Why are some games refusing to load past the startup screen?

Search This thread

HelpWithGames

Apr 17, 2021
I've tried all the commonly suggested troubleshooting tips for unresponsive or problematic apps (from the simple deleting cache to the drastic factory reset). Real Racing 3, Mobile Legends, and Darkness Rises are the 3 games that currently do not wish to load past the startup screen. For the most part, it seems to be caused by a server timeout. This also seems to be in no way related to my network connection, due to the fact that pubg mobile starts and runs smoothly. I'm always running the latest software and this problem has been plaguing my Galaxy S20 Ultra since approximately fall of 2020, first noticed with Mobile Legends (a game I played quite often for a couple months prior to this).

jwoegerbauer

• Jul 11, 2009
    European Union
    My guess is the 3 mentioned games have a problem with data corruption already occurrred whilst downloading them. Take note that an app's resources ( images, graphics ) typicallly get stored in /Android/obb folder hence isn't affected by a Factory Reset.

The get the very reason why these games don't start do a LOGCAT. Take note that you can filter Android's logcat output because there are many messages which are not of interest for you. More info here:

Last edited:
    Reactions: xXx yYy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      My guess is the 3 mentioned games have a problem with data corruption already occurrred whilst downloading them. Take note that an app's resources ( images, graphics ) typicallly get stored in /Android/obb folder hence isn't affected by a Factory Reset.

The get the very reason why these games don't start do a LOGCAT. Take note that you can filter Android's logcat output because there are many messages which are not of interest for you. More info here:
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone