Who's gonna leak the Soak Test?

Search This thread

csstamatin

Aug 8, 2011
That's what I'm using :(
EDIT: I think my bootloader is hosed. Any way of flashing that? Even when I try to try to use "fastboot erase recovery", I get (bootloader) Permission denied. FAILED (remote failure)

To use the moto fastboot its mfastboot then whatever ur trying to do.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Jdalton1111

Dec 29, 2013
Kitkat DROID Maxx

Does anyone know if they pulled the kitkat release for DROID Maxx , what's going on? This is driving me crazy!

commando122

Nov 10, 2010
I know there are several folks without the use of their phones. Motorola has seemingly dragged their feet on this. I received this a couple of days ago.

1. Download the “Droid MAXX dev edition” image from this site.
2. Unzip the image
3. Put your device in fastboot mode
4. fastboot erase recovery
5. Reflash the original recovery partition image with

$ fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
$ fastboot reboot

If this does not work, we recommend you need to reflash your device to original factory software

fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot reboot

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/om9j3iys8em3ccf/2r5u7m-h4d

Make sure you use the fastboot included in the Windows subdirectory in the .zip. The one I was trying to use when I first flashed this would not work. And despite what the zip is titled, this WILL WORK with non-Developer edition phones.
Curious - who supplied the 4.4 image files? Motorola Customer Support? Or a leak from inside Motorola?

Brenardo

Nov 13, 2010
Hopefully they come to understand that if the bootloader was unlockable across all devices this wouldn't be major epidemic like it is. I am sure VZW is paying huge shipping costs for replacement devices for those who bricked and didn't want to figure out how to fastboot

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jhall8

goxxy

Mar 1, 2011
I know there are several folks without the use of their phones. Motorola has seemingly dragged their feet on this. I received this a couple of days ago.

2. Unzip the image

$ fastboot reboot

If this does not work, we recommend you need to reflash your device to original factory software

fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot reboot

Make sure you use the fastboot included in the Windows subdirectory in the .zip. The one I was trying to use when I first flashed this would not work. And despite what the zip is titled, this WILL WORK with non-Developer edition phones.

Some particular OTA update wouldn't take on my phone. Running this with the 12.15.15 files really saved my bacon.

I would never let anything happen to your bacon, I love you Santa Claus.

Reactions: danman7

danman7

Mar 13, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
glad I was able to help.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Some particular OTA update wouldn't take on my phone. Running this with the 12.15.15 files really saved my bacon.

glad I was able to help.

Tomell

Dec 28, 2013
Canfield

glad I was able to help.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

glad I was able to help.

Does anyone have the OTA Update.Zip? Seems like I can't find it anywhere. Where is that DEV addition from? Is it like a stock version or something?

(Reason the this is because I have some weird rooted but not rooted version of 4.4 and need the stock 4.4 update.zip. HELP!!!:eek:)

danman7

Mar 13, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Does anyone have the OTA Update.Zip? Seems like I can't find it anywhere. Where is that DEV addition from? Is it like a stock version or something?

(Reason the this is because I have some weird rooted but not rooted version of 4.4 and need the stock 4.4 update.zip. HELP!!!:eek:)

The Dev version is from Motorola and will work with a non DE version of the phone. It's from the first soak test and has rescued several people.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Merry Christmas!

2. Unzip the image

$ fastboot reboot

fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot reboot

Pm me with your emails everyone and you will get a surprise by the end of tonight.

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app
    OK.... So factory reset via recovery seemed to do the trick, so I still have no idea what the hell happened how I got where I am, and am general confused. But anyway I'm putting up the link now since I was able to fix whatever I did, however, I'm warning everyone that I had issues and I'm going to bed now so I won't be able to offer my help of anyone has the same problem, atleast until tomorrow. Also FYI I still have root after the factory reset so if your bold go follow jcases new post in original development and here is the updated file, unzip and use the zip file inside. And regardless of what you should be able to do I don't recommend changing the name of the zip.

http://d-h.st/vV5

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

A mirror:
    drive. google. com/file/d/0B11ENX3qyVwyV1NuaE42SUpCcE0/edit?usp=sharing