why i downgrade to ui 2.5

nosferatu123

Jan 26, 2021
ok first of all sry for my poor english.
look i hade the s21 ultra ,but after 4 days use i liked more the square display of the note ,so i went back to use the note 20 ultra ,and sold my s21 ultra.
now on the s21 ultra, i had many animation problem, like lagging, sometimes whatsapp not good etc...
the unlock animation made trouble, and i try any fix i saw on net but nothing fix the issue.
so i back to note 20 ultra ,and after update to ui 3.0 i saw exact same things that i had with my s21.
but now, i saw new firmware ui 3.1 so my phone support oxm (multi csc) so i download the new firmware and update via odin.
after update i saw that everything exact same as ui 3.0 like lagg, stuck somtimes ,and apps not fully works good with this new ui
people say maybe i had phone problem, but no , it was the same iisue like i had on my s21 .
now i download the latest firmware ui 2.5, and let me tell you ,it smooth like batter ,and not even 1 iisue at all.
so i dont need the simple new features that the ui 3+ brings, its all small things that i dont use anyway,so i recommand you all guys if you dont like somthing or got iisue with new firmware or the phone is abit laggy ,downgrade back to ui 2.5 and enjoy the phone ...hope it will help some of you that got eagle eye like me, and every little lag is problem.
cheers enjoy ,and good healthy to your all

Reactions: VHFG22 and evnStevn

vagenrider

Sep 25, 2012
athens
www.facebook.com
I DONT THINK SO BUT NOT ON 3.0 OR 3.1 ALSO
i know it not possible on note 20 ultra
anyway i had s21 ultra with 120hz and wqhd it looks exact same lolll sorry dont see diffrent
tried 3.0 and 3.1 today it won't works..and about the s21 you mention I was thinking exactly the same..i got the most smoothness by locking the refresh rate at 120 with the known app

Sprov

Oct 12, 2015
Bologna
can you force 120hz on wqhd at ui 2.5?
Indeed you can. Well, not really WQHD but something less.
Set your phone to FHD+ and Adaptive refresh rate in the Display Settings.
Set up adb, connect the phone, allow permission and type on the terminal adb devices (if you are using Powershell, then it's ./adb for all the following)
If everything is ok, then you can type in order adb shell wm size 1439x3087 which sets your resolution slightly under WQHD and adb shell wm density 560 which restores the pixel density. Now you can have Adaptive or Fixed 120hz resolution, or lower, with semi-WQHD resolution. This doesn't stick after reboot and obviously drain more power than the stock option.

Reactions: vagenrider

vagenrider

Sep 25, 2012
athens
www.facebook.com
Indeed you can. Well, not really WQHD but something less.
Set your phone to FHD+ and Adaptive refresh rate in the Display Settings.
Set up adb, connect the phone, allow permission and type on the terminal adb devices (if you are using Powershell, then it's ./adb for all the following)
If everything is ok, then you can type in order adb shell wm size 1439x3087 which sets your resolution slightly under WQHD and adb shell wm density 560 which restores the pixel density. Now you can have Adaptive or Fixed 120hz resolution, or lower, with semi-WQHD resolution. This doesn't stick after reboot and obviously drain more power than the stock option.
thanks so much mate

evnStevn

Feb 21, 2015
Inverness
ok first of all sry for my poor english.
look i hade the s21 ultra ,but after 4 days use i liked more the square display of the note ,so i went back to use the note 20 ultra ,and sold my s21 ultra.
now on the s21 ultra, i had many animation problem, like lagging, sometimes whatsapp not good etc...
the unlock animation made trouble, and i try any fix i saw on net but nothing fix the issue.
so i back to note 20 ultra ,and after update to ui 3.0 i saw exact same things that i had with my s21.
but now, i saw new firmware ui 3.1 so my phone support oxm (multi csc) so i download the new firmware and update via odin.
after update i saw that everything exact same as ui 3.0 like lagg, stuck somtimes ,and apps not fully works good with this new ui
people say maybe i had phone problem, but no , it was the same iisue like i had on my s21 .
now i download the latest firmware ui 2.5, and let me tell you ,it smooth like batter ,and not even 1 iisue at all.
so i dont need the simple new features that the ui 3+ brings, its all small things that i dont use anyway,so i recommand you all guys if you dont like somthing or got iisue with new firmware or the phone is abit laggy ,downgrade back to ui 2.5 and enjoy the phone ...hope it will help some of you that got eagle eye like me, and every little lag is problem.
cheers enjoy ,and good healthy to your all
Hey Friend,

