Question Why does my At A Glance Weather not update?

Search This thread

xflowy

Jun 4, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
title says it all.

weather only updates in the widget, when i click on the weather directly and it opens in the weather app.

then it gets outdated again until i repeat.

it never updates automatically in the at a glance widget from google.

tried the beta, cleared cache. placed the specific google weather widget also on the homescreen, nothing helps.

any ideas?

thanks guys!!

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

xflowy

Jun 4, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I wish I knew what to suggest besides starting from scratch. Mine on my home screen updates fine by itself. Have you checked in the Play Store to see if you're enrolled in the Beta and might've forgotten? I'm not on the Beta and I'm currently on version 13.18.7.29.arm64.
Since the normal version had the problem I enrolled in the beta. There I too have the problem, my version is 13.19.6.29

for the google app, yes.
Took it out of battery optimization and still doesn work :/

• Wow

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Since the normal version had the problem I enrolled in the beta. There I too have the problem, my version is 13.19.6.29

Took it out of battery optimization and still doesn work :/
It's probably something with that version, then, since I too am on stable but yet the older 13.18.7.29.arm64. I just manually checked for all updated apps and I'm still on this version. Hopefully, they'll release a stabler Stable version soon for you. :)

And hopefully, that truly is the cause.

Did you try rebooting?

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
You on the Android 13 beta? Or was it a different beta that you had tried? I am on the Android 13 beta and have been having the same issue since I updated to the latest beta build earlier this month. Granted, I always update beta builds ASAP and so perhaps this issue is occuring due to me disabling verity and verification this time around 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Face_Plant

Mar 24, 2014
MD
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I am also experiencing the same issue with the May update and Google app version 13.19.7.29. Battery optimization is disabled for the Google app and Play Services. I updated the Google app around the same time I installed the May update, so one of those two updates seems to be the issue in my experience.

• Wow

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I am also experiencing the same issue with the May update and Google app version 13.19.7.29. Battery optimization is disabled for the Google app and Play Services. I updated the Google app around the same time I installed the May update, so one of those two updates seems to be the issue in my experience.
That's the version of the Google app I'm on, while on the May update. I'm on the May 1, 2022 Play System update, as well. My At a Glance is updating automatically fine (using Nova Launcher Prime).

Face_Plant

Mar 24, 2014
MD
Google Pixel 6 Pro
That's the version of the Google app I'm on, while on the May update. I'm on the May 1, 2022 Play System update, as well. My At a Glance is updating automatically fine (using Nova Launcher Prime).
I'm using the stock Pixel Launcher. At a Glance updates fine with upcoming calendar events, status of connected Bluetooth devices, etc. Weather just refuses to update on its own, and eventually disappears if I don't update it manually for a while.

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post: I also began using LSPosed and AOSP Mods around the time I installed the May update. AOSP Mods hooks into the Pixel Launcher, which makes me wonder if it could be part of the issue.

• Wow

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post: I also began using LSPosed and AOSP Mods around the time I installed the May update. AOSP Mods hooks into the Pixel Launcher, which makes me wonder if it could be part of the issue.
Could be. I use AOSP Mods also (but with Nova, not the Pixel Launcher). Temporarily disable AOSP Mods, reboot, and test it for a while.

Reactions: Lughnasadh

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P

Top Liked Posts