Question Why no custom ROMs yet?

Search This thread

lorenx

Nov 26, 2010
Hello,
I've been missing for quite a long time from XDA, but I'm about to get a new phone soon (maybe another OnePlus?) and I came here to check for new custom ROMs updates.
But it seems I cannot find any custom ROM for the OnePlus 10 Pro (yet?), why is that?

Thanks for the info.

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Watch
All of the above! Everything is different now a days with "all" OEM's, Google, Carrier's, etc.

But if some motivated Developers get the device, then who knows what mods will come our way....📱📱

Also, Magisk Modules are the modding wave 🌊!

Cheers 🍻

Reactions: metrixx02

ectoplasma22

Jun 8, 2013
France
OnePlus 10 Pro
There are already custom ROM for Xiaomi 12/Pro which also use Snapdragon 8 gen 1 so maybe there's luck but OnePlus sources are lacking and I asked Luke1337 and he is not interested in blind building since he ain't got the device.

ectoplasma22

Jun 8, 2013
France
OnePlus 10 Pro
İ can't found it .could u share for me .it has same tree our devices i could work it.
There's a telegram group, check the pinned posts

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
It's truly a sad time to be an android user....

But i've got a little thought in the back of my head that i can't shake, i think things will change.

No idea how it'll happen, may take a while, maybe after the release of the T / R 10 devices.

Time will tell, but yep it's certainly a crap time for Android; when a google flagship and oneplus devices don't have a single official ROM (pixel has AOSP unofficial afaik) it's time to re-evaluate your purchases a lot more carefully.

lorenx

Nov 26, 2010

But i've got a little thought in the back of my head that i can't shake, i think things will change.

No idea how it'll happen, may take a while, maybe after the release of the T / R 10 devices.

Time will tell, but yep it's certainly a crap time for Android; when a google flagship and oneplus devices don't have a single official ROM (pixel has AOSP unofficial afaik) it's time to re-evaluate your purchases a lot more carefully.

Yeah, I remember the old times here on XDA, there was so many threads proposing many different flavors.
I used to flash and try new ROMs almost everyday...

Now I have to get a new phone, I came here to check and I've realized it all changed.
It's even hard to find ROMs for Google Pixels and OnePlus phones, I don't know what happened but it's kinda frustrating...

metrixx02

May 27, 2013
Izmir
OnePlus 10 Pro
Guys just relax and give some time for developers.good news for sm8450 chipset is someone ported device and vendor tree for Xiaomi phones.i hope not far our phones .just relax.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
Guys just relax and give some time for developers.good news for sm8450 chipset is someone ported device and vendor tree for Xiaomi phones.i hope not far our phones .just relax.
Honestly mate, I've had enough phones to know that it should have happened by now.

I'm very patient, no problem in waiting, but every single OnePlus device has had several ROMs by this point bar none

lorenx

Nov 26, 2010

Don't worry, we are just talking and comforting each other... 😅

But well, I remember ROMs used to be posted here (almost) even before phones were available to be bought.

And since it seems that Google Pixels too lack of ROMs, I have a feelings things has changed lately somehow... but we all hope you are right man!

Reactions: dladz

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Don't worry, we are just talking and comforting each other... 😅

But well, I remember ROMs used to be posted here (almost) even before phones were available to be bought.

And since it seems that Google Pixels too lack of ROMs, I have a feelings things has changed lately somehow... but we all hope you are right man!
Google has made a lot of changes to the OS that just make everything a headache for custom ROM devs so that's not helping. The writing is on the wall for the Android ROM community and once Google finally forces hardware attestation the inability to easily hide root or unlocked bootloaders at all will kill off a lot more interest. The future of mobile phones is one of two separate walled gardens.

Google has made a lot of changes to the OS that just make everything a headache for custom ROM devs so that's not helping. The writing is on the wall for the Android ROM community and once Google finally forces hardware attestation the inability to easily hide root or unlocked bootloaders at all will kill off a lot more interest. The future of mobile phones is one of two separate walled gardens.
The only issue is erofs partitions. Everything else can be edited to change values. Maybe devs will have to find a way to make the rw. That's the issue I see for the future. But pa said they made a build with erofs for op7 so maybe they are looking into it.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
The only issue is erofs partitions. Everything else can be edited to change values. Maybe devs will have to find a way to make the rw. That's the issue I see for the future. But pa said they made a build with erofs for op7 so maybe they are looking into it.
There's also the fact that A/B partitions lead to plenty of bricks and the devs get blamed for it plus the issues that come with AVB 2.0, manufacturers not releasing full kernel sources... It's all a circus.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No msm unbrick tool, no sources and so on.
    Oneplus sucks every phone a little bit more! 10 pro is definitely my last OP phone
    Hello,
    I've been missing for quite a long time from XDA, but I'm about to get a new phone soon (maybe another OnePlus?) and I came here to check for new custom ROMs updates.
    But it seems I cannot find any custom ROM for the OnePlus 10 Pro (yet?), why is that?

Thanks for the info.
    You can try GSI roms, but they're buggy (e.g. fingerprint sensor is not working)
    Also you cannot unbrick your phone unless you send it to 1+ which makes development hard

Yeah, I remember the old times here on XDA, there was so many threads proposing many different flavors.
    I used to flash and try new ROMs almost everyday...

Now I have to get a new phone, I came here to check and I've realized it all changed.
    It's even hard to find ROMs for Google Pixels and OnePlus phones, I don't know what happened but it's kinda frustrating...
    Source tree is different default compilable sources.i hope someone could port it.