Who needs iPad "Netflix" app when we have....

Search This thread

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
...the "Movies" app by Flixster. Best way to fix your Netflix queue.

movies-by-flixster.jpg

It's fast, easy and FREEEE!!!!

This thing is great for Netflix and does much more!

I made a quick video about it here

hexix

Mar 15, 2010
Cool but I don't think anyone was excited about queue management in the iPad app. People just want to stream movies on their device.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

clickwir

May 5, 2010
Longmont
My biggest fear for streaming is that it doesn't buffer enough. Being on 3G, we are on a connection that's just barely fast enough to stream basic video. If I pause it for 10 mins, it better be buffering that whole time.

Zenoran

Feb 4, 2008
Ohio
uhh.. I'm confused... who needs ipad netflix app when u can manage your queue from flixter???

You do realize the netflix app on the ipad actually streams the movie right? :)

D

diversificationied

uhh.. I'm confused... who needs ipad netflix app when u can manage your queue from flixter???

You do realize the netflix app on the ipad actually streams the movie right? :)

Judging from the enthusiasm, I'm gonna guess the OP doesn't.

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
I didn't know it streamed movies... I guess its cool over wifi but with the new data changes and people that didn't lock into the unlimited plan...netflix is pretty much useless.

codesplice

Jun 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL, USA
I didn't know it streamed movies... I guess its cool over wifi but with the new data changes and people that didn't lock into the unlimited plan...netflix is pretty much useless.

You know, except for when you're streaming movies over wifi or on your unlimited dataplan (which everyone who had an AT&T unlimited data plan a week ago still has), yeah - netflix would be entirely useless. But at least you could adjust your queue!

:-/

<-- wants streaming.

ikarma

Mar 16, 2005
yeah i like this too, all we need now is the official netflix instant stream app then i can do something while on the toilet, or on a bus, hell the options are limitless.

Speaking of netflix on the toilet.... Who else has seen the new Samsung Android phone with the pico projector? I could totally see myself killing an hour on the toilet at work projecting the image on to the stall door. Yay for timers on the bathroom lights!

Zenoran

Feb 4, 2008
Ohio

ehhh... I agree watching a movie over 3G is pretty pointless... and those new data plans are a joke for streaming media like that... it just makes me happy I didn't pay extra for the 3G version of the iPad, especially when I am hardly ever away from wifi. Even in that kind of a situation I'll remain content with my wifi hotspot Nexus to feed the iPad if it needs it. :)

but having netflix laying in bed or while visiting my parents who don't have cable is pretty cool. :)

nxt

Jun 5, 2006
Southern California
Ahahahah I just saw this thread, I never use/say this, but this thread is an EPIC FAIL.
Movies was first on iPhone. It's now on Android
Netflix app on iPad streams movies. (So what if it's wifi only, 3G is coming soon, again so what about data restrictions, at least they'll have it).
Netflix app coming on iPhone soon, also wifi and 3G streaming soon.

Now, on Android, to stream Netflix......... still waiting for even a rumor....