Question Why only some of the Google calendar notifications are triggering on S21 Ultra?

Search This thread

KingFatty

Feb 4, 2009
OK my next troubleshooting step is to try going into the app settings for Google Calendar, and deleting the cache and data, then restarting.

Apparently the Gmail delayed notifications might be solved this way, so I'm going to see if it helps with the Google Calendar missing notifications.

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
This is most definitely a Google problem and not a Samsung problem.
Uncheck syncing everywhere you can (related to Google).
Close all apps.
Restart the phone.
Check syncing on again.
Restart the phone.

K-9 Mail Notifications work perfectly.
GMail Notifications don't!

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POWER MANAGEMENT.

Here's a good joke:
Q: How do you get Google to care about a bug?
A: Tell them you're an iOS user.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Perhaps not in your case but power management including apps like Greenify cause erratic and unpredictable behaviors. Many times they even increase battery consumption.
There are just too many variables to begin with so eliminating power management is a logical first step.

I got Playstore puking all over me now🤣
Funny part is it just imploded by its self it seems; typical Gookill crapware. Unlike calendar I need it to renew purchased licenses. In the future whenever possible I will buy apps outside of Playstore. Lesson learned.

Best wishes finding your demons of the air...

Reactions: ione2380

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
Google pays Apple $10bn+ every year and makes better software for iOS than it does for Android.
If that doesn't make them simp cucks, nothing else does.
If that doesn't make us fools as Android users, then, nothing else does.

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
Problem solved: ./adb shell dumpsys deviceidle disable

I'm ordering an iPhone soon.

I'm turning this S21 into a Gaming machine.

Bye Google, assholes.

No end user should have to enter adb commands like this.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Bye Google, assholes.

Yay! What's not to like?
So far I've resolved all issues on my stock Note 10+ without using ADB. You need to play with it and there's plenty of help if you search for it enough. Freedom is paid for with sweat.

Apple runs well but damn it's a god ugly platform of no hope. You're locked into their lame vision with expensive, limited memory. No.
Need a better solution than Apple... it sucks even worse.

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
Yay! What's not to like?
So far I've resolved all issues on my stock Note 10+ without using ADB. You need to play with it and there's plenty of help if you search for it enough. Freedom is paid for with sweat.

Apple runs well but damn it's a god ugly platform of no hope. You're locked into their lame vision with expensive, limited memory. No.
Need a better solution than Apple... it sucks even worse.
So, I have to run an adb command every ****ing time I restart my phone?!

• Sad
Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
So, I have to run an adb command every ****ing time I restart my phone?!
I thought it was a permanent fix until a factory reset anyway... not so good then🥴

Face it, it's best not to use most Google apps. I learned that the hard way with Picasso🤣
Google will leave you high and dry; it's their nature. Pick your Android platform, stick with it and work out the bugs. Creativity isn't a straight line...

Use a 3rd party solution instead which is the great thing about the Android platform, lots more leeway even side loading if you must. You can always get the job done one way or another with an Android. There's got to be dozens of calendar apps including Samsung's which I occasionally use. No issues with notifications when I use it.

KingFatty

Feb 4, 2009
I'm just confirming that the missing Google Calendar notifications persists, even after clearing the cache/data of Google Calendar and restarting.

Also confirming that the problem persists if you uninstall Google Calendar, restart, and reinstall. Still has the problem.

About 1 minute ago my S21 Ultra was locked with the screen off, and it failed to notify for my Google Calendar event that should have triggered at the top of the hour.

So maybe this problem relates to whether the phone is locked, or the screen is off?

Last night while I was using my phone with the screen on, I received a Google Calendar notification. Maybe having the screen on or having the phone unlocked is what is allowing some Google Calendar Event notifications to work?

KingFatty

Feb 4, 2009

Bye Google, assholes.

Can you elaborate? Is the "deviceidle" process causing the issue, and disabling that process fixes the issue even after a reboot?

If so, is there any other way to control the deviceidle process without needing adb?

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
Can you elaborate? Is the "deviceidle" process causing the issue, and disabling that process fixes the issue even after a reboot?

If so, is there any other way to control the deviceidle process without needing adb?
Reboot removes any modifications to developer options and the adb command I showed above will be reversed by a reboot.

There is no longer a way to control the deviceidle process without needing adb.

Try it out, it isn't hard. I guarantee you that this will work. I haven't seen any noticeable depreciation in battery life by disabling this deviceidle.

Enable USB debugging on the phone.

You just unzip the file provided here in your PC: https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/

Navigate to it via terminal.

Then, after you connect the phone to your PC, run:

./adb devices

./adb shell dumpsys deviceidle disable

That'll fix it for sure.

Google pays Apple $10bn+ every year and makes better software for iOS than it does for Android.

If that doesn't make them simp cucks, nothing else does.

If that doesn't make us fools as Android users, then, nothing else does.

KingFatty

Feb 4, 2009
Im on s10+ and am not receiving notifications from Google calendar.

S10+
Android 11
Oneui 3.1
April patch
Interesting, have you tried any approaches to see if you can remedy it?

I've tried every setting, but it hasn't fixed it. So I'm going to do a factory reset, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

JungleQueen

Sep 28, 2021
Hi guys, I just discovered this thread and have the same issue on delayed notification on Gmail and Google calendar.

One weird thing I noticed is that under app permission for Google calendar, sometimes it shows no permission, when I click into it, it says it has permission to calendar and contact. I wonder if it is a display issue or Samsung/Android tries to secretly shut it down without us noticing? I have a S20 FE.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK. I turned off Notification History and everything seems to be working now.
    I didn't change my private DNS setting (dns.adguard.com).

I'll continue to test this throughout the day and report back.
    Boot menu. If not there it's under storage management on some non-Samsung phones.
    Call me a sissy. But, I don't think I should have to fix these glaring mistakes made by Samsung and Google through a cache reset.

Perhaps not in your case but power management including apps like Greenify cause erratic and unpredictable behaviors. Many times they even increase battery consumption.
    There are just too many variables to begin with so eliminating power management is a logical first step.

I got Playstore puking all over me now🤣
    Funny part is it just imploded by its self it seems; typical Gookill crapware. Unlike calendar I need it to renew purchased licenses. In the future whenever possible I will buy apps outside of Playstore. Lesson learned.

Best wishes finding your demons of the air...

Bye Google, assholes.