Whom to blame, Google or Asus?

Search This thread

lpachuong

Jul 30, 2009
Nexus 7 2013 has been out for almost a month and we keep seeing more hardware and software issues appearing. Is Google letting us down or Asus mass production issue? Your thought?

Matrix_19

Sep 5, 2011
Quebec City
More issues appearing? What are you talking about? Most of the software issues are patched now... And the hardware issues were with the first batch...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

dillinjer

Jul 11, 2012
Ottawa
This device rocks, software is not an issue if you're patient. Hardware seems like luck of the draw, with most being lucky. I think all the "issues" people are having shout the loudest 'cause people in general only want to hear the bad news.
I rooted my device in Linux with no issues, have changed roms multiple times and settled on PA, faux123's ES003 and love it. Great battery life, great speed, great sound, great screen, zero issues with multi-touch, no creaking or rattling (I refuse to shake or thump or twist my device), and I can get a GPS fix in my basement. Oh, and Bluetooth works, haven' t seen any light bleed, my charger doesn't hum or buzz, and the back is free of the blighted "oil slick". I am aware of all these issues because they are at the forefront of the forums continually, but I have yet to observe any of them first hand.

So, to get back to the OP's question: I think Google and Asus have both done well to create the best device I've ever owned. I blame both of them for building an inexpensive and powerful tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

Richieboy67

Dec 10, 2011
CT
www.talkdevelopment.net
I have not experienced any issues so far but I was expecting a few seeing as we early adopters for the new Android versions. I think that is a good thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

timrock

Dec 10, 2010
Blame the consumer for finding issues but still keeps the device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: Muikkuman

chiikko561

May 27, 2010
WEST PALM BEACH
Mine is great after update... With greatness always comes a few small wrinkles but when ironed out it's like it was never there

Sent 4rm my Paranoid Nexus 4.3 LTE...

sus4ntoh

Aug 13, 2012
Some of us go to a great length trying to find what is wrong with their device. If you ask for it you will get it lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
I don't know of many hardware issues. I think most were to blame on a faulty patch that Google pulled and replaced.

Most people replaced swapped out their tablets because of these but overall I think it was a successful launch. Not many hardware problems at all. Of course you'll get a few duds from every batch. Nothing alarming though.

nooganator

Jul 19, 2008
Halifax
Nexus devices have always been "Dev" devices so the occasional hiccup is expected. Google, nor Asus is at fault. The important thing is that known issues have already been rectified. Nexus devices have always been Dev devices in the past. I think people are only posting bad news. I've had 2 new nexus 7s (exchanged 16gb for 32gb) and 0 Build quality issues.

Reactions: Omar04

muyoso

Oct 23, 2007
I think a lot of the complaining is coming from people just looking for problems. Its no surprise that if they are looking for them that they find something to complain about. Many of the "issues" I have seen discussed on here are either complete user error or someone being ridiculously anal. Seriously anyone returning a Nexus 7 because it makes a alight noise if you tap it near the camera, or you can hear the speakers buzz when you hold it within a mm of your ear, or because if you press down hard on the case near the Asus logo it creaks, should be banned from buying retail electronics. These kinds of people just drive costs up for the rest of us.

blackhand1001

Sep 3, 2011
I personally have had very few issues. I am very happy with this tablet. Even more than my first generation model which I also loved.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

chrismast

Dec 7, 2007
Bangkok
www.christianreiners.com
If you want to see some real, legitimate issues...
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/mobile/mG4JXaT-SHs/doD54oeEJrUJ

Well over 100 so far...

I guess you have to put this into relation to total sales and if you look at the percentage that will come up, I guess every manufacturer will have a similar one. 100 sounds alot but in relation to (just as example) 100.000 sold devices it is just 0.1%...sure you can always find something wrong with anything ;). I am very happy with my Nexus 7

danvee

Jan 3, 2009
Soggy New Jersey
Not when you note that a number of them have returned 2 or more units.
Also, it's not like they're being 'picky' about it. Random reboots, dead areas of the screen, non-working GPS are hardly minor issues that are easily overlooked.
Add to that the number of people who might have just returned the device, bought a different brand (or nothing) and didn't bother to search out or post to that site about the experience.

Reactions: berardi

rmm200

Apr 15, 2011
Bend
I bought a16gb nexus when they first came out. A year later I bought a 32gb one for my wife. When the nexus (2013) came out, I replaced mine with a new 32gb one. I passed my original down to my son. All perfect, and a delight to use. Hooked on qi charging with the new one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Storm in a teacup, all hardware and software will have glitches, the complainers are usually just the loudest ones in any forum

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    This device rocks, software is not an issue if you're patient. Hardware seems like luck of the draw, with most being lucky. I think all the "issues" people are having shout the loudest 'cause people in general only want to hear the bad news.
    I rooted my device in Linux with no issues, have changed roms multiple times and settled on PA, faux123's ES003 and love it. Great battery life, great speed, great sound, great screen, zero issues with multi-touch, no creaking or rattling (I refuse to shake or thump or twist my device), and I can get a GPS fix in my basement. Oh, and Bluetooth works, haven' t seen any light bleed, my charger doesn't hum or buzz, and the back is free of the blighted "oil slick". I am aware of all these issues because they are at the forefront of the forums continually, but I have yet to observe any of them first hand.

So, to get back to the OP's question: I think Google and Asus have both done well to create the best device I've ever owned. I blame both of them for building an inexpensive and powerful tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
    More issues appearing? What are you talking about? Most of the software issues are patched now... And the hardware issues were with the first batch...

Dude you're getting a $240 device with huge specs and you're complaining :p
    Blame the consumer for finding issues but still keeps the device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4