Why do photos and videos......

Search This thread

g0tch

Dec 29, 2009
Somerset
....open in editor mode? The wife’s is the same and the only way open videos so that you have the usual controls is to click the three dots on the bottom right and chose open in video player.

I’m sure it only happened since the last update. If i need to use the editor I will switch to it but that is rear. Can it be forced to open in player at the start?

Best regards,

g0tch

Dec 29, 2009
Somerset
Considering there are no replies at all, I may not have explained the problem properly.

When I click to open a video, it opens as the first picture. I then have to click the 3 dots on the bottom right to open it in video player (picture 2), that takes me to picture 3. I never before had to go through these steps before, it always used to open in the video player first. Am I the only one with this problem?

Hope someone can help.

Regards,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210412-132732_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210412-132732_Gallery.jpg
    610.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20210412-132746_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210412-132746_Gallery.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20210412-133014_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20210412-133014_Video Player.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
Considering there are no replies at all, I may not have explained the problem properly.

When I click to open a video, it opens as the first picture. I then have to click the 3 dots on the bottom right to open it in video player (picture 2), that takes me to picture 3. I never before had to go through these steps before, it always used to open in the video player first. Am I the only one with this problem?

Hope someone can help.

Regards,
I'm trying to understand, why you opening videos via Gallery app.
(i presume it's via Gallery app)
Have you got the Samsung Video Library app also installed.
You have to, to view videos directly.!
Link...

All you do is, open video directly from this app. Even hover S pen over video to get preview video.
See screenshots
Good luck.
Screenshot_20210412-165245_Google Play Store.jpg
Screenshot_20210412-165630_Video.jpg

Reactions: g0tch

g0tch

Dec 29, 2009
Somerset
The reason for that is because I always opened it from galley and it had, till recently, opened in video player, which is Samsung Video Library. Also, if you have any videos in the secure folder, you have no choice of opening it in video player unless you go through the extra clicks. That is the reason for looking somehow to force videos to open in Samsung Video Library from gallery as it used to do. Hope that makes sense.

Thank you to taking time to answer.

Regards,

Last edited:
Reactions: willcor

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
The reason for that is because I always opened it from galley and it had, till recently, opened in video player, which is Samsung Video Library. Also, if you have any videos in the secure folder, you have no choice of opening it in video player unless you go through the extra clicks. That is the reason for looking somehow to force videos to open in Samsung Video Library from gallery as it used to do. Hope that makes sense.

Regards,
Thanks for explaining. I understand.
For me the Samsung Gallery app (video)
is now intended (actually been, quite some time now) if you either want to edit a video or set a video as Lockscreen wall.

Bottom line,
as i see it Samsung does not actually see Gallery app, as video player, as such....anymore.!
Only linking it (hiding) access in Gallery app settings.
So your choice is,
either use the Samsung Video library or bear the extra taps.!
Good luck.

Reactions: g0tch

g0tch

Dec 29, 2009
Somerset
Bottom line,
as i see it Samsung does not actually see Gallery app, as video player, as such....anymore.!
So your choice is,
Good luck.
Once again, many thanks!
Looks like the extra steps for now.
Kind regards,

Reactions: willcor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hope someone can help.

Regards,
    Have you got the Samsung Video Library app also installed.
    You have to, to view videos directly.!
    Link...

All you do is, open video directly from this app. Even hover S pen over video to get preview video.
    See screenshots
    Good luck.
    Screenshot_20210412-165245_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20210412-165630_Video.jpg

Regards,

Regards,
    Thanks for explaining. I understand.
    For me the Samsung Gallery app (video)
    is now intended (actually been, quite some time now) if you either want to edit a video or set a video as Lockscreen wall.

Bottom line,
    So your choice is,
    Good luck.
    Bottom line,
    So your choice is,
    Good luck.
    Once again, many thanks!
    Looks like the extra steps for now.
    Kind regards,