• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Wi-Fi Calling on VZW, has anyone got this working?

Search This thread

xRelapse13

Mar 19, 2011
Has anyone been able to successfully enable VoWiFi on a VZW network? Phone is the unlocked OP9Pro and I've tried the Logkit function switches but the actual switch within settings just turns right back off when I try to enable.

Dashwood Foxe

Dec 23, 2014
I am going to bring up what I mention about VoWifi from another topic. Please read carefully:

VoWifi on Verizon will only ever work on Verizon branded SKU's, they have a list of all approved IMEI they pull from manufacturers for each work order to allow their SKU's (specifically for Verizon!!!!) to use VoWifi and it's very unlikely they will white list your phone.

PS: Even on like or identical devices; VoWifi will not work, the only exception are the pixels for which Google and Verizon collaborated with marketing and of course iphones.

This is strictly the fault AND choice by Verizon. If you want wifi calling in any capacity you have four options:

1. Buy a phone direct from Verizon from their webstore or the myriad of brick and mortar locations such as best buy or themselves.
2. Buy a pixel.
3. Buy an iphone.
4. Switch carriers to a one that does allow you to wifi call regardless of devices and tell Verizon to sod off!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am going to bring up what I mention about VoWifi from another topic. Please read carefully:

VoWifi on Verizon will only ever work on Verizon branded SKU's, they have a list of all approved IMEI they pull from manufacturers for each work order to allow their SKU's (specifically for Verizon!!!!) to use VoWifi and it's very unlikely they will white list your phone.

PS: Even on like or identical devices; VoWifi will not work, the only exception are the pixels for which Google and Verizon collaborated with marketing and of course iphones.

This is strictly the fault AND choice by Verizon. If you want wifi calling in any capacity you have four options:

1. Buy a phone direct from Verizon from their webstore or the myriad of brick and mortar locations such as best buy or themselves.
    2. Buy a pixel.
    3. Buy an iphone.
    4. Switch carriers to a one that does allow you to wifi call regardless of devices and tell Verizon to sod off!