• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Why there's no Raise to Wake feature in redmi note 10?

Search This thread
Hi, I was looking for "Raise to Wake" feature in my redmi note 10 with PE+ Rom, but I didn't find it anywhere, I don't know why?
Is it a bug in my device or it isn't there at all?
I've seen cheaper phones having it though.

Please help.

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
This function exists in PE+.
Settings > Display > Advanced settings > Lock screen > Ambient display > Wake up by lifting

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
because that feature need physical proximity sensor. and mojito didn't have it, we have proximity based on motion.
Our phone has a proximity sensor. You can check this in the sensor checker apps.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

The test shows the change in the sensor value as it works. I bring my hand to the sensor and it changes the value to "0". I move my hand away and it changes the value to "2". The sensor is working.
I tried, not working.
I've tested it and it works. It just doesn't have a fast response time. Screen startup comes with a delay.

Last edited:

fadhlanisatria

Aug 11, 2014
West Jakarta
Redmi Note 10
Our phone has a proximity sensor. You can check this in the sensor checker apps.

The test shows the change in the sensor value as it works. I bring my hand to the sensor and it changes the value to "0". I move my hand away and it changes the value to "2". The sensor is working.
hmm it's different on my case. my proximity is triggerred when theres motion put the phone to the ear.
Screenshot_2021-10-25-13-34-59-578_imoblife.androidsensorbox.jpg

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
hmm it's different on my case. my proximity is triggerred when theres motion put the phone to the ear.
In that case, it's the same. For me, the basic use of the proximity sensor is also to turn the phone off when put to my ear. I used the hand test because I can't see the display at the ear. So the proximity sensor works.

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
The sensor does not work when the "display is covered".
It is located near the speaker to listen to the call. It's just a small area it responds to. Putting your ear or hand in the right place activates the sensor. Additionally, it seems to work better with the phone in a vertical position.

fadhlanisatria

Aug 11, 2014
West Jakarta
Redmi Note 10
The sensor does not work when the "display is covered".
It is located near the speaker to listen to the call. It's just a small area it responds to. Putting your ear or hand in the right place activates the sensor. Additionally, it seems to work better with the phone in a vertical position.
Screenshot_20211101-060415_Chrome.png

gsmarena says "virtual proximity sensing". so yeah, I believe this device didn't have physical proximity sensor.

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
gsmarena says "virtual proximity sensing". so yeah, I believe this device didn't have physical proximity sensor.
"A lady said."
It's not true!
The virtual proximity sensor does not work if the phone is not moving and only the position of the body relative to the phone changes. So, for example, the palm of your hand is moving closer and further away from the sensor. Our phone reacts to such body movement, so it must have a physical proximity sensor.