• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Why Bluetooth connection is a mess on Pixel 3XL since 2020?

Search This thread

Daimonion1980

Feb 13, 2009
Hello

I'm facing the problem that the bluetooth connection to my cars multimedia unit is a big mess since 2020.
But not only when connecting to the cars BT. Every BT connection will randomly asks for permission to the contacts or messages...

The phone will not store this information correctly anymore. My car is an 2020 Opel and sometimes it says that the bt connection can't be established, but it actually plays music over this connection and phonebook is also transfered.

I have the pixel 3XL since it came out and it is completely stock non rooted or something like that (I'm to old for this stuff as a daily driver ;) )

So, did google mess the driver up that it will not work correctly anymore? Or does someone know what's going on in the device?

nick491

Jun 27, 2008
Google Pixel 3 XL
Hello

I'm facing the problem that the bluetooth connection to my cars multimedia unit is a big mess since 2020.
But not only when connecting to the cars BT. Every BT connection will randomly asks for permission to the contacts or messages...

The phone will not store this information correctly anymore. My car is an 2020 Opel and sometimes it says that the bt connection can't be established, but it actually plays music over this connection and phonebook is also transfered.

I have the pixel 3XL since it came out and it is completely stock non rooted or something like that (I'm to old for this stuff as a daily driver ;) )

So, did google mess the driver up that it will not work correctly anymore? Or does someone know what's going on in the device?
Have tried different ROM's on this Pixel 3 XL so I completely understand the Bluetooth issue. Have grown to rely on turning off Bluetooth before using the passcode; kind of helps with the new ViPER4Android FX,

Since using ScorpionROM, haven't had any Bluetooth issues. Maybe give it a shot and see if it helps