Why some android devices thinks that file with APK extension is a directory and others don't?

Search This thread

proteancode

Dec 1, 2022
I have a private APK file hosted on some webserver, but that webserver downloads this as a zip file (it has to do sth with headers). I can just rename the file to use .apk extension and can install it with my Xiaomi, but the same method won't work with device like Lenovo Tab M10 HD (both phones running Android 10).

I have tried two file managers, one is top-downloaded and second one is a Total Commander

I am confused, looking for some ideas

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
I have a private APK file hosted on some webserver, but that webserver downloads this as a zip file (it has to do sth with headers). I can just rename the file to use .apk extension and can install it with my Xiaomi, but the same method won't work with device like Lenovo Tab M10 HD (both phones running Android 10).

I have tried two file managers, one is top-downloaded and second one is a Total Commander

Try extracting the zip, does it have the apk inside the zip?

(...) I can just rename the file to use .apk extension (...)

Using Total Commander, pack the apk file with the password (in TC check the Encrypted box) and upload it to the server.