• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Why did you choose the 6 over the Pro?

Search This thread

callifo

Aug 6, 2009
Coming from a Pixel 2 non-XL, the Pixel 6 is already HUGE, the pro would be terrible. That and I hate curved screen bezels.

sean222

I bought the 6 Pro, was a bit too big, didn't like the curved edges...didn't feel like a 'Pixel', 120Hz didn't seem any nicer than my 90Hz Pixel 5. Returned it and got the 6, SO HAPPY. Feels much more like a Pixel. A touch too tall, but still very nice in the hands. Much happier with the flat screen especially for screen protectors/cases. Also I feel like the 6 has better battery because it's the same CPU as the 6 Pro, but driving a FHD screen instead a QHD screen. Get the 6!

Reactions: Note10.1Dude

Burt Squirtz

Feb 11, 2018
Man, I'm so glad I went with the pro over the normal six. I noticed The night and day difference instantly when I first saw both phones, in Best buy, 3 weeks ago, but here's definitive non-misinformation people should probably know:

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

TheExoduser

Jan 4, 2017
Stuttgart
If I hadn't needed the 512 GB version of the Pixel 6, which is only in Pro, I would have strongly considered the regular 6. I don't regret having the Pro except for the curved screens, but I knew it would.
Just out of curiosity. What do you store on your phone, that you need 512GB for? I have the 128GB version and even that is currently only at 85GB used.

utnick

Nov 8, 2009
Texas
I hate curved edges, but I have also read reviews that say the curves on the Pro suffer from shadows like the earliest curved screens had.

tmrmn

Jul 2, 2017
Price, flat screen, matte black frame and size.

I'm coming from a OnePlus 5. If that wouldn't be dying I wouldn't have upgraded. I miss the fast fingerprint reader, capacitive buttons, light weight and less animated (snappier) UI. Switching between the two most recent apps took less than half a second.

The only thing that would be nice is 256GB storage, since thats not available with the regular 6 in EU.

I have both phones to pixel 6 and pixel 6 pro. Each phone is good in its own right. I love the regular pixel 6 size. But I love the OLED display of the pro. I have only had the pro for 2 days so I have not had a chance to test the camera. The pixel 5 battery life
Maybe slightly better than the 6 pro but I'm still comparing them now.
I will most likely keep the the pro because of the brighter screen and 120hz refresh rate.
However the Pixel 6 is a beast of a phone. I got it via upgrade from T-Mobile with a trade in of an old Pixel 3. So that phone was free.

neptun2

Jul 25, 2009
In Europe prices of pixel 6 and 6 pro were significantly higher than in USA. My pure pixel 6 cost me around 850 euro for 128GB version and the pro was not even available in the beginning so i had no other option. In fact the screen and lack of telephoto camera are not problems for me. I even prefer flat screens instead of curved ones. I only miss the 12GB of RAM but looking that phone rarely uses more than 5GB i hope that the 8GB of the non pro model will be enough for the next 2 to 3 years.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Pixel 6 Pro has curved screen edges while the Pixel 6 is a flat screen which is what I prefer.
    Size, price and the flat screen.
    Size. Pro is too big.
    Didn't think it was worth $300 more.
    Curved screen, size, and price.

Yeah the telephoto would be cool in certain situations and there's been a few times already I wish I had it, but not enough to justify an extra $300 and having to put up with the screen edges and extra bulk.

Physically the Pixel 6 is a nearly identical in size to my Pixel 2 XL, just a smidgen heavier.