Question Who's Going From OnePlus to Pixel 6?

Search This thread

Joelbrentbell

Oct 24, 2015
If you already have the OnePlus 9 pro I would keep it.. I have had my Pixel 6 pro for about 2 weeks now and on day one I had an issue where the phone would say it was 60% charged but I would check the battery voltage and it would say 4.4 volts which is fully charged technically. And the phone would never go above 60% no matter how long I had it on the charger, The phone would tell me it would be fully charged in 15 days! Finally, after about 4 days the phone settled down and I was able to fully charge it to 100%. So now it works fine on that aspect but still crazy for a brand new device.

Issue number two. I have had this annoying bug since a few days having the phone where the screen just drops down to 60 Hz and even when I have it forced to120 Hz The only way to solve this is to reboot the phone so I have to reboot the phone about five times a day to stay 120 Hz. I have tried factory resetting and everything. I don't understand what the issue is but Google needs to fix that. Because 60 Hz is pretty much unusable in my opinion after being exposed to 120 Hz for years.

Issue number 3. The modem in this phone is a 3-year-old exynos modem which unfortunately causes the phone to get pretty hot during 5G usage and suck down the battery and this can't be fixed with software because it's a hardware issue. I don't know why Google would put such an old outdated modem in their flagship phone.

Issue number 4. The fingerprint scanner is an absolute disaster it is worse then the first fingerprint scanner on the OnePlus 6T. Unfortunately Google has also removed face unlock so you're either stuck with the crappy fingerprint scanner or type in a code. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but when your unlocking your phone 50 times a day. It really starts wearing on you.

I will probably returning my pixel to Google because these issues are just a deal breaker for me. And one more thing that charging is ridiculously slow on this phone and the wireless charge is pretty much unusably slow. Such a shame. I was really excited for the new pixel.

spizzlo

May 23, 2012
Metro Detroit
LG G8
OnePlus 8
Order the pixel 6 pro. Wasn't expected to arrive until late nov/early December, which was fine. But the more I considered the incredibly slow charging of the pixel 6 pro by today's standard was a big reason I cancelled the order. I mean serious...our 50w wireless charging in a good deal faster than their 30w plugged in charging. It would feel like such a downgrade in that respect. And while Google's new CPU is supposed to be quite good, it is not as fast as the snapdragon 888. All and all, if I was on an older phone I'd probably do it. But I see no upgrade from a Oneplus 9 pro.
I actually think the tensor chip is one of the big reasons to go with pixel 6. For me it's everything else. It's not just the "30w" charging (actually 22w tested), but the fingerprint sensor (updated I know, but not necessarily fixed), ghost dialing contacts, poor signal reception/older modem, display flickering, the list goes on. I was so hyped for this phone but I don't think I can do it.

Problem is I'm reading about all these issues with OP9P. I've waited all these years for a OP phone and it's like I'm too late. I'm curious, can I fix most of the OP9 problems through ROMs/kernels? If so then I will totally get this phone. Otherwise I might just have to pony up for a S21 Ultra.

kevinireland11

Apr 10, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
I'm definitly having a much much better experience with the p6 pro than OnePlus, pixels are just so stock and smooth, I know OnePlus devices are fast and smooth but I like it on pixels better, just a solid device and everything is super intergrated, all the apps seem to know what exectly to do, weird I know, but you can't go more stock than a pixel device

kevinireland11

Apr 10, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
I actually think the tensor chip is one of the big reasons to go with pixel 6. For me it's everything else. It's not just the "30w" charging (actually 22w tested), but the fingerprint sensor (updated I know, but not necessarily fixed), ghost dialing contacts, poor signal reception/older modem, display flickering, the list goes on. I was so hyped for this phone but I don't think I can do it.

Problem is I'm reading about all these issues with OP9P. I've waited all these years for a OP phone and it's like I'm too late. I'm curious, can I fix most of the OP9 problems through ROMs/kernels? If so then I will totally get this phone. Otherwise I might just have to pony up for a S21 Ultra.
I haven't got any of them issues you just mentioned with the p6 pro besides the FPS which is now completely fixed, this pixel 6 pro blows the op6 pro away imo

spizzlo

May 23, 2012
Metro Detroit
LG G8
OnePlus 8
I haven't got any of them issues you just mentioned with the p6 pro besides the FPS which is now completely fixed, this pixel 6 pro blows the op6 pro away imo
Well the 22w charging isn't an issue per se, it's just what it is. That's about what my G8 does and that's brutal imo for a 2021 flagship. The other big one for me is the old modem. I guess this will depend on where you live. It sounds like it's pretty bad for some people. I guess the only thing to do is just get one and see how it goes and return it if it's too bad. The other stuff I'm confident will get fixed with updates.

tazoman

Oct 12, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro
I thought about getting Pixel 6 Pro, but where i live it is about 1300 USD, as Pixel 6 Pro is not officially available in my location. OnePlus 9 Pro on the other hand costs 730 USD for 12/256 GB Variant. I got no choice, hence getting the 9 Pro, imma just flash a custom ROM if Oxygen OS seems distasteful.

forever_lol

Mar 18, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
I've just got OP 9 Pro (again, i returned my previous units within 2 weeks open-buy period before) on amazon, black week deal (approx 670 € which i consider fair price for this model). For me personally google is necessary evil. Since i don't like ios i have to deal with gplay services but paying extra for their device? No thanks. (Not to mention that pixels in my coutry are extremely overpriced). I am going to degoogle my handset as much as possible.

