• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Who's Going To Upgraded?

Search This thread

AsAnine63

Feb 17, 2016
That display looks horrible... bad artist or bad Samsung?

Meh just bought a second new N10+ running Q.
It's color rendering exceeds some of the newer displays and is a proven workhorse that's fun to use.
Android R and above are rotten Apples🤢
Samsung's track record since the 10+ has been subpar. I'll likely wait 2 or more years before switching platforms.
I don't have the patience for Android's and Samsung's bs. Too late, too slow and the wrong moves, you lose.

Meanwhile I'm quit happy with my little 10+ family. Lol, I'm still exploring them. My oldest 10+ is 2 years old, has had 1 replacement battery, looks and runs like it's new. It's OS load is almost 1.5 years old, still running fast and stable with minimal maintenance.

I don't use the spen a lot but it nests away painlessly when not in use. The bt remote shutter release and Smart Select are excellent when you need them.
So yeah, I like the spen.

There are still a few new unlocked Note 10+'s 256gb/12gb ram Snapdragon/Q variants out there. Grab one up if you want one... they be sweet.
Love my Notes! 5,8 and 10+. It's hard getting rid of the Note 5. It's just fits so right into my hands! Of course they're all rooted... except for the Note 10+. Eh! What can I say!!!

Reactions: blackhawk

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
IMHO Samsung like Apple has gone way overboard with the "Who's Got The Best Cameras Competition". They're going all in on the effort to get a step ahead of the competition and admittedly cameras sway prospective buyers to a degree but I'd be surprised if they make a significant mark in overall sales distribution. I won't consider switching to an iPhone because it takes better low light photos or the video stabilization is improved. What they have done is destroy the looks and symmetry of their phones. Call me old fashioned but when I want some good snaps I don't reach for my smartphone, I grab a camera. The camera and lens configurations look hideous and out of place on an otherwise attractive device and it's only getting worse with each new interation. They're turning phones into cameras, it's gotten out of hand.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
IMHO Samsung like Apple has gone way overboard with the "Who's Got The Best Cameras Competition". They're going all in on the effort to get a step ahead of the competition and admittedly cameras sway prospective buyers to a degree but I'd be surprised if they make a significant mark in overall sales distribution. I won't consider switching to an iPhone because it takes better low light photos or video the stabilization is improved. What they have done is destroy the looks and symmetry of their phones. Call me old fashioned but when I want some good snaps I don't reach for my smartphone, I grab a camera. The camera and lens configurations look hideous and out of place on an otherwise attractive device and it's only getting worse with each new interation. They're turning phones into cameras, it's gotten out of hand.
Exactly. One of the reasons I got another 10+ instead of the N20U, no hump.
The S21U has those gawd awful rounded corners display... I thought we were past that ugliness?

Last edited:

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Samsung is projecting the S22 will account for 60% or total sales while the S22 Ultra will have a 25% share. This is a bit of a head scratcher. The premium price for the Ultra is surely a factor but there's a huge drop off in features, hardware and cameras in the lower tier models. Worldwide sales for the S21 are 20% lower than the S20 and 47% lower than the S10. With minimal improvements in the S22 Ultra it won't be a surprise when it falls well short of projected sales. 25W Charging, Smaller Display, No MicroSD, No Under Display Selfie Camera and married to two competing chipsets. Unless Samsung gets a grip on innovations and solves it's processor quandary it will continue to surrender market share.

Last edited:

Goku1992

Feb 29, 2016
Dortmund
Samsung is projecting the S22 will account for 60% or total sales while the S22 Ultra will have a 25% share. This is a bit of a head scratcher. The premium price for the Ultra is surely a factor but there's a huge drop off in features, hardware and cameras in the lower tier models. Worldwide sales for the S21 are 20% lower than the S20 and 47% lower than the S10. With minimal improvements in the S22 Ultra it won't be a surprise it falls well short of projected sales. 25W Charging, Smaller Display, No MicroSD, No Under Display Selfie Camera and married to two competing chipsets. Unless Samsung gets a grip on innovations and solves it's processor quandary it will continue to surrender market share.

