• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Wi-Fi calling and Volte

Search This thread

jab5555

Sep 13, 2012
Can you upload them files from your phone map_msn.xml,,, default.xml will check if all fine as I'm with Ee and all works is your sim pay monthly as I think Wi-Fi calling is not working on pay as you go plans

I've been informed no matter what you do on 3 UK, the settings are sim dependent, I could get Wi-Fi calling on Vodafone automatically, never tried my phone with EE, but I suspect it could be the same problem, strange thing mine worked in USA whilst roaming but can't get it work in the UK, 3 UK answer is buy one of their phones grr

Jump1ng

Nov 23, 2011
UK
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 9 Pro
I've been informed no matter what you do on 3 UK, the settings are sim dependent, I could get Wi-Fi calling on Vodafone automatically, never tried my phone with EE, but I suspect it could be the same problem, strange thing mine worked in USA whilst roaming but can't get it work in the UK, 3 UK answer is buy one of their phones grr

I have working VoLTE and WiFi calling on EE so it is possible to fix, easiest way imho load LeeDroid and you have easy access to both features without having to modify xml files yourself.

RyuujiTakasu

Dec 3, 2012
Freiburg
Hello

I'm new to rooting and modifing so my question may sound a little bit dumb.

I got a U11 with Vodafone EU/Germany branding which got Wifi calling and VoLTE (which i cant use cause if my contract) and a unbranded U12+.
So my question is, can I just copy paste the xml from my u11 to my u12+ ? Also do I need root or can I do it wothout? (Cause I dont want to wipe and reinstall all my apps and authenticators) also because in the OP is the following line:
you need to be rooted and able to use any root explore or just pull files to your PC and use notepad++ or similar
DO BACKUP!!!!
Does this mean i need root regardless or can I also do it trough my PC?

Last edited:

raxus_5

Oct 21, 2017
HTC U11+
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hi all,
I too want to enable wifi calling on my htc u11+.
I have unlocked the phone, but I am not able to root yet, dur inability to boot into recovery. Looks like the TWRP version for my Android patch level (1 july 2019) is probably not available.
Is it possible to edit the above file, in just unlocked state without installing root ?

raxus_5

Oct 21, 2017
HTC U11+
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hi all,
I too want to enable wifi calling on my htc u11+.
I have unlocked the phone, but I am not able to root yet, dur inability to boot into recovery. Looks like the TWRP version for my Android patch level (1 july 2019) is probably not available.
Is it possible to edit the above file, in just unlocked state without installing root ?
Update:
I got root on my phone with Magisk.
But I am not able to edit the default.xml. I get error saying, it's a read only file

raxus_5

Oct 21, 2017
HTC U11+
Samsung Galaxy S20
Update:
I got root on my phone with Magisk.
But I am not able to edit the default.xml. I get error saying, it's a read only file
Ok. The issue was about granting root permission to my file explorer and editor.
I got it enabled finally. I edited 2 files though: /system/customize/ACC/default.xml and /system/customize/MNS/HTC_<cid>_default.xml as per instructions of 8bitbang.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi There
    Happy to share I been able to make Wi-Fi calling and volte working on my HTC u12+ I'm using EE UK network and finally get all works after few months of struggling..

I read what LIabTooFer said about manual activate Wi-Fi calling and volte on non branded phones
    You can find that on his twitter post from August 31
    https://twitter.com/LlabTooFeR/status/1035495777966153728

So I did exactly what he wrote over there but I couldn't get that working (maybe because he got HTC u11)

So I did exactly what is below
    you need to be rooted and able to use any root explore or just pull files to your PC and use notepad++ or similar
    DO BACKUP!!!!

edit default.xml
    you can find in /system/customize/acc and if you got htc__xxx.xml which is named with your phone cid in acc folder just delete it
    check lines in default.xml and edit

<item name="carrier_default_wfc_ims_enabled_bool" type="boolean">false</item>
    <item name="carrier_htc_ims_setting_type_bool" type="boolean">false</item>
    <item name="carrier_htc_show_volte_ui_bool" type="boolean">true</item>
    <item name="carrier_htc_volte_ui_checked_bool" type="boolean">true</item>
    <item name="carrier_wfc_ims_available_bool" type="boolean">true</item>
    <item name="showVolteStatusBarIcon" type="boolean">true</item>

Save and reboot phone

after reboot check call setting should see options voice over lte and wifi calling

Don't know if will work for everyone as many providers use different settings

link for htc 10 US branded default.xml files for sprint tmobile us verizon and us unlocked you could use that as guide to edit your default.xml https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AKriJ7XOyHNvxkdloAPOcE4tsIUZNesY

How to enable Wi-Fi calling and volte on T-MobileUs thanks to @8bitbang
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/u12-plus/themes/magisk-module-enable-volte-video-t3871444

I do not take responsibility for any bricked phones
    that's only steps I did and it work for me but don't know If will for you
    Risk on you

I have used HTC u11+ and HTC u 12+ and got Wi-Fi calling and Volte on both

Regards
    Marcin
    Got WiFi calling and Volte working again by using LeeDroid ROM hopefully he will make it available to every one and a full ROM.
    de7dw8.jpg

Currently its a magisk module which is very easy to use as long as you have magisk installed.

Happy days!
    HTC U12+ as per my sig :)

I did edit my post so you can find all files in there

regards
    marcin
    Thanks, will try this out just need to find a bit of quiet time at work to mess about with the phone.
    Where can I find the LEE Rom?