• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Why does my gcam slow motion function run at about 20fps?

Search This thread
Title days it all, here are my specs
OnePlus 8 pro Android 11
Rom: crdroid 7.4 instantnoodlep
Gcam version:GCam 7.3.018 Urnyx05-v2.5
Config: nrG--Urnyx05-7.3.018-v2.0

On stock OnePlus rom the slowotion camera worked fantasticly, I happened to use it quite a lot. Since going to crdroid and using gcam I notice though I can set videos to film 144fps, as soon as I try to use the slow motion feature on gcam it will pause for a second and visibly drop frames while filming. Checking out the footage is even worse since, ya know, a 20 fps video slowed down is basically a slideshow. I've included an example and a matlog just in case, but does anyone have a workaround for this? I'd hate to go back to stock for something so arbitrary
Edit: literally won't let me upload the text file for some reason, so here's the logcat

Attachments

• VID_20211121_145733.mp4
    15.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
That's a shame, would you happen to know if there's a port for crdroid floating around in the ether? I can't seem to find anything
Check the OnePlus 8 unified forum, it's in the OnePlus 8 section.

Evo X I'd recommend.

It has the OOS camera with working slow motion and wide angle, plus Google photos provides unlimited back up for free at original resolution

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GCam cannot do slow motion. One of the reasons the OOS camera getting ported to AOSP /Lineage type ROM's, amongst others
    That's a shame, would you happen to know if there's a port for crdroid floating around in the ether? I can't seem to find anything