Why is the phone saying empty battery and then shuts down on 30% of battery and doesn't allow to be turned on until you plug in the cable?

Search This thread

kalepf22

Apr 2, 2022
No battery saving is enabled, yet it shuts down even though it isn't empty. And you can't power it up until you plug a cable in. My mom's 2017/18ish huawei is the phone and she isn't doing much on it to "break" it. So I have no idea why this started happening and how to fix it.

kalepf22

Apr 2, 2022
Battery not calibrated or a battery or power controller failure.
What's the reported cell voltage at shutdown?
Compare that to the nominal voltage for shutdown.
You've gotta help me here. This is my mom's phone and it's not new but she mainly reads news and uses viber so not much damage can be done. I don't know how to calibrate the battery properly. And how do i compare voltages?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Charge to 100% run to auto shutdown x3.
Accubattery or other 3rd party app for battery voltage.
Not sure of the typical voltages for that battery, probably similar to other Li's of that type.

kalepf22

Apr 2, 2022
Charge to 100% run to auto shutdown x3.
Accubattery or other 3rd party app for battery voltage.
Not sure of the typical voltages for that battery, probably similar to other Li's of that type.
it seems calibration either didn't work or didn't help, i made sure it's 0 percent this time and it was charged fully.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
it seems calibration either didn't work or didn't help, i made sure it's 0 percent this time and it was charged fully.
Could be firmware or a hardware failure.
While SEU's very rarely happen, they do happen.
If it's in the user data partition a factory reset will correct it.
If it's in the rom, a reflash will be needed.

So consider a factory reset if so be careful what you then install. Check right after the reset see if the battery indicator is working.
If that fails reflash to the stock rom. If that fails it's hardware.
A repair tech familiar with this device can likely diagnose it far easier.