• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Why did Root disappear

Search This thread

pewe

Oct 20, 2005
England
I rooted my phone at the beginning of November to install call recording - and everything went well.
I needed to check a recording yesterday and it had not recorded properly (caller was not recorded) and when I checked my phone rootchecker showed that the phone was no longer rooted.
What would have caused the phone to de-root without intervention from myself.
My phone is an Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 on Android 10.

abacate123

Feb 22, 2015
The "root checker" apps are useless, they just ask the root manager for root permission for no reason at all, since you can simply take a look at the magisk manager and check if stuff is working properly from there. So you're basically giving root permission (which is a not a toy) for a random app so it can say if you have root or not lol.

Anyways, could you send more info like screenshots from the manager, and things like that? Your report lacks info.

Even so, I could recommend you to simply try and reinstall magisk to see if it fixes the problem, just download the magisk zip and install it as if it was a module, using the manager, and reboot. If you can't do that, install through the recovery (twrp or whatever you use).