• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Why do I need to enter passcode every morning?

Search This thread

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Before I go to sleep I put my phone on wireless charger. I wake up in the morning and it show unlock using passcode. No fingerprint or face unlock. On top of that the phone does not look like it rebooted.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200909-053941_Settings.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200909-053941_Settings.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 183

GDHAMTON7

Jan 30, 2013
That's a new security feature implemented with one UI... Basically after 4-5 hours without signing in... It will default to pin... Not sure if this can be turned off

rsacipher

Jan 22, 2006
Washington DC
I think it can be turned off by using smart lock, it could be connected to a certain device or location so then you can use fingerprint or face unlock.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

force70

Jan 27, 2012
toronto
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
if you use face unlock this is what happens, there is a warning about it on the bio metrics screen when you enable it.

turn it off and this goes away.

its a stupid feature for sure and just annoying AF

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

That's a new security feature implemented with one UI... Basically after 4-5 hours without signing in... It will default to pin... Not sure if this can be turned off

only if you stop using face unlock

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
That's a new security feature implemented with one UI[.] Basically after 4-5 hours without signing in[,] It will default to pin[.] Not sure if this can be turned off
For me, it only asks for my password around once a week (I haven't done anything to modify the feature). It may depend on which biometric authentication you've enabled. I only use fingerprints.

lostreal

Aug 30, 2009
Maybe auto restart is active and phone restarting itself every night so this is why at the mornings you need to enter your password.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020

Don't set a pin.
I'm more afraid of being accidentally locked out.
Once bitten, twice shy... hardware failures could leave it in the locked state. Got permanently locked of a mobo like that...

xnostra

Oct 25, 2011
if your uing the face unlock feature which is less secure this issue happens it will ask for your pin time to time which is annoying.
disable that and problem goes away