• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Why nord 2 does not have saturated colors

Search This thread

Pouic

Aug 9, 2010
Because most of the phones today prefer to have good and calibrated colours rather than punchy and over-satured.

You still can go to the colour screen settings menu and choose "Vivid" instead of "Gentle" for more saturated colours on the Nord 2

Because most of the phones today prefer to have good and calibrated colours rather than punchy and over-satured.

You still can go to the colour screen settings menu and choose "Vivid" instead of "Gentle" for more saturated colours on the Nord 2
vivid is still not look good bro. Even mi 11x has saturated. I used to see saturated colors on my previous devices so disappointed with that. For me it's like the colors are dull buts it's okay. I'll get used to it.

Reactions: Badtz-Maru

ZanaGB

Oct 3, 2015
On the vivid setting the colours are obnoxiously over-saturated and wrong...

... Perhaps you have some sort of color-blindness? The colors are plenty saturated.

On the vivid setting the colours are obnoxiously over-saturated and wrong...

... Perhaps you have some sort of color-blindness? The colors are plenty saturated
I have used many devices but the nord 2 colors is good but not great. Even comparing to my oneplus 3 nord 2 not good to be honest. The colors are preference but disappointed. There is no issues with the display it's just the software does not have that option.

ZanaGB

Oct 3, 2015
I have used many devices but the nord 2 colors is good but not great. Even comparing to my oneplus 3 nord 2 not good to be honest. The colors are preference but disappointed. There is no issues with the display it's just the software does not have that option.
The ""gentile"" color profile seems accurate to me, but well, i came from a Mi 9T Pro

Pouic

Aug 9, 2010
The thing that am disappointed is my old oneplus 3 display is much brighter and has better colors :(
According to reviews the Oneplus3 has much more worse color accuracy (too much saturated) and is less bright

Oneplus 3 :
max brightness = 420 cd/m²
color accuracy = deltaE 6.0 (normal) & 3.1 (sRGB) (less is better)

Oneplus Nord 2 :
633 cd/m²
deltaE 3.6 (vivid) & 2.1 (gentle)

Saturated fake colors are a thing from the past, today phones tend to go to accurate colors. They are less pleasant/saturated to the eye but at least they are accurate to reality.

Reactions: muppetz
According to reviews the Oneplus3 has much more worse color accuracy (too much saturated) and is less bright

Oneplus 3 :

Oneplus Nord 2 :
633 cd/m²

Saturated fake colors are a thing from the past, today phones tend to go to accurate colors. They are less pleasant/saturated to the eye but at least they are accurate to reality.
Thanks for the info really helpful

Reactions: muppetz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

vivid is still not look good bro. Even mi 11x has saturated. I used to see saturated colors on my previous devices so disappointed with that. For me it's like the colors are dull buts it's okay. I'll get used to it.
    The thing that am disappointed is my old oneplus 3 display is much brighter and has better colors :(

Oneplus 3 :

Oneplus Nord 2 :
    633 cd/m²

Oneplus 3 :

Oneplus Nord 2 :
    633 cd/m²

Thanks for the info really helpful