Sux to hear about your issues with One UI 3.0-NO(lol, that's me)! i do get the lagging some but it's usually me (I find) because I didn't close apps I was using earlier and catch myself with like 25 still open/still running! What's more, keep in mind these are all mine, not including the apps already running in the background, system apps, etc.,you know! Did you sell your S21 Ultra outright or did Samsung accept the return, without a hitch? I'm curious, because couple years ago with my Note9 Unlocked I had a similar incident to yours and attempted to return it to them and, long story short, ended up coming back to me! smh
Since that transaction, I got flagged (or something) and cannot order anything from Samsung.com, or through their apps ShopSamsung or ShopGalaxy...message comes back to my email saying "Order Canceled Due To I Exceeded The Allowed Number Of Transactions"!? Thats 3 years ago, and is still going on, it's like they banned me because of the attempted return?! I switched to BestBuy.com a few years ago and since then I get my new flagship sooner (by weeks) than the pre-order folks, and save at least $100 when paying in full vs. Samsung.com pricing! I received my device(using now) Note20 Ultra 512gb 5G at the beginning of the 2nd week in August last year and that freaked me out cuz I figured I'd be waiting 'til end of month, minimum! Sorry, wandered a bit there...glad you got your device issues ironed-out, because there is alot of folks out there that have device issues, ongoing, and either just decide to live with them, or don't know who to turn to for help, like these LIFESAVERS at XDA DEVELOPERS!
So, with your worries gone your holding on with Android 10 One UI 2.5 until further notice, I suppose?
That's my man....right on!!👍🤓👍

Reactions: nosferatu123

nosferatu123

Jan 26, 2021
yes my friend thats truth.i stay with note 20 ultra 2.5 ui the best and the smoothest.
i didnt returned my s21 ultra i sold it .and the lag with the new ui 3.0 or 3.1 is only when i unlock the phone you will see the transection lag with the icons but only when unlocking the phone (ints not apps in the backgrownd its new from store after set everything new) i know now that its in every phone in the note and in the s21 the same i checked many phones all the same maybe people not look for every small thing, but i like it to be perfect .
so i find what is the problem with this lag in s21 and the ultra ,the problem is the adaptive hz because sometimes the adaptive put your phone in 60hz and not all the time 120hz when the phone on lock screen its 60hz or lower then when you unlock its not put the phone on 120hz fast so thers the little annoying lag but in the 2.5 ui its work perfect ,so im happy ,and by the way you all should read the s21 ultra xda thread about heating problem guys im telling you i had the phone and when you lunch the camera app omg its start to overheating in less then min
or if you open facebook and surf it ,less the 3 min the screen dim very much because overheating.
i know ouer note is heating too im just live it in sunlight for 3 min the screen dim and the phone become hot ,but hey dont leave it in hot place lol trust me our note is the best phone for today trust me i had the s21 ultra !
the camera good you dont need 100 times zoom its insane and cant be used and the screen is perfect and exact same like the s21 ultra the only diffrence is the square shape that i like best..so any way enjoy your note phone and stay healthy all

Reactions: evnStevn

evnStevn

Feb 21, 2015
Inverness
yes my friend thats truth.i stay with note 20 ultra 2.5 ui the best and the smoothest.
i didnt returned my s21 ultra i sold it .and the lag with the new ui 3.0 or 3.1 is only when i unlock the phone you will see the transection lag with the icons but only when unlocking the phone (ints not apps in the backgrownd its new from store after set everything new) i know now that its in every phone in the note and in the s21 the same i checked many phones all the same maybe people not look for every small thing, but i like it to be perfect .
so i find what is the problem with this lag in s21 and the ultra ,the problem is the adaptive hz because sometimes the adaptive put your phone in 60hz and not all the time 120hz when the phone on lock screen its 60hz or lower then when you unlock its not put the phone on 120hz fast so thers the little annoying lag but in the 2.5 ui its work perfect ,so im happy ,and by the way you all should read the s21 ultra xda thread about heating problem guys im telling you i had the phone and when you lunch the camera app omg its start to overheating in less then min
or if you open facebook and surf it ,less the 3 min the screen dim very much because overheating.
i know ouer note is heating too im just live it in sunlight for 3 min the screen dim and the phone become hot ,but hey dont leave it in hot place lol trust me our note is the best phone for today trust me i had the s21 ultra !
the camera good you dont need 100 times zoom its insane and cant be used and the screen is perfect and exact same like the s21 ultra the only diffrence is the square shape that i like best..so any way enjoy your note phone and stay healthy all
right on...thnx. for sharing, yep, and I love my beast, my SM-N986U1!!🤓

Reactions: nosferatu123

evnStevn

Feb 21, 2015
Inverness
right on...thnx. for sharing, yep, and I love my beast, my SM-N986U1!!🤓
I might try the dialing it back to 10+2.5 because of you and a few others have done it or seriously considering it! I remember jumping right in to the beta program when it became available and of course you expect the issues that come with that! Prior to that I don't remember ANY ISSUES with the lagging or running hot?! Hey, it's a good backup, a data wipe, and a patched-odin flash after f/w download to jog my memory...that might be a "oh, it's on" for tonite. In fact, after this dialog I'm going forward with the prep work on that note (no pun intended, lol)! I can always allow the upgrade if I see there's no change from what's running now under the hood! Heck, I've been bored to death lately...I've needed a project so allow me to say, Thank You, my friend!!🤓