Question Wi-Fi stability issues

Search This thread

KoMarCek

Oct 22, 2010
Even with the latest update as of May 2022, my new Tab A8 exhibits Wi-Fi stability issues not seen on the old Tab A7.
After leaving a connected tablet to sleep, Wi-Fi for some apps won't work and only a WiFi OFF + WiFi ON reset will restore connectivity.
Anyone else encountered this problem?

KoMarCek

Oct 22, 2010
Yup, up to the latest from April. Tested on 2 devices and it's the same. Factory reset doesn't help.
I'm hoping that if not before, at least the Android 12 update will resolve this.

KoMarCek

Oct 22, 2010
I just updated to Android 11 firmware update from last week - X200XXU1AVG1 - but the issue remains the same :( :(

cnlson

On Build number RP1A.200720.012.X200XXU1AVC1, no updates I'm aware of. When this happens to me and I toggle wifi off and back on, no networks display. If I toggle airplane mode it they will appear again.

II'm in the USA, using an asus blue cave router.
What's everyone else using?

Anyone know what wifi chipset this tablet uses?

KoMarCek

Oct 22, 2010
Yeah... let's hope Android 12 includes fixes for this... really, the Tab A7 was a much better device with a nicer screen :(

KoMarCek

Oct 22, 2010
SM-X205 is now getting Android 12 but nothing available yet for SM-X200. Will probably take a couple more days :)

KoMarCek

Oct 22, 2010
OK now SM-X200 also got the first Android 12 update and the results are... BAD! :( Still the same issue and I'm quite done with Samsung for now. Unbelievable that they do not test the basic functionality well enough. I expected some WiFi driver updates under the hood but it seems they are oblivious to the fact Tab A8 has issues.