Why does the entire xda forum function poorly and look so awful?

Search This thread

BlurtFlabber

Jun 6, 2019
I find it a bit funny that xda is a forum where many users seek to solve problems and offer technical support, etc. with some very intelligent individuals offering great technical assistance.... and yet the forum itself functions so poorly (lag, clutter, bad design, etc). I rarely look at xda anymore because it's an absolute pain to use. Isn't there a better forum interface than this?

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
I find it a bit funny that xda is a forum where many users seek to solve problems and offer technical support, etc. with some very intelligent individuals offering great technical assistance.... and yet the forum itself functions so poorly (lag, clutter, bad design, etc). I rarely look at xda anymore because it's an absolute pain to use. Isn't there a better forum interface than this?
Ehhhhh.....
I personally dont know about the design but you can change the theme if you scoll all the way down and click the XDA - Dark or whatever button down there.
Overrall there isnt any lag for me.
Might be your internet connection

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Design is ok. Edit button placement use to be better.
Instead XDA needs to stop messing with the layout as it's about 99% dialed in now!
The design is far better than most forums.
There a few annoying glitches and Cloudfare locks up from time to time requiring a 2nd button push. Speed is usually acceptable.

My biggest complaints are the big WHITE XDA logo burning in my AMOLED display in dark mode needs to be tuned down ie greyed a bit.
Spamers need to be PBed asap, kill this site as a platform for them. Make it a total waste of their time so they don't even get 5 minutes exposure.
I would wuv that job🤣

Reactions: Kenora_I

Destroy666x

Nov 22, 2015
Agree about clutter. Design is just design, dark theme is fine. No lag for me.

My biggest issue is the structure of the forums though. Could be much better organized when it comes to sections etc. IMO. Hard to find things sometimes. E.g. what's the best place to ask a more general question related to TWRP backups?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ehhhhh.....
    I personally dont know about the design but you can change the theme if you scoll all the way down and click the XDA - Dark or whatever button down there.
    Overrall there isnt any lag for me.
    Might be your internet connection
    I totally agree if you are talking about the application. This site is totally fine for me to be honest.
    Design is ok. Edit button placement use to be better.
    Instead XDA needs to stop messing with the layout as it's about 99% dialed in now!
    The design is far better than most forums.
    There a few annoying glitches and Cloudfare locks up from time to time requiring a 2nd button push. Speed is usually acceptable.

My biggest complaints are the big WHITE XDA logo burning in my AMOLED display in dark mode needs to be tuned down ie greyed a bit.
    Spamers need to be PBed asap, kill this site as a platform for them. Make it a total waste of their time so they don't even get 5 minutes exposure.
    I would wuv that job🤣