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I mean, of course a 2021 flagship would beat a 3+ year old phone? And I wish people would stop saying Pixels are "stock". Nothing stock about Pixels, they essential have their own Google crap added. Want actual Stock? Go AOSP.

All software issues can be fixed by software. The SD888 overheating and throttling is a problem across the entire SD888 lineup (and all X1 based cores). I would still personally recommend a OP8T over any of the 2021 flagships.

jenifferpog

Nov 22, 2021
Both of these phones fall on the cheaper side of Android flagships, but the Pixel 6 Pro is still the better deal. It starts at $899/£849 for the 128GB version, and goes up to $999/£949 for 256GB storage and $1,099 for 512GB storage. Note however the version you buy from certain U.S. carriers may cost a little more, likely due to the expense of added mmWave 5G support homeofapk

Reactions: galaxys

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
No ! OnePlus 9 pro was 700S & 800$... Black Fridei or something..
I was amazed !!! I never seen Oneplus to reduce the price of its phones even when they are considered old.
Ex.: OP 9 Pro was out, OP8 pro was still 900 $ or what was when it was launched...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OOS is dead!!! With lack of device & software support, ingenuity, and a realistic plan... 1+ users already jumping ship to Pixel 6 Series...
    Remember "Never Settle"?? 🤦‍♂️ 😔 🤦‍♂️
    Good, one less moron who doesn't have a clue on what he is talking about as usual.
    Was there really a need to start another thread on this?

What was the point of this post?
    He forgot he's no longer on r/oneplus.

On topic: I had the OP9 Pro, sold it due to throttle. I got the Pixel 6 Pro, selling it now due to throttle.

Cortex X1 is a hot core, I am disappointed in all 2021 phones. When throttled, the SD888/Tensor both performs decidedly worse than the SD865. Guess it's the 8T for me until next year, maybe ARM will figure out the X2 or QCom will go with not-samsung as their manufacturing partner
    Yeah I have had the 9 pro before and got the pixel 6 pro from ATT on wed. and the 6 pro has horrible fingerprint sensor, updated and reset it 2 times, and trained my thumbprint as 3 different prints and it still horribly sucks, and the screen sounds cheap, so I ordered the OP9P 256gb pine green from bestbuy on sale for 799.00, so unfortunately ATT is bunch of C***suckers and I will be charged 55.00 restock fee for **** pixel 6 pro. lesson learn I`ll never buy another phone from ATT.
    People are still complaining about the FPR? This has been disproven. It actually doesn't suck at all.

Yes, it really does have enhanced security algorithms.

Any issues with the FPR can be fixed within seconds:

1) Increase touch sensitivity in six pro settings.

2) Delete your existing fingerprint data and re-add them. I recommend 4 prints for each finger you want to use. ( I even did this for my 9 Pro and all devices I've owned ,as it speeds up the unlock time considerably).

2) When you add prints keep your finger centered on the center. And press reasonably firmly. Do this for multiple angles of your finger. But centering your finger to it in an angle that you would probably use in the natural world is the best option.

3) Completely turn off device animations. This is probably the most IMPORTANT step. Animations do nothing but hide the true speed of the device. (Animations were originally implemented in a much lower version of Android to hide stuttering and jank. Modern devices -- especially the 6 Pro, don't have this problem anymore - and they haven't for the past couple years. You will be surprised how much faster the device is after removing them. Clean, light, snappy, and fast. Believe it or not, you'll even get slightly battery by turning them off. It's not huge difference by any means, but it's there.

4) Profit. . You now have a blazing fast enhanced security algorithm fingerprint reader. Congrats.

I have waited on the Pixel 6 Pro for WAY too long so I cancelled my order and got myself a OnePlus 9 Pro from Amazon during that sale. It will be here on Saturday.
    They're in stock at Best buy right now. I ordered two yesterday. I just ordered 2 more.

If anyone's on the fence about getting the six Pro, you have nothing to worry about. It's amazing. Sitting right next to my 9 Pro and it's better.

The smart features alone - make it a better buy than the 9 pro. Live caption, live translate, hold my call, company hold time monitor, and insanely accurate voice typing, ( not to mention the best camera in the game and it'll only get better) - are wonderful. It really is a game changer. Let's not forget, you're also getting a constant and healthy update schedule, just like a Tesla - meaning the 6 Pro will get better and better, than it is, even now.
    I would like to have it, not as a replacement of OP9P, but as a second device. Unfortunately, it isn't available in India.