Question Why so many good features have to be installed from Galaxy Store?

Search This thread

Cyber.Angel

Jan 24, 2013
Espoo
What if Samsung would put a list of those apps with a short description both in the User manual and one app on the desktop to control installing the extras.

Dec 13, 2017
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
Wow 9 months later and still the argument. Look, while I realize that there are apps that I may not know about installed in the rom, I don't want a bunch of junk either. So I watch YouTube videos about the phone and software. I also go to galaxy store and look for by Samsung. That will give me the things I can install. And let's be honest, if everything Sammy made was baked in you would be wondering how to debloat.

joloxx9joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
UK
You do not get it, no one want's them as additional apps just add those features as part of the rom, simple.
Following your logic, I do not use lock screen shortcuts then we should remove them because "I" do not use them?
Installing them like now, as additional apps is worse than having them as native parts of the rom.
Not sure why you want to go to store and look for things like that, keep them updated etc. instead having them baked as part of the rom.

mpore14

Jul 25, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
1. Power users dislike bloat and what you are wishing for will translate to bloat or unneeded features for people who do not use it or need it. TouchWiz all over again.

2. Apps used to be included into the ROM update which caused delays for bug fixes and new features being available to users so updates are faster via the app stores

3. You don't need to use the Galaxy Store if you don't want to. All Samsung apks are a search away on apkmirror.com. They can also auto update if you install their app
I agree with this. I think they are trying to strike that balance between having so much bloat and simplicity of the system. I wouldn't call it balance if you pack all the known samsung apps knowing that most of it won't be utilized by the end user.

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
I can't in my Country install them legally. Don't You get it? Those modules are forbidden for me.
I must broke the law when i try use third applications or cracked versions, so i won't do that.

So, this is not "that's it"
Bro... Just install a VPN, connect to las vegas, remove your sim card, clear the cash of the galaxy store, and install the Good Lock. Use it, set it up, and then put your sim card back and enjoy. Note, that if you need to change settings of Good Lock after restart, it wont work. You would have to re-do the steps to get to the good lock settings.

And also do not overthink this as being illegal. Sammy gives the US the snapdragon CPU which is better, and the EU they give the Exynos, which essentially is inferior. This is something you should consider illegal and bad. Not using Good Lock in a different region.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Others are complaining Sammy puts in too much.... Now the choice is yours whether or not to install!
    People complain about apps and the inability to remove them.

goodlock and stuff are just features in the sense some of them could just be implemented in the core features of the OS.

for example I just use Keys Cafe to remove the WWW option from the samsung keyboard as its annoying because it makes the space bar smaller and end up hitting the dot everytime.
    You know that they exist, so install every module you want and that's it.
    I can't in my Country install them legally. Don't You get it? Those modules are forbidden for me.
    I must broke the law when i try use third applications or cracked versions, so i won't do that.

So, this is not "that's it"
    1. Power users dislike bloat and what you are wishing for will translate to bloat or unneeded features for people who do not use it or need it. TouchWiz all over again.

2. Apps used to be included into the ROM update which caused delays for bug fixes and new features being available to users so updates are faster via the app stores

3. You don't need to use the Galaxy Store if you don't want to. All Samsung apks are a search away on apkmirror.com. They can also auto update if you install their app
    Du

100mb more when phones have 128GB+ and Rom itself is 4gb? There are so many bloatware apps which cannot be uninstalled and you think it is to save the space lol? Heh that make so much sense.
    Exactly, there's already so many bloatware apps so why add more by adding goodlock and all its modules. 😂