• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Who will buy a OP9pro and why?

Search This thread

cyberbbc

Apr 25, 2010
ust.devmk.ru
No, I will not. This is more of a minor update. The next version can be watched. It is worth buying for someone who is completely on the old version or a lot of extra money. Op8pro is a pretty solid device to change to version 9.

arsenal74

Nov 23, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I am a little disappointed. That FPS position looks annoying was also hoping for a 512gb option.

The price is close enough to the S21U now to make it a non-issue and it is hard to argue against the Samsung. More secure (and now fast) FPS, more versatile cameras amongst other things.

Non-blurry photos with anything that moves could well be it's saving grace though if the camera proves to be good.

Last edited:

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
OnePlus 9 Pro
I doubt I will, I'm considering going to Xiaomi since they seem to be taking over from OnePlus on the price to quality front.

Mi11 looks comparable :

Mi 11​

8GB+128GB, Black
£749.00

Mi 11​

8GB+256GB, Grey
£799.00

(From £53 a month with £29 upfront)

Full Specs:

Battery​

• Non-removable
  • Super Fast battery charging

Body​

• Front/back glass, aluminium frame
  • Dual SIM (Nano-SIM)

Camera details​

• 108MP (f/1.85) + 13MP (f/2.4) +5MP (f/2.4)
  • 20MP (f/2.2)
  • Autofocus
  • Face detection
  • HDR
  • LED flash
  • OIS (Optical Image Stabilization)
  • Optical zoom (2x)
  • Panorama
  • Phase detection
  • Portrait mode
  • Touch focus

Capacity​

• 256GB

Colour​

• Midnight Gray

Connectivity​

• 2G / 3G / 4G / 5G
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
  • Bluetooth 5.2
  • GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and QZSS
  • NFC
  • USB Type-C

Display details​

• AMOLED DotDisplay
  • 3200 x 1440
  • Adaptive Sync Display
  • Corning Gorilla Glass
  • Color gamut 100%
  • HDR10+
  • Reading Mode

Features​

• Accelerometer
  • Ambient light sensor
  • AI Face Unlock
  • Electronic compass
  • Fingerprint sensor
  • Gyroscope
  • IR blaster
  • Linear Motor
  • Proximity sensor
  • Supports AAC/LDAC/LHDC
  • Xvid/MP4/H.265 player

Memory​

• 256GB
  • 8GB RAM

Platform​

• Android 11, (MIUI 12)
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 888
  • Octa-core (1 x 2.84GHz & 3 x 2.42GHz & 4 x 1.80GHz)
  • Adreno 660

Video​

• 8K video recording at 24fps or 30fps
  • 2160p (4K) video recording at 30fps or 60fps
  • 1080p (FHD) video recording at 30fps or 60fps
  • 720p (HD) video recording at 30fps
  • Slow motion video support for 240p at 720fps or 1080fps
  • Slow motion video support for 120p at 720fps or 1080fps
  • AI Portrait video
  • Dual video
  • Movie frame
  • Time lapse up to 4K at 30fps
  • Video Clones

Box Contains​

• UK Travel Adapter (3 Pin)
  • USB C Data / Charging Cable
  • Ejection Pin
  • Quick Start Guide
  • Warranty Guide
  • Soft Case
  • Type-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Adapter

"Xiaomi promised an adaptive dynamic refresh rate similar to Samsung's with 30Hz, 60Hz, 90Hz, and 120Hz levels"
"Xiaomi is advertising a maximum brightness of 900 nits (typical) or 1500nits (peak) when watching HDR content"
"The Mi 11 battery supports 55W wired and 50W wireless charging. The battery is split into two cells internally, which allows for such high-speed charging"

So pretty much comparable to the OP9P

Their watch is cheaper too with all the same features.

Last edited:

hallo dare

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
I doubt I will, I'm considering going to Xiaomi since they seem to be taking over from OnePlus on the price to quality front.

