Why are you guys running non-Stereoscopic ROMs on the Optimus 3D

Search This thread

kurkosdr

Jan 15, 2007
Okay, I know I shouldn't be asking such questions, but this thread is mostly inactive anyway, and I can't help it.

I see that some people are trying to build Lollipop for that device., obviously without stereoscopic 3D support.

Huh? The good thing about this device are the stereoscopic 3D features and in particular the camera, which is the best 3D camera ever fitted on a device that fits in your jeans (maybe together with the Sharp SH-12C)

Why ruin this phone by running a non-stereoscopic ROM? When it comes to running it as a generic phone, there are phones that can be bought for the price of a gas-tank refill and work much better.

Even doing it for the sake of experiment it isn't worth it IMO, because if you happen to perma-brick your Optimus 3D, you 've lost a pretty good 3D camera.

I mean, why?

shaqfu786

Sep 21, 2012
Port Elizabeth
Thats a difficult question to answer, we have different people from different backgrounds, different countries and people with different flavors.Xda has many students that maybe has only this one phone and would compromise 3d for a later os version, yes it would be nice to have all the features working on a later os version as if it came out the factory. Maybe thats possible. In the end its just a matter of what the individual wants and what he or she is willing to compromise to get it.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app