Why did you choose 8 over the 8 pro?

Search This thread

KingUsman

Aug 4, 2013
OnePlus 8
I'm just curious on why people choose the 8 over the 8 pro, I have ordered the 8 and my reasoning was the size, I currently have the OnePlus 6 which already feels big to me and anything bigger would be impossible for me to use with one hand.

alan sh

Nov 2, 2007
Rochdale
I chose it because of the price difference (£200 for slighly faster memory and better cameras) and the fact that, from a OnePlus 5, the enhancements would be so good, I wouldn't need the small extras that the OP8Pro would give me. So far, I haven't been disappointed. I didn't think about the size.

Alan

actupsp

Apr 4, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
The reason on my side was the height and especially the weight. I already had in the past an oneplus 7 pro and I sold it because it was too heavy (206gr).
Since then I own a galaxy note 10 and the size and weight is totally in line with me, hence my choice for the standard oneplus 8.

Reactions: KingUsman

cal777flyer

Sep 20, 2011
I'm debating between the 8 and the pro and I was wondering if the screen issues being reported on the pro are also found on the regular 8. Is anyone with an 8 experiencing screen issues?

Kadol

Mar 26, 2009
Leonding
For me it was the size, especially the width. 72mm + case is comfortable to hold and use with one hand but 75 with a case i can't handle.
If you don't care about the width i recommend the 7t. I think is the better option for the price.

I have no issues with my screen btw.

Attachments

• _DSC7453-2.jpg
    _DSC7453-2.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 696
  • _DSC7454-2.jpg
    _DSC7454-2.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 700
Last edited:

marvi0

May 23, 2008
?
Am in the same boat. Really concerned about the size of the pro so considering the 8. However the screen technology on the pro is better so really torn!

DoobyDroid

Just got my 8 today was torn as well but prefer the smaller form factor and a extra £200 just for wireless charging that's not important for me don't use anyway and IP rating is not a issue and with all the issues with displays in the pro glad I did the difference from 90hz to 120hz is minimal yet from 60hz to 90hz is a lot more noticeable
Camera again ok might be bit better but only take odd snap so not issue even £100 for extra 4gb ram isn't essential really and that green is yuck if was nice amber gold or red (sure to be some point in future ) might have forked up another £100 so far no issues with display so all good and good choice for me personally [emoji16]

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Vigneshrocky

Apr 29, 2020
The main thing for me is price with the same performance. I don't use wireless charging. And No issues with the display too.

marvi0

May 23, 2008
?
For me it's :
Price difference
Size
No screen factory installed protector for the pro amazon UK.

Having had both phones in my hands, the regular is definitely more comfortable and haven't seen any performance drops between the 2. Definitely the 200 extra for the pro isn't worth it.

SPEED_RACER_5.0

Sep 6, 2009
Florida
Was my only option In a sense as my carrier (red) only sells the 8. Is nice to see peeps choosing da reg OP8 over the Pro as I almost just went with a LG instead. For the fact there's nothing extra I see that justifies that 100$ hike n price outside of mm mave capable. My understanding was vzw's version was to be the 12gb/256 but it is not

Last edited:

rephung

Apr 26, 2020
For me it was the size, especially the width. 72mm + case is comfortable to hold and use with one hand but 75 with a case i can't handle.
If you don't care about the width i recommend the 7t. I think is the better option for the price.

I have no issues with my screen btw.
Which camera did u use to take the pic?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I chose it because of the price difference (£200 for slighly faster memory and better cameras) and the fact that, from a OnePlus 5, the enhancements would be so good, I wouldn't need the small extras that the OP8Pro would give me. So far, I haven't been disappointed. I didn't think about the size.

Alan
    The reason on my side was the height and especially the weight. I already had in the past an oneplus 7 pro and I sold it because it was too heavy (206gr).
    Since then I own a galaxy note 10 and the size and weight is totally in line with me, hence my choice for the standard oneplus 8.
    Which camera did u use to take the pic?

Sony A7RIV with 20mm sigma Art
    Bootloader unlockable?
    Not yet. Starting to look doubtful