Mi11 looks comparable :

Mi 11​

8GB+128GB, Black
£749.00

Mi 11​

8GB+256GB, Grey
£799.00

(From £53 a month with £29 upfront)

Full Specs:

"Xiaomi promised an adaptive dynamic refresh rate similar to Samsung's with 30Hz, 60Hz, 90Hz, and 120Hz levels"
"Xiaomi is advertising a maximum brightness of 900 nits (typical) or 1500nits (peak) when watching HDR content"
"The Mi 11 battery supports 55W wired and 50W wireless charging. The battery is split into two cells internally, which allows for such high-speed charging"

So pretty much comparable to the OP9P

Their watch is cheaper too with all the same features.
Thinking the same myself, but judging on the xiaomi mi 11 forum, the battery life is very poor

Sheppie

Jan 15, 2009
Behind a screen
Still not convinced that the photo/video quality will be improved in the coming updates. For the newest Sony sensor to be this badly overcorrected by the software is a shame when compared to the S21 ultra.
Maybe a Gcam mod will help but that's speculation at this point.

arsenal74

Nov 23, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Still not convinced that the photo/video quality will be improved in the coming updates. For the newest Sony sensor to be this badly overcorrected by the software is a shame when compared to the S21 ultra.
Maybe a Gcam mod will help but that's speculation at this point.

It is probably applies to most manufacturers but one thing I have decided with OnePlus is you cannot rely on stuff getting fixed moving forward so buy based on how it is now.

Right now vs. the S21 Ultra I'd only have 2 reasons to pick the OP which would be 1 - I prefer Oxygen to One UI (even if that gap is narrowing) and 2 - It has APTX-HD bluetooth.

Maybe it will be less prone to blurred/smudged photos of pets and kids (i.e anything that moves even slightly) but that is an unknown right now

Last edited:
Reactions: Batfink33

buschris

Jan 20, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
My thoughts after the launch event -

9 Pro is bigger than the 7 Pro (I was hoping it would be smaller).
9 Pro still has curved display, which I've come to hate on my 7 Pro.
9 has a flat display and is smaller, but does not have wireless charging.

I'm somewhat disappointed in these updates, which is leaning me more and more to the Samsung S21.
curve is not as steep as the OP7Pro

Reactions: chetly968

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I've pre-ordered mine. I'm currently using a OP7Pro and I've been waiting for 9Pro to upgrade. I considered regular OP9 but chose Pro mainly due to wireless warp charging, slightly larger display, and I think I'll like the curved screen since the curve is on as steep as the 7Pro. I read a review that says the new LTPO adaptive display is pretty impressive, so I'm looking forward to that.

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
Xiaomi lies about fast charging. You will never get the fast times ike the advertisement.
And some overheating, poor battery. Of course if you want Xioami i guess you will get Ultra or atleast Pro.
Op9 pro already have an software update.
Hasselblad work with Oneplus just started. Will be better.

Batfink33

Apr 8, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
It is probably applies to most manufacturers but one thing I have decided with OnePlus is you cannot reply on stuff getting fixed moving forward so buy based on how it is now.

Right now vs. the S21 Ultra I'd only have 2 reasons to pick the OP which would be 1 - I prefer Oxygen to One UI (even if that gap is narrowing) and 2 - It has APTX-HD bluetooth.

Maybe it will be less prone to blurred/smudged photos of pets and kids (i.e anything that moves even slightly) but that is an unknown right now
OneUI is probably the best Android OEM skin around today, it's improved immensely over older versions and is much more polished than OOS. That combined with OnePluses poor software updates now(the 8Pro is getting security patches 1-2months late now, Samsung updates a few days after patch release) means the 21U IMO is a much better option this year.

