Why does it vibrate like 5 seconds after lock?

Search This thread

Dankchild

Nov 26, 2008
Baton Rouge, LA
Like the title says, I'm wondering why the phone quickly vibrates twice like 5 seconds after a screen lock. Anybody else notice this?

EDIT: actually I noticed its only when the screen is touched after its locked? Pretty annoying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Agent

Feb 5, 2013
Weird mine doesn't do that at all. You got an app or anything running in the background perhaps causing that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 5

RavenZwei

Jul 21, 2010
Northern Virginia Area
Under Controls -> Motions there is a setting for "Smart Alert". That's probably what you are feeling. It vibrates when you pick up the phone and you have a notification and the screen is off to let you know there is something you missed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Mad383Max

Dec 20, 2009
Under Controls -> Motions there is a setting for "Smart Alert". That's probably what you are feeling. It vibrates when you pick up the phone and you have a notification and the screen is off to let you know there is something you missed.

This...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Garrett56

Apr 8, 2019
I have the same problem, you dont have to touch it. Smart alert is turned off. When I lock the screen itll vibrate twice a few seconds later. I cannot figure out what it is and it just started after the android 9 update

Reactions: switchfootboardr

switchfootboardr

Apr 6, 2021
I have the same problem, you dont have to touch it. Smart alert is turned off. When I lock the screen itll vibrate twice a few seconds later. I cannot figure out what it is and it just started after the android 9 update
I have the same issue on my Note 10+ and cannot find a solution. Smart Alert is already turned off so it is something else. It happens if the volume is set to sound or vibrate and the only way to stop it is to set the phone to silent. Hopefully someone here can share an actual solution.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.