Same Charging speed? No under Display cam? Okay think i will skip it :/

franagan75

Apr 16, 2018
I am very happy in general with the s21 ultra hopefully in future Samsung phones improve fast charging and the quality and stabilization of the videos, I will continue with the s21 ultra at least one more year is a very balanced smartphone but not perfect

xxiForza

Well, I was talking with a coworker few days ago and we came to the same conclusion that for some reason the Galaxy Note 9 can get better camera shots easily, sometimes I regret getting the S21 Ultra but there's other aspects of the phone that counters that feeling. As for the upgrade, at least for me isn't convenient as I don't pay for my S21U because of trade in value offer from AT&T (Liberty Mobile in Puerto Rico) and down-payment together exceeded the value of the phone.

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
England
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
No. This is the last Samsung device I will ever own. Great hardware. S**t company and business practices. There aren't any other smart phone manufacturers out there who permanently mark a device as having been rooted, even if you re-lock the bootloader and go back to full stock.

Samsung are slowly morphing into Apple. Back to OnePlus for me when my contract is up, even if a couple of features like the camera aren't as good. But they're good enough.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
No. This is the last Samsung device I will ever own. Great hardware. S**t company and business practices. There aren't any other smart phone manufacturers out there who permanently mark a device as having been rooted, even if you re-lock the bootloader and go back to full stock.

Samsung are slowly morphing into Apple. Back to OnePlus for me when my contract is up, even if a couple of features like the camera aren't as good. But they're good enough.
It's actually Google that's morphing into Apple, now with lame scoped storage. So much security it's nearly useless but still not secure enough for morons.
Samsung's UI actually mitigates some of Android's atrocities like swipe gestures.
With no SD card slot... it might as well be an Apple🤣
Add Android 11/12 to that anemic storage platform and you're knocked the fk out.

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
I love my exynos s21 ultra. It's quick and snappy (albeit I have the 16GB version) and doesn't overheat. Hopefully the newer exynos in the s22U paired with AMD gfx (with possible ray tracing) will be a,game changer....
It's only innovation if it works, not any advantage at this time or likely in the near future. Per Tomsguide:
To our knowledge, there is not a single game available on the Play Store that could take advantage of the technology, nor would there likely be any for a long time following the Galaxy S22's launch. Developers would need time to either incorporate ray tracing options in their existing games or develop new ones with the technology as a possibility. There's no magic switch to enable ray tracing in a game just because you have the requisite hardware.

Last edited:

mikey_sk

IF it it brings the soc in parity with the next snapdragon (and perhaps surpass it), then great but either way the exynos 2100 is markedly better than what was in the s20. If it continues in this upward trend I will be happy. Its good that apple and now Google with its Tensor are bringing in some dearly needed competition into the silicon space :)

Reactions: enigmaamit

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
IF it it brings the soc in parity with the next snapdragon (and perhaps surpass it), then great but either way the exynos 2100 is markedly better than what was in the s20. If it continues in this upward trend I will be happy. Its good that apple and now Google with its Tensor are bringing in some dearly needed competition into the silicon space :)
"If it continues in this upward trend I will be happy" Yes, you and millions of other users but I wouldn't be pre-ordering it, wouldn't want to be a guinea pig on a all new exynos chipset.

mikey_sk

Same can be said for snapdragon. They had some bad soc years in the past... Like I said have had no real issue with exynos this year at all. Tbh I've tried a one plus 9 Pro, mi 11 ultra and even an oppo find x3 pro, all with SD 888 but they just aren't as slick or sophisticated or reliable as the s21u. I always come back to my s21 even though it's exynos 🤷‍♂️

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
So far this year Google gas brought nothing but Apple copycat failures to the table.
Android 11 is a dog, 12 will be a pedigree poodle yapping at your heels.

Tensor is more overreach while ignoring/eroding the basics like an SD card slot(s) for terabit size expandable memory and a platform where trusted apps and the user can work without the burden of a big sister OS constantly getting in the way.
Google like MS wants everything in the cloud. Good from thee (huge corporations) but not for me (the end user). Even scoped storage and updates everyday won't save the dumb bunnies, but they'll feel safe... *splat*.
No trophies for half baked firmware... or hardware, no matter what cute esoteric names they call it by.
More usability and less bs hype Gookill, please, pretty pretty please?🤮🤮🤢🤣

mikey_sk

Lol you talk like a Tamarian from Star Trek with all those metaphors.

Look android thankfully is an os and device agnostic. There are so many android devices out there to fit anyone's size. As for me the s21u (exynos) has been a solid great performer with good battery life. Based on this I am looking forward to the s22. Everyone has their needs and it's perfectly fine to not want the s21/22. It's called choice.

