• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Why theres no page for POCO F3 GT/Redmi K40 Gaming Edition yet?

Search This thread
Even Xda isn't allocated forum for F3 Gt then there is no hope for custom rom development
Seriously, I don't recognise the connection between custom ROM development (or the start of it) and the availability of a dedicated device forum. On XDA you find many development for devices that don't have their own device forum. If there's no developemtn for a device it must have other reasons then the lack of a device forum.

nadeemakhtar1994

Feb 27, 2014
Exactly my point. Nord 2 released same day as f3 gt has a forum. Also x3 gt released later than f3 gt has a forum . Don't know what problem devs have with f3 gt

okaraosp29

Apr 23, 2014
Seriously, I don't recognise the connection between custom ROM development (or the start of it) and the availability of a dedicated device forum. On XDA you find many development for devices that don't have their own device forum. If there's no developemtn for a device it must have other reasons then the lack of a device forum.
Yeh totally, he might not be aware of development process but that's really not the point of this post. We just need it's own forum.

Reactions: Ryan Raghendh

okaraosp29

Apr 23, 2014
Mediatek Dimensity 1200 has open resource architecture so there would be no issues at all in any of these devices with the chipset.
Issue is in the minds of people who just run away after hearing mediatek name.

Heck, I even heard someone saying "mediatek doesn't suit me". Is it a clothing item, that it doesn't suits you?

Last edited:

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
Not all smartfones have forum in xda and never will have. For example many realme devices like realme 7 5g, realme 8 5g ...
in opposition to poco m3 pro 5g or redmi note 10 5g (all are very similar ).
If no users of device, no forum here.

nadeemakhtar1994

Feb 27, 2014
Not all smartfones have forum in xda and never will have. For example many realme devices like realme 7 5g, realme 8 5g ...
in opposition to poco m3 pro 5g or redmi note 10 5g (all are very similar ).
If no users of device, no forum here.
I think you need to research. Poco f3 gt and nord 2 were probably most hyped phones in last quarter and many users have purchased the F3 Gt. And by many i mean huge numbers. it is still quite popular and many folks comments on new device forum requests page to add that phone forum. But xda seems to be sleeping

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Even though aosp developement for F3 GT will be slow or may be none due to mediatek Dimesity 1200 but it should have its own page.
    Mediatek Dimensity 1200 has open resource architecture so there would be no issues at all in any of these devices with the chipset.
    Issue is in the minds of people who just run away after hearing mediatek name.

Heck, I even heard someone saying "mediatek doesn't suit me". Is it a clothing item, that it doesn't suits you?
    Up.! Please release Poco F3 GT forum.
    Yeh totally, he might not be aware of development process but that's really not the point of this post. We just need it's own forum.
    Heck, I even heard someone saying "mediatek doesn't suit me". Is it a clothing item, that doesn't suits you?
    I so agree with you. Now that almost every brand including OnePlus, Samsung and Nokia are using these mediatek processors, I wonder why people would behave like that.