Whos Selling Their Nexus 7 to Upgrade?

Search This thread

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011
Nah. Its a minimal update, nothing life changing. I'll stick with my 3G model and save and get a new phone. Mine is doing a perfect job and we all getting 4.3 lol :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Reactions: Luna_Sky

michaelg1030

Apr 28, 2011
Not upgrading - waiting for generation 3.
If someone could get me some links or explanations why Tegra 3 sucks, honestly I have never had any problems with it.
As I just said, my N7 is very fast and more than satisfying. As for HDMI output - yeah, but I'm considering getting one of those mini Android PCs for my TV. I found a good one for just 80€. I was considering upgrading to Note 2 but I'm not going to.

I expect the 3rd generation to be the same price we became used to. That being said, from my point of view 2nd gen is a marginal update (720p screen is more than enough, and so is Tegra 3 with 1GB RAM). However, 3rd gen should be a much bigger upgrade from the 1st one, and with the nice price, I can get a new one, and give/sell my current one - no need to get a new one, this one will get all the software goodies that come. :cowboy:

Those android PC's are not as good as android tablets. There are so many of them and the dev for them is all over the place. Most of them seem to be hit or miss as far as performance and durability go.

If you are going to spend that much on an android PC you are better off selling your current gen 1 and add the money you were going to spend on a PC stick and buy the 2nd gen.

And tegra 3 is not awful, people just like something to complain about. Just look at all these people whining over the s4 vs s600 chips. Chances are they have never used either one and probably would not be able to tell the difference between the two. With that said if you have no issues with your current tablet than keep it.

For me, my reason not to buy the 1st gen was because as soon as I tried it I noticed right away that it was slower than my N4. For me to want to use a tablet everyday it has to be better or equal to the performance of my phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Jul 22, 2013
Nothing wrong with my 16gb nexus 7 so I won't sell it to upgrade as it is still smooth and fast and will probably be supported software wise for a while.

JavaJunkay

Apr 18, 2012
Those android PC's are not as good as android tablets. There are so many of them and the dev for them is all over the place. Most of them seem to be hit or miss as far as performance and durability go.

If you are going to spend that much on an android PC you are better off selling your current gen 1 and add the money you were going to spend on a PC stick and buy the 2nd gen.

And tegra 3 is not awful, people just like something to complain about. Just look at all these people whining over the s4 vs s600 chips. Chances are they have never used either one and probably would not be able to tell the difference between the two. With that said if you have no issues with your current tablet than keep it.

For me, my reason not to buy the 1st gen was because as soon as I tried it I noticed right away that it was slower than my N4. For me to want to use a tablet everyday it has to be better or equal to the performance of my phone.

I used N4 and yes it's awesome but again, I don't see how people see the difference in speed? My N7 doesn't show any sign of lag or being slow at all.

samdroids2a

Apr 3, 2013
My n7 is broke so I'm fixing it and getting the new one :p

Sent from my GT-I8160 using xda app-developers app

D

Deleted member 3493119

I will not upgrade, the old Nexus 7 is fine for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

michaelg1030

Apr 28, 2011
I'm not buying what everyone is saying.

Those that say they aren't upgrading are full of it. Once you try the 2nd gen I bet the majority of the users are upgrading. Dev for the 1st gen will slow and we are all tech junkies and get the itch.

Reactions: Nbsss

EfrainTrejo

Dec 22, 2012
AZ

Those that say they aren't upgrading are full of it. Once you try the 2nd gen I bet the majority of the users are upgrading. Dev for the 1st gen will slow and we are all tech junkies and get the itch.

Payed retail for my and for sure keeping my but i probably will buy the 2nd gen nexus 7.

nolook

Sep 5, 2010
going to be an expensive month getting the n7 2 and possibly the moto x ...

Sent from my Nexus 7

Reactions: Nbsss

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
If someone could get me some links or explanations why Tegra 3 sucks, honestly I have never had any problems with it.
As I just said, my N7 is very fast and more than satisfying. As for HDMI output - yeah, but I'm considering getting one of those mini Android PCs for my TV. I found a good one for just 80€. I was considering upgrading to Note 2 but I'm not going to.

I expect the 3rd generation to be the same price we became used to. That being said, from my point of view 2nd gen is a marginal update (720p screen is more than enough, and so is Tegra 3 with 1GB RAM). However, 3rd gen should be a much bigger upgrade from the 1st one, and with the nice price, I can get a new one, and give/sell my current one - no need to get a new one, this one will get all the software goodies that come. :cowboy:

I have an MK808 and seems to have the most dev. I actually loved it but I couldn't get multiple controllers to work for games. All read as controller 1. Anyway I have an Ouya now. Pretty nice (Tegra 3).

The new N7 seems like it is more then a minor update. Seems like it has lots of upgrades under the hood. I can see being able to hold out though. Nexus devices are long lived. For me, I sold mine and +$50 for a new one seems worth it. But not $269 worth it. So if you can turn one over then hold out.

I tried but I know I'll cave eventually and the first gen price is going to tank here soon. So I decided to just sell and upgrade while I get the most out of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

casonswag

Aug 31, 2011
Jacksonville
The moto x gonna be a mid range phone look at the specs i believe the n5 gonna be much better

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Nbsss

Aug 11, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
The moto x gonna be a mid range phone look at the specs i believe the n5 gonna be much better

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

But that moto build quality...and looks so ergonomic
The only mid range spec is the cpu, and even then it seems to score similar to the sd600 in benchmarks...
I guess it comes down to which device will have the best dev support, probably the nexus lol

mazinya

Jul 25, 2010
Giving mine to my dad and definitely getting the new N7. Not at first though, gonna wait a bit til prices drop and see if no major bugs or issues. I never buy the first or even 2nd batch

Bl4ckX

Jan 26, 2013
Düsseldorf
Giving mine to my dad and definitely getting the new N7. Not at first though, gonna wait a bit til prices drop and see if no major bugs or issues. I never buy the first or even 2nd batch

Good luck with getting one from the third batch or so. I bought my One X one year after it was released and after looking into UV I found out, that I still got the worst CPU type you can get in that phone..

I'm pretty sure I will buy the next N7 aswell but I am actually not wanting to sell my old one for that. I really love this device and I would love to have both N7s :eek:

But maybe my little brother wants it. At least I know, that it is in good hands when I give it to him :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Payed retail for my and for sure keeping my but i probably will buy the 2nd gen nexus 7.
    I'm going to wait and see the specs, and if 4.3 will help with the lockups and lag in my current Nexus. While better, the specs leaked have been kind of weird.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    I have accidental on my nexus with Staples. When the time comes BAM water will fall on my nexus and a $200 gift card will come my way :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    going to be an expensive month getting the n7 2 and possibly the moto x ...

Sent from my Nexus 7