera for shooting everything EXCEPT moving objetcs. Seems like the OP5 is no different. Uses shutter speed of 1/17 for most moving subjetcs.

Rhoban

Jan 8, 2015
Dobra
Is OnePlus 5 really as smooth as Pixel?

If you slap the same software on them (say LineageOS) as to eliminate any results manipulation due to software optimization, the OnePlus 5 should be faster and smoother due to the better specs.

All in all, I believe it's a great phone. But I don't have it yet, so I'm speaking just from research.

If you want the latest specs at a good price and great development support, the OnePlus 5 may be the best choice.
Don't care about OIS or EIS, nor about waterproofing (OnePlus did say it is somewhat water proof) since I'm not planning on bathing with the phone.

It all comes down what you're looking in a phone.

yubimusubi

Mar 25, 2011
Coming from a Nexus 6, it's definitely an upgrade. Overall very satisfied.

The only things I'm disappointed about are the lack of wireless charging and the speaker placement. I've been spoiled by the N6's dual front speakers. Now I have to use headphones while playing rhythm games because otherwise my hand keeps blocking the speaker.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Years ago I got the O+ and I still have it. And I still love it. I would still use it if I weren't such a geek... Got an Axon 7 after a sweet deal on the net. Fell in love with the phone... And I still love it. Great phone, really. Great display, great sound, great CPU, great... great many things.
    And then there was this sale last week, found out the day before, the O+5 would be available one week before the launch, at this shop in Paris, so be there early. I went, and I got mine :) I'm a such a geek...
    And I fell again in love with the phone.
    It's all that I wanted, minus the speakers of the A7 though. But the rest is so good, that... how can you not love this phone??
    I love its design. I don't care if it looks like another phone in some way, I don't expect to shine in society with my O+5. Eventhough I think it looks good :)
    I love its built. It feels solid, yet so light. I have Midnight one, and it's a jewel!
    I love its speed. It's so fast! No lag no matter what I throw at it. And it doesn't burn my hand when it's under strain...
    I love the DashCharge. Well, ok, I would have prefered if it used QC3, I have 3 QC3 chargers at home already... But well... DC is so fast!
    I love its display. It's sharp, the colours are great, and when I compare my A7 with it, I don't see that many differences, if I see any. There must be some, the A7 has a QHD display, but we're talking about phones here, not TVs...
    I love its RAM. It's FAST, it's huge, and it's FAST! It has 8GB, I have so many open apps and not a single lag...
    I love its OS. I love OxygenOS, simple. No bloatware, so many things that I can configure... This phone is letting me use it the way I want to, not the other way around.
    I don't give a s...t that it's not water resistant. I don't shower with my phones, I don't swim with my phones, I don't wash the dishes with my phones, I don't... Well, I care about my phones.

I'm not a OnePlus fanboy. I just love the O+ and the O+5 because those phones gave me and are giving me exactly what I want, what I need. And it didn't cost me a kidney.
    I'm keeping it, and I don't think I'll sell it at all. I still have the O+ because I still love it. But I told you that already ;)
    in regard to the "Who is returning their OnePlus 5?" thread. lets try it the other way around :D

Who is keeping their Op5 and why ? :)

xD. You cracked me up dude. But I won't return it. And if a better phones comes I can just sell it with the same price. I've done that with the Oneplus 2 and Oneplus 3t.
    I'm in love with this phone. I have the 8Gb version and it's so damn snappy. I'm new to oxygen os, but love all the features available, even without root (although I'm rooted). My favorite thing about the phone is how easy it was to root and of course the awesome battery life. First phone ever that I've not had to charge every day.
    I currently have an XL and ordered the 5 just today. Is there anything you miss from the XL? Or are you fully happy moving to the 5?
    Im fully happy. Waiting for some better roms and I'm all set. I'm a flashaholic so the xl fell short for me in that aspect.