Widevine and Root

virtyx

Jan 3, 2011
My pixel 3xl had the widevine keys deleted from vendor firmware_mnt after I unlocked.
So be careful, you might not get the keys back.

I will relock soon and see if it helps

Pfeffernuss

Jun 30, 2009
Wassenaar
Unlocked bootloader = widevine L1, period.

You can download Netflix app that apparently circumvents this and still displays HD video, but not working here (plus it's old version without full screen anyway).

kev1807

Jan 17, 2011
Heidelberg
With the Huawei Mediapad M5 Pro, my tablet I still use, as Oneplus is not making awesome tablets :( , I used a Custom Rom from Openkirin.net and I was able to keep Widevine L1 and Netflix in HD.
Do any of you know of good Custom Roms that have Widevine L1 enabled? (it was at least their resurrection remix version for Kirin devices that kept Widevine L1)
Maybe some devs are reading along and have perceived a way to add it to a Rom and would think about adding it :-o

dami00976

Dec 27, 2008
Unlocked bootloader = widevine L1, period.

You can download Netflix app that apparently circumvents this and still displays HD video, but not working here (plus it's old version without full screen anyway).
It's true that it's old version, not true not having full screen. I have a mod Netflix I found here in xda with hdr and dolby it is old version but it works