why is twrp now encrypting my phone?

Search This thread

Disease8

Dec 12, 2010
I have never had this before when I go into twrp it asks me for my password, why is it all encrypted? Does that mean that android is encrypted and this will slow down my performance?

Also I am annoyed beceuse when you clic th eapp button to see all open apps its a row which is much less intuitive than the stack in android 7, its frustrating and hard to cycle to the app I want fast and easily..
Can I change that back?
I am on android 11 now...
Strange how they update it so much and do not really add any changed they just make it worse..

Arc android

• I have never had this before when I go into twrp it asks me for my password, why is it all encrypted? Does that mean that android is encrypted and this will slow down my performance?

Also I am annoyed beceuse when you clic th eapp button to see all open apps its a row which is much less intuitive than the stack in android 7, its frustrating and hard to cycle to the app I want fast and easily..
    Can I change that back?
    I am on android 11 now...
    Strange how they update it so much and do not really add any changed they just make it worse..
    No bro I don't think that android will be encrypted. Did you set any password ??? I mean, I don't know how to set a password in twrp but I've seen some videos on YouTube about this so I know it at least exists.

Disease8

Dec 12, 2010
    No bro I don't think that android will be encrypted. Did you set any password ??? I mean, I don't know how to set a password in twrp but I've seen some videos on YouTube about this so I know it at least exists.
    I didnt do anyting I have done this 100 times and my rom is actin up so badly. It wont sync my contacts and doesnt even have the option for that in the accounts setting menu... never seen that before.. I have officla lineage rom? :( I never asked for it to be encrypted never seen this before. Wasted hours on this and now I have a broken phone with no contacts.. -_-.... Why lineage OS playing me like that?

Arc android

• I didnt do anyting I have done this 100 times and my rom is actin up so badly. It wont sync my contacts and doesnt even have the option for that in the accounts setting menu... never seen that before.. I have officla lineage rom? :( I never asked for it to be encrypted never seen this before. Wasted hours on this and now I have a broken phone with no contacts.. -_-.... Why lineage OS playing me like that?
    See, either it is a ROM problem or somehow twrp is encrypting everything. I'm hearing something like this first time so sorry brother if I am not helpful. In my opinion, you should installing some other ROM.

Disease8

Dec 12, 2010
    urgh man why is this so hard I never had so many issues.. :( Now the link for the gapp is never working, it says I cannot download it on my software?! and sends me a download link to my email but this email never has a link :(
    It seems like every step I take these days there is something broken or not working stopping me its very annooying

Arc android

• urgh man why is this so hard I never had so many issues.. :( Now the link for the gapp is never working, it says I cannot download it on my software?! and sends me a download link to my email but this email never has a link :(
    It seems like every step I take these days there is something broken or not working stopping me its very annooying
    From where were you downloading ??? Was it by any chance source forge ?? If so there will be a link below saying try downloading, just click on it .

Reactions: Disease8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      yeah thanks I am downloading nougat as I think that was the best android
      urgh man why is this so hard I never had so many issues.. :( Now the link for the gapp is never working, it says I cannot download it on my software?! and sends me a download link to my email but this email never has a link :(
      From where were you downloading ??? Was it by any chance source forge ?? If so there will be a link below saying try downloading, just click on it .