Shaka, When the Walls Fell... 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: DS1000RR

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020

Look android thankfully is an os and device agnostic. There are so many android devices out there to fit anyone's size. As for me the s21u (exynos) has been a solid great performer with good battery life. Based on this I am looking forward to the s22. Everyone has their needs and it's perfectly fine to not want the s21. It's called choice.

A post quote, you know a reference point, helps one to understand who's post you're referring too🤣 Oh the irony...

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Same can be said for snapdragon. They had some bad soc years in the past... Like I said have had no real issue with exynos this year at all. Tbh I've tried a one plus 9 Pro, mi 11 ultra and even an oppo find x3 pro, all with SD 888 but they just aren't as slick or sophisticated or reliable as the s21u. I always come back to my s21 even though it's exynos 🤷‍♂️
If it's offered in your region. Mass production of the Exynos/AMD SoC has suffered major delays, setbacks and shortages. 2022 distribution will be limited to select regions and Samsung is looking to Qualcomm to fill in the gaps. That's why I wouldn't be first in line to own it, it could be a rushed, buggy SoC.

"Only a small amount of the chips produced in each wafer works properly, and that because of this, Samsung would have decided to limit the availability of the variant of the Galaxy S22 with Exynos 2200 to only certain markets"

mikey_sk

Would have thought that Samsung being one of the world's biggest chip fabricators would favour their own chips over qualcomm. After all Samsung make (or have made) the qualcomm chips on behalf of qualcomm. Think the time is right for proper competition in the soc space again :)

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Would have thought that Samsung being one of the world's biggest chip fabricators would favour their own chips over qualcomm. After all Samsung make (or have made) the qualcomm chips on behalf of qualcomm. Think the time is right for proper competition in the soc space again :)
The chip architecture is patented and the instruction set copyrighted. Designing both from scratch is no trivial matter let alone one that performs at the top of it's class and in the real world. Snapdragon's run very well.
Samsung profits from using 2 different chipsets on the same model in a number of ways. The consumer however does not.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That display looks horrible... bad artist or bad Samsung?

Meh just bought a second new N10+ running Q.
    It's color rendering exceeds some of the newer displays and is a proven workhorse that's fun to use.
    Android R and above are rotten Apples🤢
    Samsung's track record since the 10+ has been subpar. I'll likely wait 2 or more years before switching platforms.
    I don't have the patience for Android's and Samsung's bs. Too late, too slow and the wrong moves, you lose.

Meanwhile I'm quit happy with my little 10+ family. Lol, I'm still exploring them. My oldest 10+ is 2 years old, has had 1 replacement battery, looks and runs like it's new. It's OS load is almost 1.5 years old, still running fast and stable with minimal maintenance.

I don't use the spen a lot but it nests away painlessly when not in use. The bt remote shutter release and Smart Select are excellent when you need them.
    So yeah, I like the spen.

There are still a few new unlocked Note 10+'s 256gb/12gb ram Snapdragon/Q variants out there. Grab one up if you want one... they be sweet.
    No upgrade for me, the S21 Ultra is very similar to my S20 Ultra, not worth the upgrade IMHO. That rendering looks hideous, and the specs being mentioned so far are not worth an upgrade.
    I love my exynos s21 ultra. It's quick and snappy (albeit I have the 16GB version) and doesn't overheat. Hopefully the newer exynos in the s22U paired with AMD gfx (with possible ray tracing) will be a,game changer....
    It's only innovation if it works, not any advantage at this time or likely in the near future. Per Tomsguide:
    To our knowledge, there is not a single game available on the Play Store that could take advantage of the technology, nor would there likely be any for a long time following the Galaxy S22's launch. Developers would need time to either incorporate ray tracing options in their existing games or develop new ones with the technology as a possibility. There's no magic switch to enable ray tracing in a game just because you have the requisite hardware.
    I love my exynos s21 ultra. It's quick and snappy (albeit I have the 16GB version) and doesn't overheat. Hopefully the newer exynos in the s22U paired with AMD gfx (with possible ray tracing) will be a game changer....

Look android thankfully is an os and device agnostic. There are so many android devices out there to fit anyone's size. As for me the s21u (exynos) has been a solid great performer with good battery life. Based on this I am looking forward to the s22. Everyone has their needs and it's perfectly fine to not want the s21/22. It's called choice.