Who would like to see a nexus 6 color OS port?

Search This thread

Slipknot8Wwe

Sep 28, 2015
Moto G Power (2021)
Like the title says. Who would like to see a nexus 6 color OS port? I will begin porting the ROM to the nexus 6 if I get enough people that would be interested in doing it. I'd like to start a new project but only want to start one if it would get some use thanks. Just sent a thanks or a comment if you would like to see this happen.

Slipknot8Wwe

Sep 28, 2015
Moto G Power (2021)
You don't even need to ask, is a nexus device. There's always gonna be crack flashers such as myself ready to try the newest thing out there

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Word. Reason I asked is cause I just want to make sure that this would be a hit because me personally I love color OS but being my first ROM I'd like to make sure I have a decent community on it or maybe try something different like an aosp based ROM. I've made ROMs before but have never released them only used them on my own personal device or my wife's.

bigstunta101

Mar 13, 2009
Word. Reason I asked is cause I just want to make sure that this would be a hit because me personally I love color OS but being my first ROM I'd like to make sure I have a decent community on it or maybe try something different like an aosp based ROM. I've made ROMs before but have never released them only used them on my own personal device or my wife's.

That's not the nexus way bro. Release the ROM, put a disclaimer that this is your personal ROM to share and people will use it.
This being the new age xda, you'll have a ton of idiots that mess up and blame you, expect too much out of you, download your ROM without so much a thanks or review, complain when they don't follow instructions. I think that's about it. :) but that aside I would love to try out your ROMs.

Reactions: fares70 and ichardy

Tek-Toyz

Mar 16, 2015
I would!! Im tired of the ssme old look of stock android! Count me in.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Slipknot8Wwe

Sep 28, 2015
Moto G Power (2021)
That's not the nexus way bro. Release the ROM, put a disclaimer that this is your personal ROM to share and people will use it.
This being the new age xda, you'll have a ton of idiots that mess up and blame you, expect too much out of you, download your ROM without so much a thanks or review, complain when they don't follow instructions. I think that's about it. :) but that aside I would love to try out your ROMs.

I'm by far not new on here just a new profile sense the other one got all bloated and then I had been a way for a while and no longer use the other email. As for being the nexus way I believe it would go towards any phone or ROM. I just wanted to make this to see who shared my interest in a specific ROM. But ya man I'm gonna leave this here for a few days and make sure this is the way I am gonna go and see who all is down thanks.

zack0386

Oct 22, 2014
I just Google searched this, coming from opo to nexus 6 4ish months ago it would be perfect. With color os everything is proportioned to the bottom of the screen not like miui which looks the same but functions way off. Bought all my nexus's for aosp only other thing I'll settle for is color os. Was a cyanogenmod fanboy but they've obviously left things broken on the n6 just to point a finger at Google. Very disgusted with cm 12.1 for n6 out of the 30+ devices I've owned n6 bugs are left intentionally. Gonna try miui 6. But if you get this project going with momentum I'll donate generously. Thank you, color os is a ***** to code so good luck. Any work would be appreciated

---------- Post added at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

100$ bounty starts herr

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Would it not make more sense trying to recreate the OS style in AOSP rather than port a closed-source ROM that can't be easily modified?

Just playing devil's advocate.

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Can you say when the ROM will realease ???

1. I guess you're not familiar with porting. It is a lot of work. No one could ever say how much work to get it 100% functional. It's just not possible to put a time on it.

2. It is against XDA rules to ask for ETA's

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Like the title says. Who would like to see a nexus 6 color OS port? I will begin porting the ROM to the nexus 6 if I get enough people that would be interested in doing it. I'd like to start a new project but only want to start one if it would get some use thanks. Just sent a thanks or a comment if you would like to see this happen.
    You don't even need to ask, is a nexus device. There's always gonna be crack flashers such as myself ready to try the newest thing out there

Count me in boss.
    I'm game. But what is "Color OS"?