Question Wi-Fi issue. Wi-fi connected, no internet

Search This thread

ZionMainframe

Mar 20, 2016
Issue on my brand new Redmi note 10 pro:
  • Wi-fi is connected, can see the arrow symbol below the wi-fi symbol also.
  • But no internet on my phone. Cannot browse any website. No app displays content either. (Devices other than my phone have normal wi-fi connection with no issues.)
  • A simple wi-fi off-on ensures access to internet is back.
This is getting very annoying since it happens 4-5 times in a day. Anyone else facing this issue? Any pointers on solving this?

PS: All options under "Wi-Fi assistant" is disabled.

iccegmol

Sep 29, 2015
After ~5 years, 3 Xiaomi phones and 4 different routers, I concluded that Xiaomi phones can't keep wifi connections up for more than a few minutes before they show a banner "this wifi has no access to the Internet" message. I tried finding solutions other than the mythical "you should reset your device to factory settings", with no success. I gave up since, and simply keep my device in 5G even at home.

While I still enjoy their smartphones on a daily basis, I stopped recommending this brand to anyone but me.

p.s. if you ever find the solution, please share it!

Reactions: ZionMainframe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After ~5 years, 3 Xiaomi phones and 4 different routers, I concluded that Xiaomi phones can't keep wifi connections up for more than a few minutes before they show a banner "this wifi has no access to the Internet" message. I tried finding solutions other than the mythical "you should reset your device to factory settings", with no success. I gave up since, and simply keep my device in 5G even at home.

While I still enjoy their smartphones on a daily basis, I stopped recommending this brand to anyone but me.

p.s. if you ever find the solution, please share it!