Fre$h

Oct 22, 2013
HTC U11
OnePlus 9 Pro
I choose the O9Pro 12/256 Black colored. I'm coming from an HTC U11 6/128 that have now many issues, starting from a SIM issue that many users reported. As HTC is now dead, I choose O+ for the community there on XDA that let me mod it if necessary ^^

Reactions: galaxys

racesupport

Jun 26, 2010
Im moving from S21U because of poor signal strange in my town (some places important to me, like work where I spend half day), now I have Mi 11 but software of this **** for me - unacceptable, waiting for OP9PRO

Reactions: galaxys

techlogik

Aug 23, 2006
After OnePlus 7 Pro, I jumped ship for an iPhone XS Max..might pickup a 12 pro Max and eventually you will get a Jailbreak like they had for 14.3 IOS. Can't justify $1049 USD for a OnePlus that doesn't compare with the camera of an iPhone and other features.

I've been a Android user for 12yrs now and never owned an iPhone until 6 months ago. The entire Android market has become a dumpster fire, and OnePlus is blowing it with their prices.

Just my two cents...good luck with all that!!!

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
OneUI is probably the best Android OEM skin around today, it's improved immensely over older versions and is much more polished than OOS. That combined with OnePluses poor software updates now(the 8Pro is getting security patches 1-2months late now, Samsung updates a few days after patch release) means the 21U IMO is a much better option this year.
I get updates on my OnePlus 8 pro much much much faster than my z gold 2 or note 20 Ultra. It's crazy how long I have to wait. Even when the update is available it just won't come to my phone for weeks or months. With the oneplus it seems way more regular

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will wait for the successor of the 9, because I hope they will again fall back to a flat screen like the 8T, I personally hate the curved screens, because it is totally difficult to find a screen protector for it and real advantages it also has not. Where I have even considered in the meantime to sell my 8T and switch to the Pixel 5, but wait....
    Will buy and have bought the 9 pro stellar black.

Why? My OnePlus 5T is showing its age. Camera not great, lacking updates (until this one final time android 10.0 update after a looooong time), needs multiple reboot to fix bluetooth/microphone issues. So what's in the market for a high spec phone (good camera, snapdragon 888, QHD screen, 90+hz display, clean OS, other perks) that could last me 2,5-3,5 years?

iPhone hasn't changed and I don't want to be in that ecosystem,
    Samsung is expensive with software that I don't like, and running the Exynos chip
    Oppo could be a choice but the Pro is more expensive,
    Xiaomi doesn't really attract me (for some reason brand seems too Chinese focused, and that ultra beautification filter on photos is horrible),
    Google Pixel is low spec and the newer ones are not out yet

So yeah, It's a brand I know, OxygenOS that is great, better camera, high end screen, etc etc. It ticks all the boxes for me.
    Sure, some things could be better, but it's the only choice in the end.
    Really stoked to finally get it in my hands.
    Some newer hardware . Faster charger & i hope a faster wireless too.
    I hope 5G works for any network/country in the world.
    Better camera. On this we need proof.
    Too bad that we do not have a square screen, flat, no curved edges . Those round corners on a phone are Horrible.
    I jumped ship from OnePlus after having 3T, 5, 6T, 7Pro and 8Pro and went to Samsung Note 20 Ultra (rooted) and now S21 Ultra. But I'm missing the ease of root and the easily unlockable bootloader. Don't get me wrong for the S21 Ultra is a great device but without root and all the bootloader shenanigans that Samsung is constantly bringing to the table I'm going back to OnePlus with the 9 Pro. Already got a case for it (LOL). Camera is important but not a deal breaker unless it's totally trash which I don't expect this one to be. I obviously enjoyed previous OnePlus devices and expect this to be no different.
    My thoughts after the launch event -

9 Pro is bigger than the 7 Pro (I was hoping it would be smaller).
    9 Pro still has curved display, which I've come to hate on my 7 Pro.
    9 has a flat display and is smaller, but does not have wireless charging.

I'm somewhat disappointed in these updates, which is leaning me more and more to the Samsung S21.