• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Why is my phone not turning on after restarting?

Search This thread

derunheimlich

Aug 1, 2021
Hello, guys! I had my Xiaomi Redmi 9t for 6 months now and so far I only encountered minor problems, not until now. Before that, I never did turned my phone off for a very long time or I have never restarted it, but since I noticed that my GPS was crappy---because it didn't show any accurate data while I'm using the Strava app to track my bicycle rides. So, I restarted it and after that the screen just went total black, it never responded despite of how long I pressed the power button, and also I just unplugged it from the charger because it was almost full. I was also able to use it few minutes after the restart without any problems, I heard from other users who owned this phone that this also the same problem they are encountering.

Also, it's not bricked or anything because it was still functioning normally. For not being bricked, I cannot access the fastboot mode since I cannot even turn it on.

derunheimlich

Aug 1, 2021
Your device is dead booted. The cause might be related to hardware. So, what I recommend for you is to bring that to a service center to get fixed or replaced. F.
yeah, there are a lot of fellow Filipino users who complained about the same problem. But I think it's also about the latest firmware update, because my younger sisters had the phone but they did not have any of my problem and their firmware versions aren't updated yet.

Reactions: missytoby2000

derunheimlich

Aug 1, 2021
And just to think of it, the latest update also made my phone cranky. The wifi suddenly turns off and on and the GPS thing (which i mentioned in the post).

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Hello, guys! I had my Xiaomi Redmi 9t for 6 months now and so far I only encountered minor problems, not until now. Before that, I never did turned my phone off for a very long time or I have never restarted it, but since I noticed that my GPS was crappy---because it didn't show any accurate data while I'm using the Strava app to track my bicycle rides. So, I restarted it and after that the screen just went total black, it never responded despite of how long I pressed the power button, and also I just unplugged it from the charger because it was almost full. I was also able to use it few minutes after the restart without any problems, I heard from other users who owned this phone that this also the same problem they are encountering.

Also, it's not bricked or anything because it was still functioning normally. For not being bricked, I cannot access the fastboot mode since I cannot even turn it on.
Plug it into a computer. Search for device manager in the windows search box. If it shows 'Qualcomm 9008' or something like that, it can be fixed but only in a service center. If it shows 'unknown usb port' then you lack the usb drivers, but still can be fixed. If it does not show in computer, not even 'unknown usb device', your device is not bricked, it is gone for good (or maybe the usb port is fried and also the battery drained, you can replace them as a last resort)

derunheimlich

Aug 1, 2021
Plug it into a computer. Search for device manager in the windows search box. If it shows 'Qualcomm 9008' or something like that, it can be fixed but only in a service center. If it shows 'unknown usb port' then you lack the usb drivers, but still can be fixed. If it does not show in computer, not even 'unknown usb device', your device is not bricked, it is gone for good (or maybe the usb port is fried and also the battery drained, you can replace them as a last resort)
I turned it over to the service center yyesterday. They told me that it'll be fixed tomorrow or friday. Which I'm really hoping.

Reactions: LR7875

Aliosius

Aug 4, 2021
the global south
Had the same problem today, phone is updated to the lastest firmware. Just woke up and the phone isn't even turning on, tried fastbooting while charging but nothing at all on the screen. Didn't get it wet nor dropped it. Guess we gotta replace the phone huh.

• Sad
Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I don't update. The first thing disable is OTA updates. Many apks still running factory load versions as well.
In over 1.5 years on Pie, no factory resets due to malware. My current load is over a year old, still fast and stable.

Rule#1 if your OS is running fast, stable and fulfilling its mission... let it be.

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
I don't update. The first thing disable is OTA updates. Many apks still running factory load versions as well.
In over 1.5 years on Pie, no factory resets due to malware. My current load is over a year old, still fast and stable.

Rule#1 if your OS is running fast, stable and fulfilling its mission... let it be.
Completely agreed if you have a Xiaomi. I regretted updating to MIUI 12 because it is s l o w.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Completely agreed if you have a Xiaomi. I regretted updating to MIUI 12 because it is s l o w.
    Update: The service center told me that it could take 1-2 months, because they have to replace the mainboard. :v
    Your device is dead booted. The cause might be related to hardware. So, what I recommend for you is to bring that to a service center to get fixed or replaced. F.
    yeah, there are a lot of fellow Filipino users who complained about the same problem. But I think it's also about the latest firmware update, because my younger sisters had the phone but they did not have any of my problem and their firmware versions aren't updated yet.
    I turned it over to the service center yyesterday. They told me that it'll be fixed tomorrow or friday. Which I'm really hoping.